April 20, 2014 | 1520 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Brush Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by huongttlan

It's my first brush shampoo that I've ever bought lol... And overall, I love it... The smell is great and it perfectly cleans all of my brushes.. At first I thought it's kinda expensive for just cleansing the brush ( I know, I'm stingy lol) but to my surprise, I only need a very little amount of it to clean my brushes. So overall, 5 stars...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by atsui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product because I had a store credit at Sephora I wanted to cash in. It was $12 CDN. I bought the last one on the display, and the next week there was no longer a space dedicated to it at Sephora - all that was left were the Antibacterial brush cleaner sprays. This one is the shampoo, and I purposefully wanted only a shampoo, not something that claimed to be antibacterial. (Anitmicrobial ingredients like triclosan are really not useful for your household unless you are a caregiver for someone who is immunocompromised). I can't believe I've gone a decade without purchasing a brush shampoo! I'm afraid I don't have any other brush cleaner to compare it to other than salon hair shampoo that I would usually use to clean my makeup brushes. All I can say is that you don't need much product and the result is awesome: all the makeup (cream concealers, mineral powders, black and glittery eyeshadows) came out very quickly and easily from all my brushes, including the toughest ones: the blush and kabuki brushes. Hair shampoo was so hard to wash out of the brushes; lather would come out of the bristles even after several minutes of rinsing. This brush shampoo doesn't do that so it's taken the chore out of washing my brushes. I'll repurchase this as long as they have it available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gets ALL the remnants of makeup out of my brushes. You just put a bit in your palm, wet the brush, and rub the shampoo in in the palm of your hand and Voila! clean brushes. Seems gentle enough and im happy with the results

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by lbgreeley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this product to wash my clarisonic brush and extraction tool. It smells nice, foams nicely, rinses easily. It's anti-bacterial and comes in a convenient spray bottle. A couple of squirts is enough to clean my brush and tool. This little bottle will last a very long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I bought this product by accident - I had wanted to purchase the antibacterial daily spritzer, but got the shampoo instead.

Basically you put a pump of this on your brush, rub it in, then rinse off.

i see no benefit to using this over a baby shampoo (which is what I normally use to wash my makeup brushes).

It seems some of the other reviews might be for the daily antibacerial spritzer - this is the product I am reviewing: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P208013&categoryId=S4905&shouldPaginate=true

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this by accident. The tiny bottle attracts me for fast brush cleaning in between my make up routine. I use my blush brush for multiple diff applications (blusher, makeup base, MAC mineralize, bronzer), so a clean brush is a must to get a good result. I normally just wash my brush once a week in Johnson baby shampoo. I still do tho. This spray is great for travelling and easy fun to use. It has a little flowery fragrance. At first, it kinds bothers me. But, I get used to it now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

This product is great!! I have the liquid pump version and this leaves my mineral foundation powder brush clean and it dries off soft!! Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by USCfashionista

I like this spray because its great for as a quick brush cleanser. I spray this after doing my makeup to clean my brushes. It's very gentle and great for an everyday brush cleaning. I also do a deep cleansing with baby shampoo once a week though. I think it also works as a mixing medium, for turning eyeshadow into liners. However I wouldn't recommend using this for cleaning between eye shadows because it won't dry fast enough and leaves a streak on your lids! (Believe me, I tried it!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by devilangel

Goods:
-does a good job getting the dirt out
-very very cheap compared to other brands

Bads:
-I don't understand why it comes as a spray cuz if I aim & spray at the brush head, only 60% of the liquid gets on the brush and all the other goes down the drain...

Conclusion:
-does what its suppose do, good price, this is worth to buy! (just make sure you open the bottle and not use the spray if you don't want to waste the product)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

It takes a little bit of time, and can leave your brushes hard if you don't rinse well, but enough water and care should be fine. My brushes, even my smudge pot brush comes clean, and I really like the smell. The price isn't so bad, but the package can be better. I'd like something I can see into so I know how much is left, rather than guessing by weight.