Neutrogena Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I used these before I started using Garnier makeup removers. They DO burn when you first start taking off your makeup, nothing too horrible though. These worked pretty well on my makeup. I don't like the fact that they're pads, I prefers wipes more. They do last a good while. I have dry skin, and these didn't dry my skin out at all which is a big deal for me. I would buy them again. I'm a big fan of Neutrogena products.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

THESE SUCKKKKKK!!!!! omg they are okay for regular eye makeup but i like to wear water proof mascaras and it sucks for taking them off. omg. waste of money and it burns a little bit. smh

Not bad! These things are great at removing all face and most eye makeup. Obviously they do not get it all off in one swipe, like the ads claim. They do best with foundation and eye products, and they even get the waterproof eyeliners off. However, removing waterproof mascara takes some effort on my behalf. These wipes do their thing and they smell really nice too! They are a great value, a couple of bucks for a large set of wipes. They come in travel size, too!!

on 12/28/2011 10:32:00 PM

Four words IT BURNS!!!ITBURNS!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

These are fine for removing my eye shadow, even if I have a lot of it on top of primer and Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. It all comes off pretty easily. However, they still sting the skin underneath my eyes, and they're absolutely rubbish for removing mascara or eyeliner if I've applied it with a sealant (which I always do). It just pushes black around my face, and I will still have to take my cleansing oil to my eyelashes to remove everything. Also, the pads are pretty scratchy, which just makes the burning worse.

The only reason I gave them two lippies instead of just one is because, as I mentioned before, they will take my shadow off easily. Also, the pads are a decent size, so I can get all of my shadow off of both eyes with just one pad. If I've only worn a sheer application of one color, I can cut the pad in half.

on 10/21/2011 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love these! This is my HG eye makeup remover product. I understand what other reviewers have said about the pads being dry, because they are. But the simple way to combat that is that I just rehydrate them with a little bit of water, and they're perfect. Things I LOVE about these pads:
-absolutely NO oily residue
-no sting
-they're large
-no awful smell
-they work quickly and easily.

Seriously, just wet them down with a little water. They work!

on 9/21/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Horrible product. They are too dry and the pads have these little fuzzies on them that get in your eye. I'm so surprised because this is one of the first Neutrogena products that I actually hate.

on 7/15/2011 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really think these are super soft in texture so they will not irritate the skin around your eye. Also, I did not experience that they were dry, though understandably they're not sopping wet either (which I wouldn't want anyway). Maybe it dries out over time...

They take off water proof eye liner and mascara.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

These things suck! There way too dry and do not get your makeup off!

on 4/26/2011 12:10:00 PM

Bought these at target for $8.99 thinking they would be soaked with product like the almay pads, but NO! they are dry and useless for taking makeup off, they just smear the black fromt he mascara all over my face. Waste of money.