E.L.F. Essential Eye Shadow Brush

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/8/2015 12:59:00 PM

I like this brush so much to apply eyeshadow on the lid! It's a bit big, but the size doesn't annoy me. And for the extremely low price of only 1 (or dollar if you don't live in Europe), you just can't expect the best quality. I would definitely repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I never would've purchased this brush had I not come across the reviews here accidentally. Since It's a buck, Why not try it out. This is actually quite impressive considering it's a dollar. I mean it doesn't do anything miraculous, Just does its job but for the price it does that job very well! It holds powdered eyeshadow without dropping it all before I can apply it & it doesn't lose bristles on my face which even my lancome brushes are guilty of. Very good for a dollar!!

on 2/28/2015 2:55:00 AM

I do not get the rave reviews on this. This was a disaster brush for me. Bristles fell out on first use, getting all over my cheeks, and a couple bristles even fell into my eyes.

To me I would rather invest in a better brush like from EcoTools or Real Techniques or even the $3 Elf brushes. The ferrel also came off the first time I washed it. Went into the garbage.

The Elf $1 FACE brushes might be okay in a pinch or for those really budget-minded or even young gals just starting to play with makeup, but I would not suggest these $1 eye brushes to anybody. JMO. The $3 eye brushes are not spectacular, but somewhat decent compared to these ones. I would use a q-tip or the cheapie eyeshadow applicators to apply eyeshadow before using these $1 brushes.

I just think when it comes to my eyes, I am not going to take chances. I will make the investment of a few more dollars and have a better and a softer brush.

on 2/28/2015 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The brush really does its job, especially considering it's just $1. It hold a great bit of powder and allows for easily application. It isn't the softest brush, but I don't think it's that rough either.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

great quality for the price you pay

on 11/19/2014 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst brush I've ever used. Cannot fathom the decent ratings its gotten, unless I genuinely got a dud.
Straight out of the package the bristles started falling. Getting all over my face, in my eyes. Rub it along my arm, lose a chunk of bristles.
Unusable.
For reference I got the white handled brush that costs $1 at Target.

on 11/7/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This brush is really cheap and it would have been great if it didn't prick my lids every time I use it. It hurts a bit so if I can help it I don't use it.

on 10/4/2014 3:27:00 AM

This has served me faithfully for 6 years now . I have a million brushes but I always return to this one . I heard they changed it ? Mine is an old one and still perfect after all these years

on 10/3/2014 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product is a basic, cheap staple and everyone needs something like this.
The bristles are animal hair and animal hair isn't always the softest. However, animal hair holds powder much better, providing more pigmentation and less fall-out.
At it's widest point, this is about the size of a dime or maybe a pinky or ring finger nail. The width is about that of the newer, thinner quarters. This is great for precision work, like on the orbital ridge, inner corner, or on a small amount of lid space. It's not the best for the hollows of the eye, but that's just the nature if this shape since it doesn't swipe well.
It's really flat, and thin. It is also dense for its small width, but it's not very fluffy at all. The one I got from my 99 cent store seems to be less fluffier than the ones available in sets, but I don't have any sets to compare with. I don't think it's great for super opaque color, since it takes some layering if you really want pan-color, but it does yield good pigmentation. Obviously, this is more of a "placing" brush, not a blending brush.
It's a bit scratchy at first and sheds a little bit, but the shedding stops after the first wash. I've never had any staining and its softened over time.
The worst part of the brush is the packaging. The silver letters fade very quickly, and the ferule comes off loose. Some super glue fixed this and its still very stable, months afterwards.
Everyone needs a brush like this, and this isn't the best of its kind but it is a very good and also affordable option.
If you're looking for higher quality natural hair, I recommend the brush duo by LA Colors that is only about $2 in dollar stores.

on 9/1/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

for $1 can't go wrong! its actually a great brush. it is wide so definitely more for packing on and shading

Popular Makeup Brushes