October 21, 2014 | 1603 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Stylo Yeux Waterproof Espresso

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I disagree reviews that this is blackbrown, I wish it was!, it`s chocolate brown. It just dark enough for my dark eyes. I almost always wear black eyeliners because they make my eyes look black. Anyways glides easy and really stays put. After 12h test no smudging or fading away on lower lashline. Much better than UD 24/7 liners. No glitter and easy to make a thin enough line. This colour was only one left in local store at sale and was 10EUR. Now that I know how good this is I might pay full price but in another colour. Update; it is dark chocolate brown:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by jtomas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used the bobbi brown gel eyeliner for about 8 years but for some reason the staying power isn't working...I tried the new Nars long lasting gel eyeliner...still smudged and smeared...Then I decided to try Chanel's waterproof pencil in espresso! I love it! As all the other reviews... it stayed on all day. I leave the house at 6:30 a.m. to get to work by 7:00. Stays on all day at work. If I do have to go out after work, I may just touch up a bit but that's it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

When I bought this pencil, my opinion was very positive. However, several months later I must say I think differently. The pencil smudges like hell and once applied in the morning I always end up with panda eyes in the afternoon. I need to take a cotton bud soaked in make up remover and erase those brown inverted arches under my lower lashes. It also sets on fine lines. In addition, the pencil sharpener is rubbish. For such an expensive product, the overall quality is very drugstorelike.The Revlon Colorstay eyeliner pencil is far better than this one and less than half the price, so I won´t repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ShyGSTGurl

Just got this eyeliner today! I love the color so far since it looks a lot more natural then just plain black. I would have to say I like this eyeliner a lot more than lancome's le stylo waterproof eyeliner. Its was pretty waterproof when I swatched it on my hand. This eyeliner is lasting a lot longer on my waterline. We will see if this smears but so far 3 hours and no smudging.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

I like to use this on my upper waterline (tightlining as well), it won't transfer and smudge even on my super oily eyelids. It is much more easy to apply compare to MUFE Aqua Eyes while the later has stronger waterproof-ness. I didn't sharpen it since it is so expensive so it is quite hard to line a sharp yet precise line by using this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I do like Chanel stylo liners (I have them in Cassis, Ebene and Espresso) but I mostly use them on my water line (upper and lower) and they don't hold up all that well (on me! I tend to get lots of tears from the wind and we have lots of that in Holland). If I try to draw a line on my upper eye lid, I end up with dotty look - they are just too waxy. Though they are good if you are going to use them as a base for a bolder evening look or smudge the dotty line for a less dramatic look.
Not going to re-purchase. Though packaging is nice and it comes with a built-in sharpener.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful semi-warm, very deep brown (espresso!) liner. Really easy to apply smoothly because of its lovely softness. (It's not dry or hard.) Even though it's really dark, I find I can get a really nice, natural look with this pencil if I take the time to draw a very thin line - just barely beyond the lashline. Gives a clean, classic look and it truly lasts all day long with no smudging. Worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cannot recommend this eyeliner enough! Got it as substitute for my usual black eyeliner (Lancome Artliner) in order to achieve a more subtle (i.e. less harsh and, ultimately, warmer) look. And, serves this purpose perfectly.

Glides on effortlessly too. Happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by grasshopper1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this. Yes, it's expensive, but when I look at the shoebox full of drugstore eyeliners I've purchased over the years-- every one of which I ended up tossing in there, un-used -- it actually makes more sense to me to spend good money on a good product. I will definitely repurchase. The espresso color is definitely a black-brown, so if you're unsure whether to get this or the black, I'd say you don't need to worry that this will look too light. For me, it gives me the same look I'd get from my standard black eyeliner but without looking so harsh. Perfect! Most importantly, I bought this because I was having terrible issues with smudging and smearing by the end of the day with all other eyeliners (due to oily lids) and this WORKS. No, I don't look picture-perfect at the end of the day, but I can honestly say there are no dark smudges under my eyes. I'm a drugstore girl at heart, but I think I've just turned Chanel!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by reporter1911

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A really nice, very rich, dark brown. Simple and elegant. I have dark brown eyes, and some browns can look just kinda blah on me. This almost looks black, but adds a warmth that black never could.

I used to think that brown eyes shouldn't wear brown makeup. But I read an interview with Cindy Crawford who said brown can really bring out the warmth and richness of dark eyes and now I'm a total convert.

It's my go-to eyeliner every day, worn with Maybelline Great lash in dark brown. Also I love it with YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils in Burgundy.

The only con is its ridiculously expensive.