Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 6/22/2010 3:50:00 PM

great "everyday"/"daytime" red lipstick. once the color fades it leaves a really nice rosy tint to your lips. definitely recommended to those who are tip-toeing into red! goes on like a lip balm and is super moisturizing while still being light as air!

on 3/15/2010 10:57:00 PM

A wonderful sheer red. I was looking for something natural, not in-your-face red, and this is it. As natural as a red can be, and moisturizing. Clinique lipsticks never fail.

on 8/12/2009 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous, blue-red/raspberry red lipstick that is lightweight and feels nice on. This can be applies sheer for a gorgeous "bitten" look or appied for heavily for a dramatic red carpet look. I'm a PPP, neutral/cool with dark brunette hair and green eyes with pigmented lips and this is great on me. It wears nicely and leaves a bit of a lip stain type of look. I reach for this all the time and highly recommend it.

on 7/8/2009 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love red lipsticks but most of them turn fuchsia on my already fairly pink pigmented lips. Unfortunately so does Clinique Angel Red. It's a blue-based red lipstick but it turns bright fuchsia on me. I do like the texture and finish of Clinique lipsticks and Clinique makes some outstanding MLBB colours but Angel Red is not the red shade I'm looking for. Too bad. Otherwise it would be a nice wearable red lippie.

on 7/4/2009 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Angel Red is my go-to red lipstick and on me it is a nice neutral colour. I can wear it during the day without looking garish. Lasting power is okay but am not bothered by it. Will repurchase.

on 6/20/2009 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite red - although I don't do red much. I apply it and then blot my lips to get a stained look, and sometimes apply a sheer gloss over it.

Too much of a red lip on me makes me look like a French whore. Not that that's all bad all the time.:) But not for everyday wear.

on 6/1/2009 11:07:00 AM

I love this red. It is my HG neutral red. (asian with pale olive/yellow toned skin).
But I have beef with the clinique lipstick packaging. While really pretty to look at, it's too heavy! I actually prefer their cheapo apple green freebie packaging bc it's lighter.

on 5/20/2009 9:43:00 AM

As a cool toned PPP with newly silvering hair, I was hoping to pull this one off. I have been searching for a nice beginner red, not too dramatic, and thought this one might be the one after many recommendations. Unfortunately, it just didn't work - and just made me feel matronly. Even though this is touted to be moisturizing, it felt very dry on my lips. Guess I will stick with my trusted berries for the time being.

on 5/17/2009 12:47:00 PM

Angel Red is my HG red lipstick. It looks very beautiful on me and really works with my coloring (NC20). It is not a very dramatic red like my MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red, but it is very elegant. I tend to pick this when I am dressing up for a nice dinner or to go to the ballet or the theater. It works well with my LBD.

on 4/16/2009 3:48:00 PM

My favorite red lipstick. Unscented, moisturizes, and is a really nice cool red.

Recommended for Medium Skin