November 26, 2014 | 1560 users online

Shampoo - Alterna - Ten Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Monkey999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I generally don't prefer a salon brand over the drugstore brand of shampoo, because they never seem to be any better. This one is different. It really makes my hair soft and silky, without leaving a residue. It is my favorite, but I don't use it every time because the price is ungodly. But it is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by ullainga

The BEST shampoo I've ever used and believe me, I've tried loads. Makes my think limp nordic hair twice as thick, silky and strong and maybe I'm imagining it, but I could swear my hair is also growing a lot faster. lovely smell too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by audee1213

People have really reviewed this product very wrongly. If anyone has any idea the way commerce and capitalistic society, they will realize that $60 is what the public will pay for a specialty shampoo/conditioner. Supply-Demand, easy concepts. If youre not in the bracket to pay $60, why even try it? and worse why talk crap on a product you're jealous you cant justify spending $60 bucks on? Bizarre! Anyone who invests in their hair, like people who are unaturally blond, or people with troublesome hair (thick curly) have RAVED about this shampoo and conditioner. I AGREE WITH THEM 100%. The products provide great value to people who invest in their hair! I have very expensive extentions. To protect my investment I bought this set. Yes, it's expensive, but it gave my fake hair at least 3-4 months of life, that's like $750. Also it is a treatment line for people with damaged hair...Why on earth would anyone who has fine, unprocessed hair buy a heavy, nutrient rich, pricey line and then complain it didnt suit them, um hello, stupid!
If your hair needs special attention, is dry, thick, curly, overprocessed, aging, bleached, etc. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 4:35:00 AM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It does not weigh my hair down, strip my color or irritate my scalp. It keeps my hair feeling soft and shiny. I will pay for good product. I agree that this shampoo has a steep price tag, but have not found anything that stands up to this one. The packaging is super cute and matches my purple bathroom, another reason to love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueeny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The price of this comes into play. That being said, this shampoo is awesome on my thick curly/wavy hair. I have a sensitive scalp and my hair frizzes with every other product. However this is soothing and makes my highlighted hair soft and fresh looking and NO FRIZZ. I am a hairdresser and get it for half price which is still too much. I don't know if I'll repurchase until I try the anti age cavier one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by hulakids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I received a sample of the Alterna Ten shampoo and conditioner and was anxious to see what transformation would occur to my listless, colored hair and itchy scalp. I was expecting fabulous results, especially when you consider the price tag. Like all the other reviewers noted before me, it's a hefty $60.00 a bottle,

The results? A small amount is needed to bring a great lather, it has a light pleasant scent and with the conditioner, detangles hair with ease. My hair seemed shiner, appeared to have more body and my scalp seemed less irritated.

While the initial results seem appealing, perhaps longer usage of this product is needed to see the optimal effects. Unfortunately, the exorbitant cost and with only a "good" rating, I have given this product 3 lippies and thats only because I can't rate it 2.5.

I recommend searching elsewhere, perhaps Nutrisse for the budget minded or checking the other products as mentined by a prior reviewer as there is no HG here in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Ehspecial

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo is booty. It leaves my fine, golden blond colored hair looking lifeless and dull. I would much prefer to invest my money in Phyto shampoos (Phytojoba & Phytocitrus are great for fine colored hair) or Bumble and Bumble's Thickening Shampoo, all of which are much cheaper than this product to wit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 3:15:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

Prior to getting a sample of this shampoo and conditioner, I had never heard of Alterna or the fact that there was a sulfate-free shampoo. And prior to getting this sample, I had never heard of a shampoo costing $60!! :-o However, since it was a free sample, I decided to give it a try, knowing that even if it made my hair clean, lustrous, and voluminous, I would NEVER invest $60 in a shampoo. That said, this is a pretty decent shampoo. I haven't noticed anything dramatic, but after shampooing my hair, my scalp felt clean and my hair didn't feel stripped. Plus, it smelled really nice, and seemed to lather well. I would definitely purchase it if the price went down to $6, but I can't afford $60 for shampoo....

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2007 4:40:00 AM More reviews by devo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a shampoo. Full size, it's $60, I have a bitsy 5 ml sample. I got my hair wet, lathered, and rinsed just like any other shampoo. It performed as an average shampoo. Did I mention this is a $60 average shampoo?