April 25, 2014 | 951 users online

Eyes - Make Up For Ever - EYE SEAL - Waterproof Liquid Converter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by fortune222

It's very important before you spend huge sums on this product to understand that its sole purpose is to take any loose powder eyeshadow and turn it into waterproof, non-budge eyeliner for the outside of your lids near the lashes *only.*

It can't be used on the waterline or touch the white of the eye. The instructions clearly say this. Don't use it on the inside of the eye!!! It will sting like deep painful heck and destroy contact lenses. It's unsafe for any use but the outside lid.

Do your eyes however you want and at the end, when you're ready for the last step, eyeliner, that's when this comes into play.

Drop a bit of this on your hand, dip your taklon eyeliner brush in it, and take up your favorite exotic color of loose powder eye color *only* - the instructions clearly say to use only with loose powders - to mix into a thick paste. Line as fast as you can, because this stuff dries in an instant, and once dry it won't budge, smudge or blend. It will probably withstand nuclear war. I mean, it's not going anywhere.

Rinse your brush immediately or frankly you'll have the devil of a time getting the brush clean ever again. The limited usefulness of this product, and shocking price, will probably put most people off.

But if you absolutely need non-moving eyeliner from a loose powder - say for wedding photos you want an unusual color eyeliner to perfectly match your dress - this will do it.

Some people say that you can quickly dab it on your eyelid and use it as a color base for shadow. That doesn't work so well; there are better products for that, frankly.

But for the eyeliner use: well, it does that perfectly and wears like iron.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by toogerbug

I had such high hopes for this to be the product to finally allow me to wear liner on my waterlines. Tried Gurlain & L'oreal Hip Kohls. Nothing worked. Also tried ELF's sealer, which did help some with regular liner but not on my waterline. And it burned just a touch.

Eye Seal burned like CRAZY. I have mildly sensitive eyes. But not overly so where there are products I just can't use. But I can't use this it burned like crazy.

Tried it on my waterline over loose kohl. It just picked it up and made a mess and started burning.

Tried it on my waterline mixing it in with the loose Kohl for a liquid liner. It was just too messy and hard to deal with and it burned.

Even tried it over my mineral liner (loose) on my lower lashline (not waterline) and it just lifted it and made a mess and oh yeah-more burning.

Even the ELF sealer doesn't burn that much and it certainly doesn't lift what you've already applied. I'd recccomend it any day over this. It's not perfect but better by far and a LOT cheaper.

Back to Sephora with this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It really does what it says and it works very well. I'm going to address the "issues" that people are claiming they have with this, mainly that A) it will ruin their eye shadows if it gets in the pan and B) it makes their brushes stiff and ruins their brush.

To the first concern. You can only use this with wet/dry shadows. If your eyeshadow is not compatible with getting wet (even with water), you can not put this on your brush and then put it in the pan. I haven't had any issue with this when used properly with truly wet/dry shadows. Ironically enough, though, is that MUFE's pressed eyeshadows (with the exception of the 300 series diamond shadows) are NOT wet/dry and WILL glaze and get ruined if you even dampen the pan with just water.

To the second concern. This is a sealant, people. You can NOT use this with ANIMAL HAIR BRUSHES. You need to (and I do stress NEED TO) use this with a synthetic taklon brush ONLY. This product is EASILY removed from your brush with basic isopropyl alcohol and a bit of liquid dishwashing soap. Obviously, you don't want to use either dishwashing soap or alcohol on animal hair brushes as it would really screw them up quickly. The majority of my professional and personal use makeup brushes are synthetic and I have not had one problem removing this from my brushes easily.

I did not give this 5 lippies because for the size, it is very expensive. That is really my only complaint. This is less than a half an ounce (12 ml), which makes its cost per use more than 40 dollars per ounce! And they don't offer larger pro sizes on their website either. Boo.

Someone compared this to the Duwop Payoff and I am not sure why as there is just no comparison in the terms of product performance. Payoff doesn't waterproof or smudge proof jack crap nothing. And I've tried this more than enough times to know. When doing the "rub test" on my hand (where I put the product on my hand, waited a few minutes and then rubbed at it with a tissue), the Payoff applied product literally wiped RIGHT OFF. The eyeshadow applied with an eyeshadow brush dampened with Eye Seal didn't move AT ALL, even after rubbing at it pretty voraciously for several minutes. I was able to remove it rather easily with the aid of a cleansing oil.

