Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the most wearable shade of red I have ever owned. I have worn this off and on for the last 16-17 years. I was always looking for a cheaper dupe, and only ended up wasting money on reds that were too bright, too warm, too pink, etc., and always went back to Angel Red.

This is a blue-based muted red that seems to flatter both warm and cool skin tones. The secret is most likely in the formula; Different lipsticks tend to be more on the sheerer side, but they are also buildable for more depth. This color is both soft and deep, so you can apply lightly to get a soft red lip or apply heavily for a richer, bolder red.

This color doesn't bleed--even without lip liner--or leave you looking clownish as it fades. As many of the other reviewers have mentioned, this is a great "first red" for those who are not red lipstick wearers. Angel Red is not only a great holiday red, it's a perfect everyday red.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm Indian so I have brown skin and I find it hard to wear a red lipstick that actually suits my skin. This lipstick goes so well with my skin tone though. I wear it very sheer, I just dab it on my lips instead of actually spreading it around. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic everyday lipstick for people who are shy about wearing red. I have very full lips and I don't like to wear traditional reds- they make me look very clownish, especially in the winter when my skin is very pale.
Angel Red is very light feeling and moist with no weird smells or tastes, which is a big problem for me when it comes to lip products. It has a beautiful color which is light but not totally sheer, and leans blue-red. If you are more comfortable wearing lip gloss but want to try a lipstick, this is a good product to try.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Do not overthink this- just get it. You will love it. It looks good on all complexions, and if you never wear red normally (like me) you will feel a secret thrill every time you swipe it on and know you will never look like a clown. I never buy non-drugstore lipsticks normally but this is worth every penny.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

good not-too-loud red for work. Not particularly lasting, but not at all drying to my lips.

Holy Grail lipstick for about 7 years now. Clinique describes this as a "blackened" red, which is an odd way to describe this shade. I'm NC40 and this is perfect for me, year round. It's a soft, semi-matte red that wears off evenly (I use a lip conditioner first!) to a sheer soft pink. It's just lovely to wear, comfortable and does not dry out my lips. I go through tubes and tubes of it.

great "everyday"/"daytime" red lipstick. once the color fades it leaves a really nice rosy tint to your lips. definitely recommended to those who are tip-toeing into red! goes on like a lip balm and is super moisturizing while still being light as air!

A wonderful sheer red. I was looking for something natural, not in-your-face red, and this is it. As natural as a red can be, and moisturizing. Clinique lipsticks never fail.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous, blue-red/raspberry red lipstick that is lightweight and feels nice on. This can be applies sheer for a gorgeous "bitten" look or appied for heavily for a dramatic red carpet look. I'm a PPP, neutral/cool with dark brunette hair and green eyes with pigmented lips and this is great on me. It wears nicely and leaves a bit of a lip stain type of look. I reach for this all the time and highly recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love red lipsticks but most of them turn fuchsia on my already fairly pink pigmented lips. Unfortunately so does Clinique Angel Red. It's a blue-based red lipstick but it turns bright fuchsia on me. I do like the texture and finish of Clinique lipsticks and Clinique makes some outstanding MLBB colours but Angel Red is not the red shade I'm looking for. Too bad. Otherwise it would be a nice wearable red lippie.

Recommended for Medium Skin