October 22, 2014 | 1847 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Angel Red

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love red lipsticks but most of them turn fuchsia on my already fairly pink pigmented lips. Unfortunately so does Clinique Angel Red. It's a blue-based red lipstick but it turns bright fuchsia on me. I do like the texture and finish of Clinique lipsticks and Clinique makes some outstanding MLBB colours but Angel Red is not the red shade I'm looking for. Too bad. Otherwise it would be a nice wearable red lippie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Angel Red is my go-to red lipstick and on me it is a nice neutral colour. I can wear it during the day without looking garish. Lasting power is okay but am not bothered by it. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by texalina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite red - although I don't do red much. I apply it and then blot my lips to get a stained look, and sometimes apply a sheer gloss over it.

Too much of a red lip on me makes me look like a French whore. Not that that's all bad all the time.:) But not for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by kiune

I love this red. It is my HG neutral red. (asian with pale olive/yellow toned skin).
But I have beef with the clinique lipstick packaging. While really pretty to look at, it's too heavy! I actually prefer their cheapo apple green freebie packaging bc it's lighter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

As a cool toned PPP with newly silvering hair, I was hoping to pull this one off. I have been searching for a nice beginner red, not too dramatic, and thought this one might be the one after many recommendations. Unfortunately, it just didn't work - and just made me feel matronly. Even though this is touted to be moisturizing, it felt very dry on my lips. Guess I will stick with my trusted berries for the time being.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mrsdarcy001

Angel Red is my HG red lipstick. It looks very beautiful on me and really works with my coloring (NC20). It is not a very dramatic red like my MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red, but it is very elegant. I tend to pick this when I am dressing up for a nice dinner or to go to the ballet or the theater. It works well with my LBD.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sasparilla70

My favorite red lipstick. Unscented, moisturizes, and is a really nice cool red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my one of my fave lipsticks ever. It especially looks great on women with dark hair and fair skin. I always get so many compliments when I wear this. It has slight violet/blue undertones, which could turn off some people, but it compliments my winter complexion. I am told I look better in this color than my true red lipsticks. This lipstick is perfect for fair-skinned ladies, however it compliments a whole range of skin tones. When applied lightly for an everyday look, it really just looks lovely!! This is exactly what I wanted countless lipsticks to be (including MAC Dubonnet), a sheer bitten deep red that is gorgeous!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

This is my HG red lipstick! After seeing it in like Teen magazine years ago I went to try it because I was looking for a red lipstick that didn't turn hot pink on me as most red lippies do. 8 years later and I've never looked back! This is a true blue-red lippie. I'm a PPP, strawberry-blond, brown eyes with cool undertones. I love wearing this with a light gold or champagne eye and liquid liner. So classic! The staying power on this is not great, but it stains my lips nicely enough, so I don't really mind. If you're looking for a perfect blue-red lippie, look no further than your local Clinique counter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Angel Red is a lovely red lipstick...its blue red and has some shine to it....very nice for me...