December 18, 2014 | 1831 users online

Pressed Powders - Bourjois - Compact powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 5:10:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not excelent choice for combination skin... It will break your skin, colour is uneven and darker in T-zone (probably because of excess oil). Mattifying power - ok for some 2 hours. Reaplying during the day? Only if you wash it away and put it all over again... Not bying anymore

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by dinkimoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder works really well on me. I tend to break out in spots wth other powders straight after I use them but this one works fine. It reduces shine instantly, but I find I need to reapply every few hours. The packaging is nice but fragile - I dropped mine and it's broken in two. Nice big mirror and it has a lovely honey smell, just like the name of the shade (I have it in miel dore)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by onigiripie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice powder, it makes your skin feel softer and it blends really well. The case is really pretty, although the store i bought it from put tape around the sides and even though i have removed all the tape its left abit of marks :( This does tend to make the dry areas of my face more obvious. It is a nice powder but i dont think ill be buying it again because of that.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Passive

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

(Click Continue for the formatted review)
I have a medium skintone, tan rather easily (NC35/40-ish) slightly oily.

Packaging: I like it, it's in a convenient size, has a mirror inside the top lid. Flips open and has a sponge inside. The packaging is black with pink swirly flower thingies on it. Cute.

Color selection: Has only about four shades, although my store only carries about three. I have the second lightest shade.

Coverage: Not very opaque, although if you have near-perfect skin already, it might be enough for you. However, it tends to go on uneven, sometimes even when I put it on in the morning with my MAC 187 brush. When I touch up during the day, I usually end up with a slightly blotchy face.

Oil control: I have slightly oily skin and it doesn't do much for oil control. I apply it around 6.30 and have to touch up every couple of hours. It also tends to oxidize, so my skin has a slightly orange tint to it. However, if you're tanned, it's not that visible.

Smell: A couple of reviewers have mentioned the smell as a disturbing factor. I have to say, I quite like the faint rose scent. It adds a certain sense of "old glamour". It disappears pretty quickly, so your face won't smell of roses all day long. So I guess you just have to smell it and decide for yourself if you can put up with it or not.

Lasting: I bought the compact about six months ago and I have over half of it left.

Price: It's very cheap, when compared to high end products. I can't tell you the exact price because I bought it a long time ago and every cosmetic product in my country is overpriced.

I clicked 'No' in the 'Would you buy this product again?' section, simply because the oil control just doesn't do for me and I want to experiment with different powders. However, if this powder works for you, I think it's a great find, especially when considering the price. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 6:49:00 AM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate being the bad reviewer :(
Anyway, the lightest shade still wasn't light enough for me, and this stuff oxidised within minutes of application. I've applied it with the lightest touch and the biggest, fluffiest brush, picking up as little of the powder as possible, and I still look like an Oompa Loompa.
This stuff is great at keeping shine at bay, so if it doesn't turn you orange it's a good budget buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by xLilyx

One of the best powders I've tried. Goes on nice and evenly and stops shine for a long time, I only have to touch up once a day. Has a weird smell to it though and only comes in 4 shades. Nice girly packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 2:43:00 PM More reviews by sandpinkshimmer

Excellent, finely milled powder with no detectable scent. I use the #71 over Colorstay Active Light foundation in Sand Beige and my face looks flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 8:26:00 AM More reviews by jazavac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

It mattifies and evens out skin tone and it gives a natural mat finish. Beautifully packaged!