E.L.F. Eyeliner Brush

Price: $

on 1/13/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

There are two versions of this brush being sold, as I recently found out. So if you've bought this brush in the past and have been disappointed by it, look for it again - it's a much better product now. I've given the brush three lippies in order to average between the two lippies I gave the original, and the five lippies I gave the newer brush.

The first E.L.F. eyeliner brush I bought was just as most of the rest of the reviewers here stated: way too dense for an eyeliner brush. It's impossible to use with gel or cream liner; the only use I've gotten out of it, period, is as a concealer brush. And it's so-so at that. So I'd give that brush two lippies.

However, while at Kmart a few weeks ago, I found this brush again. Looking at it, it was obvious that although it was in the same package, with the same name as the other brush, it's an actual eyeliner brush. And it's great! The bristles are not too dense, and they are soft yet sturdy. I've used it with both cream/gel liner, and with wet/dry powder, and it works really well for both. I'd definitely give this brush five lippies.

on 1/3/2012 2:27:00 AM

I purchased this with the "e.l.f. Essential Professional Complete Set of 12 Brushes" This was the worst brush in the lot. It made me sad because it was my first eyeliner brush. It bristled in all the wrong ways and made everything I did clumpy and a giant mess. It took me awhile to realize I wasn't terrible at eyeliner, but it was this brush.
Do. Not. Purchase.

on 12/15/2011 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I wanted to like this brush, I really did. I saw it on the e.l.f website and I picked it up and I wish I didn't. This is my second time applying it on and the bristles are too thick. My eyeliner comes out really thick and I feel as if I don't have control with this brush. I can't make skinny lines and it's really soft. Ridiculously soft on my eyeline which doesn't help with the eyeliner.
Bottom line, it's great for other uses like eyebrows and concealer but for something to be called an eyeliner brush, I would expect it to able to hold up to it's namesake.

on 10/13/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this to clean up my nail polish because the Concealer Brush was out of stock. I think it works great! My nails are small so I felt it was a bit too big at first, but now I've gotten used to it and it cleans up perfectly!

on 9/23/2011 12:11:00 AM

I love this brush, it works very well for when I want a smudged or softer eyeliner look, it also works great under my eyes.

on 6/14/2011 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Disapointed,the brush si waayyyyyy to thick to lines the eyes accurately. It was cheap so i guess you get what you pay for.Will try and find other uses.The packaging and delivery was great though.

I bought two of these today, one for eyebrows, and the other for smudging eye pencil. The brushes performed each task perfectly. I didn't find the bristles to be too stiff at all. Time will tell if I continue to like them, but for $1, I'm pleased already.

on 5/17/2011 7:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Too stiff and scatchy for using as eye liner brush, but good for eyebrows.

on 5/16/2011 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Erh! Save yourself and don't waste your time, effort & money on this brush. It's too thick & stiff to line your eyes or make use of it for other applications like concealing etc. Awful awful awful.

on 5/14/2011 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

At first when I bought this I wasn't so sure how to use it. Apparently it is a push brush, so you aren't supposed to glide it along your lash line. That is why it is so stiff. Once I had learned this I already threw mine away. A down side to this is that it can fray. I currently have a similar brush that is a little smaller from Laura Mercier that I love, which I use to tightline. If you want to try this one out, I would say, go for it, because it is so cheep, only being $1. I would not repurchase just because I have another brush that I like more.