Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 9/7/2012 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in shade 4 tender sun. First off, the packaging is lovely. It has the Givenchy symbol in a pretty pink on the top. I know it shouldnt matter, but I am a stickler for nice and pretty packaging, it makes the product more appealing to use.
It has 4 different chambers with different colors. With this shade I have, there are 3 variations of bronze ranging from light to darker and one pink. When mixed together on the face they produce a very pretty fresh sun color. Its totally true to the name of this shade " tender sun" , as it looks like you have been in the sun just that day and have that bronzey just ever so slightly pink tanned face.
I am queen of the bronzers. Having a medium complexion, using sunless tanners and tanning beds, I love to accentuate my tan with bronzers and I have tried almost every one on the market, seriously. My fave bronzers are still too faced, their bronzers work the best with my skintone and their aqua bunny waterproof bronzer is awesome! This runs a close second for me.
Now for my 2 oldest daughters who are in pageants and competitive dance, this is the best!!
The color is great for them. They have a lighter coloring then I do from my hubby, we do apply sunless tanner for pageants and dance, but they still arent as dark as I am. This bronzer accenuates and deepens their tans without being fake or unbelievable. The touch of pink actually makes their tans look more natural like they have been in the sun. I use this on their faces and shoulders, chest neck etc. They are children so naturally their skin is much more delicate than an adult would be, so that is always a concern with any product I apply to them. We have been using this consistantly for a good while now with no breakouts or rashes. Its also perfect for any type of performimg because it gives a slight mattifying effect that helps the longevity of makeup application and keep down " shiny face". That said, it does not in any way leave the face dull. It is very glowy, just not dewey. We will definately continue to purchase this product!

on 8/24/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in shade 3 - sweet caramel and whilst I find that upon application my skin is soft and has a nice finish to it, usually around 4-6 hrs later, it oxidises on my skin and leaves it looking muddy and oily. I normally use clinique's blended face powder and i will continue using that instead! Its such a shame cos givenchy's packaging and texture is lovely!

on 2/25/2012 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Expensice but has the same quality as its cheap counterpart and better too! >>> Ben nye neutral translucent powder

on 11/29/2011 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This makes my skin look FLAWLESS. Matt yet glowy - SMOOTH, AIRBRUSHED. Helps my makeup last. Doesn't really offer coverage, but it just makes the quality of your skin look amazing. Could wear this and concealer and look flawless. It makes my skin look smoothed out, it's not dewy glowy but definitely a matt glow, so I apply mostly to my T-Zone or all over when I want a more matt look! Would be a total HG if I liked an all over matt glow instead of the more dewy face :). But still AMAZING, AMAZING product.

on 11/26/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE 2: I have found that this works well with Bourjois foundations. Leaves the face luminous and if you use only a tiny bit, your skin will just look very healthy. Best applied with the sponge provided. Place the sponge over the holes the powder comes out of, turn it, use the lid to pat the powder around in (kinda "dust it up" in there, so it's well dispersed), pat the sponge around your face. Apply as much as needed. Note: it's winter now and a bit darker outside, which is why the sparkles don't bother me right now - they just don't show.
UPDATE: one thing I wanted to add: I have tried out other powders again and noticed one BIG ting: with most other powders my skin feels like it's suffocating, compared to this.
I don't like to say bad things about a product that so many people like, but I don't feel the same about it as most people here. I really wanted to love this, and gave it a whole 3-4 months, but unfortunately, this is not for me.
I first want to say that I don't think it's that crazily priced - it's a Givenchy product, and you get quite a lot of it for the price. If compared dollar/gram to many other products, this is not terribly expensive. The amount I used up in the time I used it suggests that I could've had one of this for about a year at least.
What I liked about it: it smells nice, it looks nice, it gives my skin a nice and fresh colour.
What I didn't like: from the reviews I thought this was going to be VERY finely milled - to me it isn't so. I'm used to - MAC's prep + prime, which REALLY is very finely milled, so this actually looked quite obvious on my skin compared to MAC's. I also have normal/dry skin, and I felt that this was drying it out - I don't like a completely matte finish, and this made my face look quite flat and dry. The last thing: I discovered that this has shimmers in it - it's one of my pet peeves with makeup! One time I had a portable mirror at hand, I took a look in it while being outside, and - I was sparkning....! Nooooo!
So now I'm left with two boxes of this powder standing on my vanity table looking pretty...
Update: this looks good on top of my Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation, which has a very shiny finish. If I use a sponge and press this on, then sweep away excess, it looks very good... but this still doesn't work very well with my other foundations... Still want to love this :'(

on 10/23/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this powder,it last for ages aswel,i have oily skin and this keeps me matte all day and the smell.oh my god the smell is so nice and after applying my skin feels so smooth,the packaging is also very pretty will defonately repurchase this when i eventualy run out,i bought this in Light Pastel and im NC15 wich is a realy good match for me :)

on 8/25/2011 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The best powder I've ever used. I have a really oily / shiny T zone, but dry cheeks, so powders are not always good, buy somehow necessary to mattify. Even when this product does not sell as a product for oily skin or any particular type of skin, it works wonders whet it comes to matiffying, without any chalky sensation or heaviness.
One of the most amazing thing of this is the color correction properties. I am a NC25 and I use No. 3 Sweet Caramel, so it gives me some color but in a translucent way that looks lovely and last almost 8 hours.

on 7/24/2011 8:11:00 AM

"Delicate Beige" looked very average on my pale skin. Made it almost look ruddy, or like a really bland inadequate blush used all over. It just did not work for me. Maybe I needed a different shade but ordered this shade, just guessing what might work without having the benefit of trying it on. I really need a yellow-based, more matt powder. Cost $84 + shipping in Australia. Thankfully I got refund for the product from Myer. For reference I use Lancome Color Ideal foundation in I-30(N) and Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent (use it with fluffy brush). I really thought this might be my HG but was disappointed.

on 6/8/2011 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I'm NC45/50 and I'm using the darkest shade "Tender Sun". This powder is just pure luxury. My skin feels like silk when I put this on! "Tender Sun" consists of 4 cubes of loose powder colours - 3 dark-ish shades of brown and 1 light peachy apricot. This powder is so finely milled and has shimmers that are barely visible but just impart a gorgeous 'glow' on the skin. I use this over Mac Studiofix Powder foundation just on my cheekbones, under eyes (it's great over concealer) and nose. I don't use it all over my face because it has a highlight effect and I don't exactly need my whole face to glow like a beacon. I can't say it's great for oil control though, but I do live in a very humid climate. I usually use a brush for loose powder, but with this, I like to use the puff it comes with. The powder is so fine and light it tends to settle everywhere - on lashes, brows, my make-up counter (LOL), but I find using just a tiny amount helps lessen the fly-aways. This powder can be layered for a less sheer finish. If I'm just running to the store I just put this on with a little eyeliner and tinted lipbalm and I look polished and natural.

This is the best powder I have ever used, and I have used a lot!! I have both the Delicate Beige and the Rose colors, and I love them both. I just wish they were easier to find here in the USA. If anyone knows an easy place to find them, let me know!!

Recommended for Normal Skin