Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Espresso

4.5

on 4/3/2012 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not a huge fan of this. Its pigmented but not pigmented enough for me. Its a dark brown color more on the cool side and i like that. Stays on well im not gonna complain about it. If I use it on my water line my eyes get very irritated. its super expensive. It doesnt glide on as smoothly as i would like to do. Comes with a sharpener on the other end that doesnt work i always end up just wasting more product than sharpen the pencil. I m not gonna repurchase for sure .

on 3/18/2012 7:37:00 AM

I love the consistency of this eyeliner, i have recently been on a quest for pencil eyeliners that would not smudge or budget on my lower lashline/waterline, and i have tried Urban Decay, Chanel kohl, MAC kohls/powerpoint, Heavy Rotation, Clio, and a bunch of others that i can't recall offhand - so far i like this and Clio best.. it is creamy and does not hurt my eyelids on application - i took a lippie off as i wanted a dark dark brown but this is medium-ish brown on me, unless i layer it on.
however i like the soft look it gives me compared to black liners (yet to try ebene, which i also bought) and i use it when i am not applying much makeup on my skin. so far, my HG until i find something better. it does not smudge or budge on my super oil lower lids - the staying power is not that great, maybe 4-5hrs max but it is normal for me. no awful smudge-marks is very imp for me, so i wld repurchase but i want it in another color :)

on 2/1/2012 3:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I disagree reviews that this is blackbrown, I wish it was!, it`s chocolate brown. It just dark enough for my dark eyes. I almost always wear black eyeliners because they make my eyes look black. Anyways glides easy and really stays put. After 12h test no smudging or fading away on lower lashline. Much better than UD 24/7 liners. No glitter and easy to make a thin enough line. This colour was only one left in local store at sale and was 10EUR. Now that I know how good this is I might pay full price but in another colour. Update; it is dark chocolate brown:)

on 10/16/2011 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've used the bobbi brown gel eyeliner for about 8 years but for some reason the staying power isn't working...I tried the new Nars long lasting gel eyeliner...still smudged and smeared...Then I decided to try Chanel's waterproof pencil in espresso! I love it! As all the other reviews... it stayed on all day. I leave the house at 6:30 a.m. to get to work by 7:00. Stays on all day at work. If I do have to go out after work, I may just touch up a bit but that's it!

on 9/14/2011 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

When I bought this pencil, my opinion was very positive. However, several months later I must say I think differently. The pencil smudges like hell and once applied in the morning I always end up with panda eyes in the afternoon. I need to take a cotton bud soaked in make up remover and erase those brown inverted arches under my lower lashes. It also sets on fine lines. In addition, the pencil sharpener is rubbish. For such an expensive product, the overall quality is very drugstorelike.The Revlon Colorstay eyeliner pencil is far better than this one and less than half the price, so I won´t repurchase it again.

on 8/20/2011 9:28:00 PM

Just got this eyeliner today! I love the color so far since it looks a lot more natural then just plain black. I would have to say I like this eyeliner a lot more than lancome's le stylo waterproof eyeliner. Its was pretty waterproof when I swatched it on my hand. This eyeliner is lasting a lot longer on my waterline. We will see if this smears but so far 3 hours and no smudging.

on 6/30/2011 5:37:00 AM

I like to use this on my upper waterline (tightlining as well), it won't transfer and smudge even on my super oily eyelids. It is much more easy to apply compare to MUFE Aqua Eyes while the later has stronger waterproof-ness. I didn't sharpen it since it is so expensive so it is quite hard to line a sharp yet precise line by using this.

on 5/27/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do like Chanel stylo liners (I have them in Cassis, Ebene and Espresso) but I mostly use them on my water line (upper and lower) and they don't hold up all that well (on me! I tend to get lots of tears from the wind and we have lots of that in Holland). If I try to draw a line on my upper eye lid, I end up with dotty look - they are just too waxy. Though they are good if you are going to use them as a base for a bolder evening look or smudge the dotty line for a less dramatic look.
Not going to re-purchase. Though packaging is nice and it comes with a built-in sharpener.

on 2/17/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Beautiful semi-warm, very deep brown (espresso!) liner. Really easy to apply smoothly because of its lovely softness. (It's not dry or hard.) Even though it's really dark, I find I can get a really nice, natural look with this pencil if I take the time to draw a very thin line - just barely beyond the lashline. Gives a clean, classic look and it truly lasts all day long with no smudging. Worth the price.

on 10/18/2010 9:34:00 AM

Cannot recommend this eyeliner enough! Got it as substitute for my usual black eyeliner (Lancome Artliner) in order to achieve a more subtle (i.e. less harsh and, ultimately, warmer) look. And, serves this purpose perfectly.

Glides on effortlessly too. Happy.