Juliette has a Gun Miss Charming

3.7

on 5/2/2010 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Cheap smelling and harsh for the first minute or two, this fragrance transforms into a very smooth, sweet and fruity rose. Charming, indeed. This is a lovely light-hearted take on rose, girlish, but not just for girls.
It is just a little too chipper for a FB in my book, but I like that I have a sample on-hand for when I'm feeling girlish. For a sweet, candy-like rose I prefer Parfumerie Generale's Brulure de Rose, with it's velvet coco in the dry down.

on 12/5/2009 11:03:00 AM

Inoffensive juicy, fruity rose. Pleasant enough (for cheery, summery types=), but I need my roses darker.

on 4/4/2009 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love Lady Vengeance and wear it regularly--despite its dark nature, it works well as a daytime fragrance for me. I was really excited to try Miss Charming, but unfortunately it's a real miss for me (pun most entirely intended). I get top notes of a fresh, citrusy rose; middle notes are still rosy, but with a heavy overlay of musk a la Lady Stetson--ugh. (I had a bitchy college roommate with an unfortunate addiction to Lady Stetson, and I spent most of my freshman year trying to escape the stuff; as a result, anything that reminds me of this fragrance makes me run for the nearest exit.) Bottom notes are a less musky, more powdery floral, with perhaps a hint of aldehyde. Pretty, but not all that exciting. I'll stick with Lady Vengeance and let those with more harmonious body chemistries (and fewer bad Lady Stetson flashbacks) enjoy this one.

on 12/8/2008 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am not a big fan of floral perfumes but I do love the smell of roses so I instantly fell in love with Miss Charming. The scent itself is very unique and people often ask me what I'm wearing when I have this baby on. Id recommend this to anyone.

on 8/17/2008 8:13:00 AM

Younger and lighter, brighter sister of Lady Vengeance.

This is a pretty fragrance, cheerful, lighthearted, playful, soft and easy to wear. Although variation of a rose scent (which I usually don't like) it is not too opulent rose, but modern, airy, softer, bright floral-fruity-musky fragrance (rose-strawberry-red fruits-lytchee-musk), maybe not extremely original, but still elegant and chic in a non-pretentious way. Fruity notes (strawberry & red fruits) are not too sweet, so I find it easy to wear and somehow refreshing - nice for spring and summer days. It has a light, creamy, very smooth musky base, absolutely comforting and non-cloying.
Nice and joyful fragrance IMO.

on 1/24/2008 9:58:00 PM

This is a gorgeous rose scent for those who don't like a dense red rose smell. Blended with the musk, and it presents as clean and bright. If I smelled this on someone, I would think, "Oh, what a friendly person." Just cheer all around, I love it. Definitely a daytime affair, as opposed to its more seductive sister, Lady Vengeance.

on 12/26/2007 2:26:00 PM

I must say, not a fan at all when it comes to perfumes that smell like roses, but I instantly liked this one. It's a delicate rose, much, much softer then Stella or any other rose perfume out there. There was no headache inducing factor to it and it was so soft. This is a really pretty fragrance and it lasts a long time, which is a plus because it isn't a cheap perfume. The perfume creator did a wonderful job creating this fragrance.

Even though I personally would not wear this because it's not for me, I'm sure all rose fans will go nuts for this one!

on 11/17/2007 5:58:00 PM

Yes, this is similar to Bryant Park and if you already have that, you don't need MC. But I think the one thing MC has going for it (besides the beautiful packaging) is the creamy, sensual musk base that BP lacks (that one is more peppery and ambery). MC definitely lacks any originality, and ultimately it's a scent commonly replicated by different fragrance houses, but let's say if I didn't own a fruity-musky rose already, I'd get this one first. That base is a lovely surprise. Notes: Moroccan rose, musk, wild fruits.

on 10/15/2007 8:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Fantastic packaging, imaginative concept, entertaining website. However, I'm giving this fragrance a lower rating for being a knock-off of Bond No. 9's Bryant Park. Miss Charming's notes are "Moroccan rose, musk, and airs of wild fruits" (according to the website). To my nose, it is a slightly denser interpretation of Bryant Park (lily of the valley, rhubarb, pink pepper, rose, patchouli, raspberry, amber), with the pink fruit notes turned "up" just a bit. I've done a "side by side" comparison, and I'm amazed by the similarity.

Popular Fragrances