E.L.F. Essential Eye Shadow Brush

Price: $

on 10/3/2014 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product is a basic, cheap staple and everyone needs something like this.
The bristles are animal hair and animal hair isn't always the softest. However, animal hair holds powder much better, providing more pigmentation and less fall-out.
At it's widest point, this is about the size of a dime or maybe a pinky or ring finger nail. The width is about that of the newer, thinner quarters. This is great for precision work, like on the orbital ridge, inner corner, or on a small amount of lid space. It's not the best for the hollows of the eye, but that's just the nature if this shape since it doesn't swipe well.
It's really flat, and thin. It is also dense for its small width, but it's not very fluffy at all. The one I got from my 99 cent store seems to be less fluffier than the ones available in sets, but I don't have any sets to compare with. I don't think it's great for super opaque color, since it takes some layering if you really want pan-color, but it does yield good pigmentation. Obviously, this is more of a "placing" brush, not a blending brush.
It's a bit scratchy at first and sheds a little bit, but the shedding stops after the first wash. I've never had any staining and its softened over time.
The worst part of the brush is the packaging. The silver letters fade very quickly, and the ferule comes off loose. Some super glue fixed this and its still very stable, months afterwards.
Everyone needs a brush like this, and this isn't the best of its kind but it is a very good and also affordable option.
If you're looking for higher quality natural hair, I recommend the brush duo by LA Colors that is only about $2 in dollar stores.

on 9/1/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

for $1 can't go wrong! its actually a great brush. it is wide so definitely more for packing on and shading

on 9/1/2014 10:01:00 AM

For $1 it works fairly well and did the job, The bristles are super soft and pick up a lot of eye shadow.

on 8/4/2014 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Serves its purpose well. Recommend to everyone.

on 8/3/2014 1:05:00 PM

Whats not to love, great eyeshadow brush with a great price.

I like this much more than than the Studio "C" brush. It has more flexibility.

on 8/2/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This little $1 brush is the stuff I tell ya. H E double hockey sticks, it's a dollar. I wasn't expecting much from this, but I ended up getting a brush I use everyday that's a workhorse. It picks up shadow like a magnet then deposits it on the lid evenly. I went back to target to pick up another to keep in rotation. I'm thinking I may need another, ya know just incase.... I like options. This eye shadow brush, and the blending brush work very well( picked up an extra blending brush) options... Remember too, there just a DOLLAR. Some other brushes from this line are a miss, like the face brush, that's total crap. The bronzing brush is so so, it does a decent job applying my highlight. Have two of those as well.
One negative I will say is that all three sets of brushes I have, are not the same the only huge difference Is in the bronzing brush, my first one compared to the second has half the bristles missing. So that's my barely there highlight , because the bristles are barely there. So just compare the brushes in store. But the eyeshadow and blending I love. Looks cheap feels cheap... you can't win em all.
Works,hasn't yet shed, soft , cleans easily, it's a dollar.

I love the look of this professional range of brushes! And the brush is really easy to work with. I have the complete set of eye brushes from e.l.f. and can't be more satisfied.

on 7/3/2014 9:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this brush after reading some good reviews on it. After shopping in one of elf's 50% off sales i thought why not buy a few extra things. When it arrived it looked really nice the hairs where really soft and it picked up a ton of eyeshadow. So i washed it and went to use it when i was doing my make up and the hairs just kept falling off to the point where they were everywhere! I've since washed it a couple of times and i'm still getting hairs falling out. If that didn't happen it would be a great brush at an amazing price. I wouldn't be buying it again as its just literally sat in my drawer.

on 6/16/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brushhhhhh. Applies shadows evenly and is good for blending too. I have so any of these

on 6/16/2014 1:21:00 AM

This brush worked perfectly... While it lasted. After about a month of maybe three times weekly use, the handle separated from the metal. Then the gummy stuff holding the hairs in started coming off and the brush started shedding. At first it was great! It picked up lots of product, applied evenly, and was very soft. The handle and the hairs were the only real problems.