Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

4.5

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

on 6/26/2010 2:54:00 AM

This was almost a winner. I love that it's more natural -- no thanks to cancer etc. The smell is lovely.. but there's something about it that's off. Too sweet, I don't know, but it wasn't a scent I'd make my signature scent. The thing that got to me most is you can barely smell it after you first spray it on. Even I could only smell it while I was sniffing my wrists.

on 2/6/2010 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this. However, my husband (who loves the smell of vanilla) isn't crazy about this for some reason, so that limits my wearing it to when he is not around. When I first put this on, the grapefruit scent is overwhelming, but it dries down to a yummy, creamy, unique vanilla. The spray version of this does not smell as good to me for some reason.

on 1/18/2010 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this fragrance! It's so delicious without being very gourmand. It opens with a crisp grapefruit scent that lasts maybe half an hour, and then dries down to a very nice, smooth vanilla. The vanilla has very good staying power on me, although I wish the grapefruit lasted a bit longer! I like to apply this on one wrist in the morning, and then halfway through the day or so apply on the other wrist for a little pick-me-up as the cirtusy top note is so refreshing! It's such a unique fragrance and a definite repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this scent. It is one of my new favorites. It's perfect for winter since it's a warmer, smoother scent. At first, when I sniffed the bottle, I thought there was too much grapefruit but when I put it on my skin the vanilla definitely came through. It's not overly citrus-y and not too marshmallow sweet either. I will likely purchase a larger version later.

on 10/12/2009 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I own the rollerball in both this and the vanilla coconut scent. I love them both (and enjoy layering them together) but this is more my favorite of the two. It seems a bit more complex. I would wear this one more in the cooler months than I would the coconut, but to each their own. I'm just a vanilla fan - and I love it even more paired with fruity (or other) notes:)

on 9/7/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased 10 mL/0.32 oz LAVANILA Laboratories Vanilla Grapefruit roller ball at Sephora for $22 CAD. While debating whether to purchase this or DKNY's Be Delicious I decided to go with LAVANILA because my boyfriend pointed out that the fragrance was more unique. Another fragrance in the running was Clinique's Happy Duo; however, I figured the lip gloss was a waste of money.

PRODUCT INFORMATION: The healthy fragrance, natural with anti-oxidants. NO: Perochemicals, Phthalates, Propylene glycol, Mineral oils, Silicone, Synthetic dyes, Sulfates, or Parabens. 100% Recyclable. Not tested on animals. CAUTION: Flammable. Keep away from heat. [link] continued >>

on 6/2/2009 1:04:00 AM

This is a great fragrance for what it is - an inexpensive vanilla, a bit unique. Opens with a hit of grapefruit (that's the unique part), and dries down within 20 minutes or so to a solid vanilla. It's not a heavy, boozy vanilla but a light, straight vanilla. No musk, no wood, no floral. There's a slight citrus edge from the grapefruit but it's not pronounced at all after the opening; it just adds an interesting dimension to the vanilla. Nice combo, it's a "summer vanilla," yay. Lasting power is okay, 3-4 hrs. I like rollerballs in general but this fragrance is so light I might prefer a spray.

on 5/8/2009 9:22:00 AM

Mmmm... nice, natural scent! I hope the roller ball also comes out for the lavender one!

on 5/7/2009 12:04:00 PM

Very fresh scent. Love the fact that it's natural. Prefer the rollerball applicator to the spray. Lasts a long time and even though I don't always smell it on myself, I have received many compliments on this fragrance especially from men. Initially can seem overwhelming but dries down to a nice warm,citrusy scent which I love.

This perfume is great! I usually have a hard time finding a perfume that I a) like, b) can wear everyday, c) doesn't give me a headache. So far I'm doing pretty well with this one. Usually I find vanilla to be a little sweet for my liking, but this perfume is a great combo of citrus and sweet so it balances out. It does seem to last a pretty long time, too. I love the rollerball, and the small bottle allows me to keep it in my purse for whenever I need a touch-up. I will definitely repurchase, and I will probably buy a large bottle as well.

Popular Fragrances