October 25, 2014 | 1652 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Master Corrector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great correcter for under eye circles. I tried #2 and it works amazing! Covers any dark circles in a second! Love it. This product is really amazing. But for $39 is too expensive.
I found Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser corrector that is very, very similar to Armani's, except the price, of course. Almost the same quality.
However, if Armani's corrector would be under $30 I would purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Again i only tried this because of MUA. Was reading all those reviews and so wanted to try. I could't make my mind if i need 1 pink or 2 orange. End up with the pink as i saw it on eBay cheaper than in shop.
Right first i must tell that i m person that i ALWAYS wear concealer on my eyes. And this from when i was 15yo - now 36. Concealer in my routine is the most important product from all my make up. I have concealers in EVERY bag and is the first thing i'll apply when i get up and even if i m not make up i'll still have concealer on my eyes.
I can't even mention all the brands and types i tried .. Possible everything on the market. And i always keep buying new items to try.
Now this is not a concealer but corrector which you should use UNDER concealer. And all those years back there was only concealer in the shops but when the product "corrector" come out i start using as well. I have tried few correctors but the one i used for loooong time was Bobbi Brown in Light Medium Bisque. I tho i m happy with but this is only cos i didn't find anything better till i tried the GA one.
This is absolutely fabulous product. Very light to wear and the amazing part is that really covers and don't crease . Also my concealer on top holds much better and last much longer . I don't even have to touch up anymore during the day ( my HG concealer is IT Cosmetics Bye Bye after trying millions incl. La Mer and CDP that are high rated as well )
Now the colour - as i said i end up FIRST with the pink one. ( i'm MAC 15/20 i can wear pink , peach and neutral but not strong yellow undertones ) this pink corrector IS WAY TO PINK and if i use alone i have this dark pink eye orbits that will turn in to pinkish red after an hour. Obviously you don't use this alone and when i apply my concealer on top it does the trick but i wont repurchase this colour. The ORANGE shade which i also end up buying is definitely much better and looks much natural on my eyes. And not bad even used alone.
When you first apply both look dark but ones you worked out is completely other story.

I can honestly say this is the best corrector i've used so far and will keep using till i find something better but to be honest i m not looking for replacement .

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by humbuggery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am probably NC10 or lighter and I am able to use the orange shade #2 as a color corrector for my purple circles which are hereditary and caused by blood vessels in the undereye hollows.

A lot of ladies a hair darker than me have said that #2 does not work for them and is too dark. The thing is, you're not supposed to use it alone, and you're DEFINITELY not supposed to apply a lot of it.

The trick to completely erasing your dark circles with this is to apply this orange corrector ONLY on the areas with the purple darkness. Then, buff or blend out with a crease blending brush, dry sponge or finger. Maybe let it set for a few seconds instead of immediately going in with your concealer. You MUST use a concealer on top of this for it to work.

I use NARS creamy concealer in Chantilly using the triangle method, google "concealer triangle method".

This WORKS. It completely erases the circles. I am serious.

I tried the pink corrector, and it does not correct the circles for me. Only the orange does. And it never, ever looks as if I have orange or peach under my eyes. The peach shade completely melds with the colour of the circles, and they CANCEL each other out to make a perfect neutral shade under my concealer. This WORKS if you use it correctly. If you apply too much, it will bleed/blend with your concealer, making it look orange.

I will buy this again and again and again.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

This is my new HG for undereye concealers. It's super lightweight, applies quickly and blends easily. You only need to use very little of it, so I'm not going to complain about the price because I can see this product going a very long way. It looks really orange, but once it's blended into the skin, it give the perfect amount of coverage and even a little bit of highlight. I've always set it, so I don't know how it holds up without setting powder, but for myself, it lasts all day (at least 10 hours). Not sure how waterproof it is but for the first 6 hours, it's fairly smudge proof, but I still wouldn't recommend you to constantly rub your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

I just got this in the mail.. so far so good! Bought on MUA advice.. I wear Chanel Perfection Lumiere 30 / Vitalumiere 25 and got the orange one. I will update this review in a few days.
Very liquid, excellent skinny pointy brush - color blends in nicely.
Update Nov 6: I still like this, but I have discovered Estee Lauder´s double wear concealer and now this just doesn't impress anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the best corrector I've tried. I've used Bobbi Brown and Erase Paste and Laura Mercier before, and they all shared the same problem: bad texture. They looked cakey, hard to apply because they were so thick so I'd be pulling under my eye trying to get everything in place, some of them dried to a powdery finish which does not look natural at all.

But on to this Armani corrector. It's like water, it's super pigmented and blends effortlessly. BTW I own shade #2 I think, the orange one. I've used it every day for the last several months. I can't imagine doing my makeup without it, it just looks odd. I have severe dark circles of purple blue color over my crazy pale skin. After I apply and blend this I do my foundation and then pat a tiny amount over the corrected areas and it tones my skin back to normal without the dark circles.

