October 25, 2014 | 1764 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Flowerplay [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by l0ve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color. It's a very pink but semi sheer almost like a gloss lipstick with a hint of shimmer. It REALLY makes my BLUE eys pop and very blonde (what is known as "white blonde") hair POP. It's very springy/summer and just a happy color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*PIC* Ohhh, what a pretty colour! It's a lovely bright wearable pink and has a great soft texture, i wore this without any lipbalm and my lips stayed soft with this all day. I detect a subtle sparkle/shimmer, which i think makes it look even more pretty. A truly gorgeous shade which i definitely will wear often.
    *In pic i've layered it on with my lip brush, it can also turn up lighter if you don't layer it on, hth :)

continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by RococoRose

I love this delightful, playful, bright, slightly glossy pink. Pink lipstick cheers me up when I am feeling a bit down, this one especially. Its such a happy, glorious pink, how could it not. I feel fresh and happy when I wear this, and apply it when my face is looking a little dull, to take the attention away from my pallid visage, and onto my sweetheart lips. I stocked up on a two more of these due to their being an L.E.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Arizonah13

I had never seen this lipcolor in person before I decided to order a tube. As soon as I popped the cap, I thought "holy geez..... f*cking neon pink!"

However, when applied, it was a sheer, glorious pink. The creamy, slighly glossy consistency combined with the very subtle shimmer gives me some lucious lips - and thats saying alot!

I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 More reviews by lilylotus

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised that I like this so much as I ALMOST decided not to get it because it looks so bright pink and scary in the tube. Amazingly this morphs into a very pretty wash of transparent warm pink on the lips (thanks to the lustre formula) with very subtle silver sparkles that linger on the lips long after the colour has worn off. I also like the fact that this leaves behind the faintest stain.
    One my favourite and most unique lippies! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 2:16:00 AM More reviews by IcedTeaChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice pink color but unfortunately this is too light for my coloring and sort of washes me out, but I'm sure on the right complexion this is very pretty

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by glossmaven

Seriously, when does MAC ever go wrong?? I purchased this lipstick when the Strange Hybrid collections first came out, and I've been enjoying it ever since. I have been on the lookout for a replacement for MAC "Giddy" Lustre (sadly discontinued), and this one reminds me of it. Flowerplay is is a sheer pink with subtle sliver sparkles. The creamy texture and beautiful pink color give your lips a luscious YLBB look. I think I will have to repurchase soon, because this is also a Limited Edition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 6:16:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

This color is gorgeous on, even by itself. I received this in a swap and was very intimidated by how bright it was, but it looks nothing like that on the lips. I am very impressed :) I wouldn't buy it again though, because I probably won't even get through this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Cindyrella1212

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Flowerplay, from the Strange Hybrid collection is a little scary in the tube but goes on as a creamy, bright pink. I detect some watermelon in it as well. I didn't notice any sparkle as other reviewers did, but it's a really nice color for summer. I would say fairly neutral, maybe more on the warm side, definitely not cool. For reference, NC30, LLL warm.
    Great summer color--looks fab with neutral eyes & pink cheeks for that "just came from beach" look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i agree w/ everyone...this is such a pretty sheer tulip, watermelon pink. pairs beautifully w/ petalpoint. has a hint of a pretty silver sheen to it but it looks more glossy than shimmery unless your really looking up close. you can layer it for a brighter tulip, watermelon pink or just once for a nice pretty sheer healthy looking color on your lips.