September 2, 2014 | 1563 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Matte Finishing Veil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by ithinkuracontra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good translucent powder. A lot of people are having problems with the brush but oddly enough, I don't mind it. It's not the softest powder brush I've ever used but it works and I like how it's small enough that I can get the powder into the tiny crevices of my face. I heard that the powder gets sent through the brush, but I don't know how that works. Maybe they've changed it? What I do is twist off the cap and dip the brush inside the container that has holes to prevent too much product from getting out which is very similar to Bare Escentuals. So all in all, I really like the powder and the brush is definitely useable, and since it's Physician's Formula, I doubt it will break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I actually believe I may have finally found my HG face powder! I've only used this a couple of times, but so far it is amazing. I have never used another powder (including high-end brands) that controls shine the way this does. I put on make-up (foundation and this powder) late this morning, and my skin still looks flawless (now late afternoon). It doesn't even feel oily; usually my face is an oil slick by this point.

The packaging is really bad. I will definitely be liberating the powder into another container. And the brush is awful; don't even bother using it.

I'm still kind of waiting for something bad to happen (breakouts or other bad reaction) because I've rarely used anything that works this well. Keeping my fingers crossed!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by marchigiano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually got this in a gift set (it included a mineral wear blush and foundation as well) for about $18, which is great considering most Physician's Formula products retail for at least $14 each. I was extremely unhappy with the attached brush; it felt rough and like it was scratching my skin. However, applying it with a large face brush I found it to give me such a flawless look! I will definitely be sticking with this until I find something I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by ariana100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very very oily skin that breaksout so easily. and this is definitly my HG powder! I cannot live without it. I use the other PF mineral wear products and this over top and my skin looks flawless! I get sooo many compliments on my skin and I have to say it's thanks to this product. It looks like your skin is airbrushed. I don't like the idea of the packaging so I pour the powder into an empty container of mineral wear powder foundation and use either my kabuki brush or a fluffy blush brush and it works wonders. Definitly worth the 11 bucks!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by marshamc04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was on sale for 5 bucks and I normally get maybelline's finishing powder but this was cheaper BIG MISTAKE!!!! I have sensitive skin and on the box is says good for sensitive/acne prone skin. I have been using this for maybe a week and my face is sooooo dry, red, itchy, and I have all these red bumps all over my face, I have a tingle like sensation all over my face I just want to scratch my skin off, I have no idea what's in this, but its torn my face up!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by 10donahuem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YIKESSS! I just started using this brand because i have sensitive skin. I used it for the first time yesterday and i have a rash all over my face. They're are little red bumps everywhere. Kinda confused because its supposed to be for sensitive skin. not impressed at all. However, i did also just use the normal talc-free pressed mineral face powder by itself for a few days before this product and it didnt cause any irritation..?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by KRomano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was just okay. im really not liking the brush...it deposits tooo much of the product and it doesnt feel good...got this at my local walgreens for like 4 bucks, pretty good deal

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVEEEEE THIS STUFF!!! Thankfully, my Rite Aid had this stuff on sale for only 3 bucks. However the original price is somewhere between $13.00-$14.00 dollars. So yes, it's a bit exspensive considering it's a drugstore brand

Other than the price, the only problem I have with this product is the packaging. The brush smells like a goat, makes your face smell like a goat, and the brush (for whatever ungodly reason) doesn't deposit powder evenly onto your face the way it should. To correct this problem, I suggest using another brush. Here's how I get my powder out:

With the lid still on, I shake my bottle. Then I take the lid off. I dip my E.L.F. face brush into the powder and then apply it evenly all over my face.

As long as you have an extra brush handy, then the packaging isn't much of a problem.

So, in short, this stuff makes my foundation and eyeshadow stay MUCH longer. By the end of the day, my make'up's barely budged.

Would I buy this product again? HELL YES!! ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Amanda179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the entire line of Physicians Formula Talc-Free Mineral Wear! My acne-prone sensitive skin has never been better since switching (and continuing to use oil-free sensitive skin moisturizers). This gives great coverage, especially for skin that gets a little shiny & it's totally portable. Lasts throughout most of the day, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a clearance item at Walgreen's for $6.50. I normally use Bare Escentuals, but didn't feel like paying a lot for a finishing powder. I hate the brush that comes with this. Too rough, but probably good enough to use for a touch up on the go. I will use my regular powder brush at home to set the finishing eil. I did notice the first time I wore this powder I had some red bumps on the chin like it was going to break out. Not sure if I scratched up my chin with the built-in brush or if it is actually the product. Will need to use product a bit more to see how skin reacts.