Anyway, Yes I will buy this again and again. It doesn't look like I've made a dent in the bottle so far and it's been 3 months of use.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by dowagerprincess17

HG! HG ! HG ! I bought this with the suggestion of a lovely lady from boards , I am not exaggerating - i am super grateful to her. The master corrector in #2 is a must have if you are looking to cover "brown" dark circles , acne scars.

Product details
Color : peachy-orange
Pigmentation : highly pigmented
finish : natural
shimmer ? : there are light reflecting particles in it, they aren't very obvious unless you look closer
photographs : natural
Application : Its a bit tricky, takes time to figure out the right amount that works for you. Very easy to over do , hence start slow and build up.ALso, it kind of dries fast, so blend faster with your fingers. Best applied with - fingers .

Dark Circles :
I have allergic shiners, hereditary dark circles and on top that I never used spf eye cream, so it kinda gave me brownish panda eyes. I had like most obvious panda eyes and I had people asking me if was okay since I looked stressful.

In my experince I have never used a corrector, I used to apply only concealer and obviously my undereye area ended up looking ashy. And believe me when I say, it photographed very awfully, (twice as bad on the photos) . Enter giorgio armani orange corrector - voila, I dint even need to double up with the concealer. I would dot little bit - little bit only, you wont need much, it takes time to get used to the amount you need to cover your dark circles.
I would dot around my eyes and blend with my finger. I would then apply translucent powder to set off and - my dark circles are concealed about 80-90%. I am happy with that. I don't ususally double with a concealer unless I am attending some wedding or important meeting.

Acne Scars : Love this one for my browinsh acne scars. Application is very tricky for acne scars. I love to use this under brighter sunlight because it is very easy to over do this. I use this after using my Bourjois foundation.

Cons :
the packaging is a little bit flimsy, it kind of leaks out if I dont put it in a upright container

I would definitely buy it again and again.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Spiderwort

after reading the few reviews on this, I finally went to purchase this. I am a student with hereditary under eye circles. I get a decent amount of coverage with a concealer but we can still see a bit of darkness passing through in the afternoon. I purchased this in Holt Renfrew (I live in Canada) and it retails around 43$. I bought the orange colored one. It looks really expensive in this small tube but you only use a little bit everytime and it'll last you for a long time. So it's worth it. It gives great correction. I have asian yellow undertone and brown-purple-ish dark circles. On good days, one coat of this is enough. On bad days (exam periods), two coat of this and a coat of concealer covers my dark circles and make me look as if I slept a good 10 hours of sleep (when I probably had about half of that). It stays on the whole day. And the best thing is : IT DOES NOT CREASE into my lines. I have these weird wrinkles/folds under my eyes (and i'm only 22) and it's super hard to find something that doesn't crease. (if any of you were wondering, the concealer i'm using is the Diorskin Sculpt lifting smoothing concealer: a great concealer that doesn't settle in wrinkles (if you don't use too much)). Also, this corrector is thin and liquidy and it stays flat under your concealer and does cake up. I absolutely recommend Giorgio Armani Master Corrector to anyone with dark circles that need an extra push with their concealor.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a review specifically for the 'orange' shade.
This is an ingenious product! It is essentially acts like a very pigmented, liquidy primer (as it doesn't crease, but a little goes a very long way). It comes in 4 shades; pink, yellow, green and orange. I have the orange one for my under eye dark circles. Doesn't crease, stays put all day, but covers my horrendous, genetic dark circles flawlessly. you only need a few tiny dots under your eyes. I blend it in with the beauty blender, as I do with practically everything these days. I'm an NC15, so this is far too dark for my skin (I would say it would suit a NC30-35 by MAC). So I have to go over it with another concealer that is my skin tone. My favorite ATM is MAC Pro Long wear concealer in NC15. Helps brighten the area fantastically, stays put all day and creases very minimally. I highly recommend using a brightening, or just a light colored concealer under your eyes on top of this corrector, as the corrector will CORRECT the darkness under your eyes, but not BRIGHTEN.
This stuff is very liquidy, which really helps it not crease and not look heavy or cakey.
I will continue to use and will 100% repurchase, maybe even also try the pink shade.
If you're looking for something to conceal your dark circles, and have tried everything but hated it cause it creases and looks cakey (story of my life), try this. Just make sure to have another light concealer on hand to go on top of this (recommend the mac pro long wear).
Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by sunnyraingene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS! I've been using this for more than 4 months and I'm left with about 20% of the product. I use this about 6 days every week and I reckon it will finish by the sixth month, just the right use-by period for a liquid concealer. Am using the orange shade (I have a yellowish skin tone) and my ring finger to gently pat in the product onto my crazy dark circles. The consistency is quite thin you'd think it won't do much, but it's so highly pigmented that a little goes a long way. It makes my skin in that area look dewy as well. I know this is not the most affordable concealer but hey, it does what it is supposed to do!

UPDATE: Was just given a tip on how to make this blend even better and had to share this on MUA! So you dab the concealor on your under eye, leave it, dab it on the other eye, come back to this eye and pat it in (it would have been semi dried by then), and voila, it takes just a few seconds to blend beautifully and cover the dark circles!