If you're having issues removing this, you're just not using the right product. It will be removed very easily with a cleansing oil or even a silicone based eye makeup remover (like a BiFacil) will take it off pretty easily

This product will smudge proof even kohl pencil and grease paint and that's pretty amazing as those two items are about the smudgiest you'll ever run into. I've also known for some makeup artists who use an airbrush machine to add a couple of drops into their machine to waterproof and smudgeproof the whole complexion application.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I LOVE Eye Seal. I prefer it over the other liquid converters that I've tried from Aromaleigh, Too Faced, Sephora, etc. I was heart broken when I found that my Smashbox Off Set converter gel had been discontinued but since I found Eye Seal, I think it actually works better than Off Set. Eye Seal is a very thin liquid so it might be tricky to use at first. I ordered Pure Luxe's gel version and have high hopes for it since a gel product is easier to use for those of us who aren't very steady with the liner brush. What I've discovered about Eye Seal is that it will harden anything in its path so do not dip your brush in your eyeshadow or let the product dry on the brush. What I do is put a mere drop of Eye Seal on my brush and the dip it into my powder liner and blend on the back of my hand. You will not need more than a drop to line both eyes with a fine-tipped liner brush. Eye Seal is very watery so I always add lots of powder to get the right consistency but too much powder will make the liner too dry. Play with it a little to get the right consistency. If you're using a pan eyeshadow, I highly recommend scrapping off some shadow from the corner and dipping your brush into the powder rather than getting the eyeshadow wet because it will turn hard and useless. Unlike Aromaleigh and even my beloved Smashbox, Eye Seal does not smudge at all and lasts all day. It's easily removed with waterproof eye makeup remover but do not let it dry on your brush or you will have a very hard time cleaning the brush. Wipe off the brush on a cotton pad soaked with remover, rinse, and dry. That extra step will save your brushes. Oh, and although Eye Seal is expensive ($20 for a 12mL/.40 oz bottle), it will last forever. I spilled almost half of my Eye Seal a year ago and I haven't even made a dent in the remaing half bottle.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOOOOOOOVE this product. makes my eyemakeup last all day without fading or sliding around. i also love how it makes it easier to blend the shadows together. It's a little expensive but you need so little of it that i can see it lasting a good 4-6 months with regular use. I slept in it til 5 am the other day and it still looked perfect when i woke up. LOVE. go to a counter and try it out. If i use it as a liner i just have to make sure to clean my eyeliner brush afterwards. i love that it waterproofs eyeliner/lip pencils also. definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is added to any eyeshadow to make it a waterproof liquid liner. I found it to be a little messy to work with, and also it kind of messes up the eyeshadow where you use it in the pan. It does really have amazing staying power, but I had trouble not making it look sloppy. I find it easier to work with gel liners like those made by Bobbi Brown and MAC. This can't be smudged once applied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

i don't like eyeliners since i think i don't have the control over applying.
this is an AMAZING PRODUCT...you can turn any e/s into eyeliner so you don;t have to spend so much money on different eyeliner colours plus it's waterproof and stayes all day long!! you only need a drop of it to get the magic!!! it's also excellent for GLITTER since it keeps it in place and you never get the awfull fallout that turns your face into a lightning ball!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by MeredithP1

Horrible product. Destroyed my brushes and actually removed my eyemakeup rather than seal it. I will not be repurchasing or even using what's left of what I bought.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by chica21608

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does what it says....seals the eye makeup, but I wasn't crazy about it because it made my brush stiff and if you wait too long, it will make putting on your makeup a bit difficult. Because once it dries, its difficult to add or blend anymore colors. It definitely seals your eyeshadow, but its difficult to blend in colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by hajamom

This product is a little bottle of secret potion. I love to use it not only to set liner, but also to bring out the true colours of my shadows. When I use is all over my lid, the colour just pops. When I use it to set eyeshadow as liner, the colour is intense and never moves. This is a great product to use on days when you really don't want your makeup to fade at all. It really does what it says and waterproofs as well. I have been storing this right side up in my makeup drawer and have yet to experience any leaking. I do find however, that you don't even have to squeeze the bottle to get any product out. I use a clear plastic insert as a pallet and simply drop some of the product out. I did find that you have to wash your brushes really well after using this because it will stiffen them up. I plan to have this product in my collection at all times, I like it that much.