August 28, 2014 | 959 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Angel Red

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Angel Red is my go-to red lipstick and on me it is a nice neutral colour. I can wear it during the day without looking garish. Lasting power is okay but am not bothered by it. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by texalina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite red - although I don't do red much. I apply it and then blot my lips to get a stained look, and sometimes apply a sheer gloss over it.

Too much of a red lip on me makes me look like a French whore. Not that that's all bad all the time.:) But not for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by kiune

I love this red. It is my HG neutral red. (asian with pale olive/yellow toned skin).
But I have beef with the clinique lipstick packaging. While really pretty to look at, it's too heavy! I actually prefer their cheapo apple green freebie packaging bc it's lighter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

As a cool toned PPP with newly silvering hair, I was hoping to pull this one off. I have been searching for a nice beginner red, not too dramatic, and thought this one might be the one after many recommendations. Unfortunately, it just didn't work - and just made me feel matronly. Even though this is touted to be moisturizing, it felt very dry on my lips. Guess I will stick with my trusted berries for the time being.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mrsdarcy001

Angel Red is my HG red lipstick. It looks very beautiful on me and really works with my coloring (NC20). It is not a very dramatic red like my MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red, but it is very elegant. I tend to pick this when I am dressing up for a nice dinner or to go to the ballet or the theater. It works well with my LBD.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sasparilla70

My favorite red lipstick. Unscented, moisturizes, and is a really nice cool red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my one of my fave lipsticks ever. It especially looks great on women with dark hair and fair skin. I always get so many compliments when I wear this. It has slight violet/blue undertones, which could turn off some people, but it compliments my winter complexion. I am told I look better in this color than my true red lipsticks. This lipstick is perfect for fair-skinned ladies, however it compliments a whole range of skin tones. When applied lightly for an everyday look, it really just looks lovely!! This is exactly what I wanted countless lipsticks to be (including MAC Dubonnet), a sheer bitten deep red that is gorgeous!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

This is my HG red lipstick! After seeing it in like Teen magazine years ago I went to try it because I was looking for a red lipstick that didn't turn hot pink on me as most red lippies do. 8 years later and I've never looked back! This is a true blue-red lippie. I'm a PPP, strawberry-blond, brown eyes with cool undertones. I love wearing this with a light gold or champagne eye and liquid liner. So classic! The staying power on this is not great, but it stains my lips nicely enough, so I don't really mind. If you're looking for a perfect blue-red lippie, look no further than your local Clinique counter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Angel Red is a lovely red lipstick...its blue red and has some shine to it....very nice for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by seryscarlett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Years ago, this was the first red lipstick I ever bought and it continues to be staple shade. I'm a blond NC15 and this looks absolutely elegant on me. A beautiful deep red!