July 29, 2014 | 1928 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sebium H2O

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many, I heard so many rave reviews about this product that I was curious to try it. It removes makeup beautifully and feels naturally refreshing. Also, my skin doesn't feel stripped and most of the time I could likely go without moisturizing afterwards.
I do love this product but it's so expensive I only use it sparingly: I use it to cleanse in the morning or on days I'm not wearing any makeup (even though it removes makeup beautifully) so I use less of it. It's very easy to go through a bottle quickly. If I used it as my sole cleanser it would only last about a month.
I'd buy it again, but the price makes me cringe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I accidentally posted this earlier for the gel version but am deleting that and posting it in the correct product section: This is a great 2-in-1 product. It does leave your skin feeling a lot cleaner, especially if you are acne prone. The packaging is not great quality. The lid broke while I was travelling and spilled quite a lot of product. Also, it's hard to get (I picked up my previous tube when I was holidaying in Paris) so I'm going to try the Clinique scrub for a bit because I kind of got that free. And then, I may lay off on scrubs for a bit. I have very very oily skin and I have heard that scrubs contribute to oiliness in the long run.

Edit: I bought another bottle of this. While I don't find it harsh, I have VERY oily skin in VERY humid weather and I found that my face was an oil spill at the end of the day - its oily but isn't quite as oily without this product. It says don't rinse off but I would.

Update: I guess my skin has become less oily now and this product works well for me. It cleanses without drying out. However I still need to rinse it off in hot humid weather.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

This is the product I was not impressed by even though it is so much talked about. It was good enough to remove the make up and seemed to leave my skin clean. I have combination skin, but can't say if the product did anything in particular to control oil. What I disliked about the cleanser is the smell and tingly sensation it gave. I'd been expecting a milder experience dealing with it. Cannot understand why the product has to be so heavily scented. It has some smell of medicines.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Usually I'll use a micelle solution to remove mascara before using a cleanser to take everything else off then finish with either a toner or more micelle solution. I ended up buying this one, for combination/oily skin, because the one for sensitive skin has been sold out in my area for 3 months. It's about $22CAD for 250ml.

Unlike the Sensibio, this irritated my skin and left skin dry with a mild burning sensation. Using it with a cotton pad felt like it was scraping me. The sensitive skin one is still sold out so I've given up on Bioderma for now and switched back to Avene and Caudalie :/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by neanymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this because I watched a few youtube beauty gurus raving about the Crealine version. When I checked their website I saw that they had a version for oily problematic skin like my own. I have been using it for about two weeks and the results are AMAZING. It's hard to explain, but my skin has never been so soft. My pores are a lot less visible and I feel like I barely need any foundation. BB creams tend to be enough now a days. If I wear make up during the day I use it as toner after using my facial cleanser. It removes whatever the cleanser missed and leaves a clean and refreshed feeling on my face. If I don't wear makeup I skip the facial cleanser and just use this product on it's own to clean my face. I don't know if it will work for everyone like it worked for me, but I am believer. It is a little pricey and not very easy to come by but definitely worth the effort.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have received a 250ml bottle of Bioderma Sebium Micelle Solution with the purchase of Sebium cream. 250ml bottle is the medium sized one Ė there also exists a bigger, 500 ml bottle and one smaller. As far as I can remember, 250 ml costs around $13.

Bioderma has two varieties of micelle solution: Sensibio (for sensitive skin) and Sebium (for oily skin). I was a bit worried that, since my version is for oily skin, it would be too drying, but it wasnít.

Ever since Iíve tried it, micelle solution is my favourite method for removing make-up. It takes off the layers of foundation and powder, eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner without irritating my eyes. Keep in mind that I donít generally use waterproof make-up, but Iíve started applying Chanel Illusion díOmbre mixed with Inglot Duraline, which makes the make-up longwearing.

Micelle solution is a transparent liquid, with light scent, which looks like a water. The scent is barely there, but donít get it in your mouth, because the taste is horrible.

Iíve been using it almost daily for two and a half months and thereís a bit more than half left, although at first it didnít seem as if it would last for so long.

My only problem is the packaging Ė it comes in a flip top bottle and I think that it would be easier to dispense it if it contained a pump. As it is now, I sometimes have a hard time not to overspill it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i use this in the morning as a cleanser/toner type product and it works great at removing excess dirt and oils off my face as well as in the evening as a MU remover. it removes makeup without that oily residue of regular MU removers. it's expensive yes but it's totally worth it. it has a nice fragrance and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean without feeling stripped.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by pureheart3

I have combination-dry, acne prone, sensitive skin with post inflammatory pigmentation. This produce made my skin feel uncomfortable and red. My skin was tight and i felt that it was a bit too harsh on my skin. I think this product is for oily skin. I also dislike the smell. I would only recommend this for people who have really oily skin or robust skin. I use it to clean my brushes and screen because apparently even though it's not suitable for my face, it's still a decent cleaning product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by philipjfryxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS SOO MUCH.

I love to use these types of cleansers in morning - i just put few drops on my cottonpads and quickly go over my face - it's super clean, not sticky or anything, matte and even little bit moisturized (or NOT dry definitely)
At night i like to remove my make-up more with gel-foaming cleansers (Bioderma Sebium cleanser or La roche posay effaclar cleanser), because for me it's faster.
But removes make-up anyways better than any cleanser (i tried Bioderma, Vichy, Avene, La roche posay, Drugstore (Garnier, L'Oreal..), Sephora products) that i've ever had.

The price is high. But worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by katiesham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really, really love this product. I've almost finished my first bottle (500ml) and am looking to get a second. I've been using this as my main cleanser and it's worked wonders on my skin. I still get hormonal breakouts, but this coupled with a drying lotion and my acne is generally kept at bay. I've only used this in the winter so far, and it is a little drying on my face, but I attribute most of that to the season. I haven't found that it removes my eye makeup and definitely not anything waterproof, but I use the Mac Cleanse Off Oil for that. It removes even stubborn foundation like the Revlon Colorstay, but it might take a second go with another cotton pad. This stuff is wonderful. I've been considering buying the Sensibo formula, but I think I like this too much to switch.