July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Positively Ageless Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

EDIT: After using this every night for several weeks, I've actually noticed that my face is developing an uneven skin tone and the elasticity of my skin is compromised! Back to the drawing board. Plus, it makes me itch. :( Can't recommend this one.

Since entering my 30s, I've found I needed more moisture for my face. I have extremely sensitive skin, and new products are always a calculated risk for me, but I thought I'd try this one anyway.

The cream feels great going on, thick, but absorbs quickly. I have noticed immediate (within the first week) improvement in texture and moisture for my skin, and since using it for a month, fine lines are getting decidedly smaller. My jawline seems better defined as well.

I did see that the first few times I used it, my skin seemed *slightly* irritated, but nothing really noticable. I don't have these affects anymore, so I'm thinking I'm probably in the clear as far as that goes. Something to note, though.

I could do with less of a scent - but it's not the worst thing ever. Just somewhat distracting!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by perfectlygina

I thought I'd buy this to see what all the positively ageless hype was about. Honestly it does a good job moisturizing, and took care of my dry patches in 2 nights, however, was it the shiitake mushroom complex that did that, No. It was the Shea butter! And as much as I like the moisturizer, this is NOT good for sensitive skin. It stung my skin and made the redness worse. There is so much fragrance in it that I stopped using it after a week!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by itsallgeometry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using Aveeno face wash for forever and it's great, and so when I was looking for a nighttime product, I picked this one up on a whim. Was hoping for something that would moisturize and soften my dry skin as I slept ... and maybe even, over time, minimize my pores. So I used it nightly for over a month and never noticed any real difference. But sure, I was thinking, I guess it is better than using nothing at all.

I started noticing some severe dryness around my mouth ... my upper lip started peeling. So I changed lip balms, thinking that could be the problem (even though I have been using the same kind of lip balm for a long time). Nope. The dryness went away the day after I stopped using this night cream.

Disappointed in Aveeno. Still stand by their Skin Brightening Daily Scrub, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by La6itana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I had read the posts here before putting this product all over my face. After the third night it DESTROYED my skin. Since pictures speak lowder than any words can, I have uploaded pictures of my face before and after using this product.
Seriously, I don't know if it would do this to EVERYONE, but why risk it. I sure wouldn't have had I known then what I know now.
Note: The review FORCED me to rate it 1-5, if 0 or negative numbers were an option you all would know where I would go. . . -5

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by hellokt1281

This product made my pores very visible after my 3rd night of use. I've never had big pores before. I used this night cream along with the positvely ageless day moisturizer with SPF15. I dont know if its the day moisturizer that made my pores huge or this night cream but I used them together and it made me look like i have goosebumps all over my face! Didn't like it. Returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Tanyaboy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 2nd jar of this cream, I love it! When just started to use it, few red pilling spots appeared on my face. I did not stop using it, and 4 -5 days later spots dissapeared, skin became smooth, silky, I keep touching it, feels so nice! In the beginning of using cream I felt a little burning, but a week later it stopped. Love the smell. Definately will buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by hamsley72

This stuff is crap. I hate the smell and it made my face hurt. I used it for a few nights and it broke me out. I think it sucks and is over priced crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by G00sey29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my goodness! I am 30 years old and I typically have flawless skin. Never a bump or pimple, never too dry or oily. Well, Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream sure changed that! I have used this product for 3 nights and now my skin is raw, peeling, and feels like I have a searing sunburn. I have red bumps everwhere and my face hurts! This is so unlike any other Aveeno product I have ever used. What a disappointment!

If your skin is at all sensitive, I urge you to think twice about using this product. At a minimum, test it in a small area for a few days first. Trust me, you don't want it to do to you what it has done to me--all over.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lseungheel

I was a little hesitant to purchase this because of the price, but I had to make up my mind quick. For being an Aveeno product, I thought it would be a LITTLE cheaper. This cream was pretty consistent for me. I'm reaching the last bit of the jar and I'm tempted to purchase another, but I want to try out different products as sticking with one for a long time isn't ideal for your skin.

This cream isn't thick and it is easy to apply. No need for excess rubbing and it soaks in nicely. Has a nice fragrant smell to it also.

I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just finished my PX night moisturizer and I cannot afford to purchase another one. I use Aveeno products and thought I would try their night cream. It's not bad, and so far no breakouts (which is my main concern). It leaves my skin very soft ~ without the greasy feeling that some night time creams give you in the morning.

I purchased this product at Ulta for 20% off and another 20% off the total. So, I cannot beat the price. I will purchase this product again because I am on a budget...