April 20, 2014 | 1753 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Boots - Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

I picked this up from Target to remove my eye makeup. My HG is Clinique's Take the day off makeup remover, but it $18 for 4.2oz vs this $6 for 5oz. It works well with taking off my waterproof eyeliners and mascara with little rubbing. It is a tad oilier then Cliniques but its cheap and does the job with no irritation...no complaining there. The screw top is annoying, I might transfer it into another bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Not too keen on this. It feels really greasy on my skin, and doesn't remove makeup properly either - for example, when I do use waterproof mascara, I use only a thin layer, and still this doesn't take it off. Also you have to wash your face really quickly afterwards or this will dry on your face and get into your skin. Not a good feeling!
Also the two parts separate very quickly, so you can't just leave the bottle open and use it for say a second time even in the space of 30 seconds or so. You have to close it and shake it again, and it's also a screw on cap, so I find the packaging rather annoying as well.
It doesn't irriate my sensitive skin though, which is good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very mediocre eye make up remover. It's very oily and I am not too keen on that. I also doesn't remove my make up that well! It takes at least four goes to remove even mascara and a makeup wipe does that alone. I like that it doesn't sting, but that's about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by wblassingame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice product does not burn my eyes I like it better than the Almay eye make up remover, it is a bit oily but if you shake it well before use it is great and moisturizes the eye area. I will repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Becca16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this product off my nan because she saw how much makeup i wore, so i don't know where she bought it. It is AMAZING!!!! I can be wearing multiple mascaras, strong eyeliner, bold, thick eyeshadow, and it gets the majority off in one swipe. It doesn't leave my skin oily, and doesn't make me break out after use! It leaves your skin so smooth and clean :) I won't buy other makeup removers now because this one is so amazing, and i try to have two bottles at all times. BUY IT!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ohmyjessica

this product is terrible! it's not only oily... but it's actually... GREASY! eww... - it's also terrible at removing eye make-up. regular (non waterproof) mascara's won't budge with this product (even when you soak your eyes with the cotton pad for 10+ seconds)... plain water does a better job. you're supposed to shake the solution up before use... but it tends to separate and settle ASAP -.- buy the target-brand make-up remover... it's so much better! and 1/3 the price~

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by beisquared

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am almost through with my second bottle and I think this just maybe my HG eye makeup remover. I rarely label a product HG because I think that there are just way too many products out on the market that there has to be a better one. However, for the price ($5!) and convenience (Target), it can't be beat. Like several of the reviewers before, this product is very similar to Lancome's Bi Facil; without the steeper price tag. You have to shake it up before you pour it onto a cotton pad and then I just place it over my eyes, let it soak in for a minute and then gently sweep my mascara away. I always use waterproof mascara (holds the curl) and it cleans off my Diorshow, Full 'N Soft, MUFE Aqua Smoky Lash, all with no problem. Until I can get my hands on the Bioderma Crealine/Sensibio (it is just way too much of a hassle to acquire that remover), it's Botanics all the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by piyo1717

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been a Lancome Bi Facil eye makeup remover fan for years. But it's getting to be a little expensive so I've been looking for a cheaper alternative for removing waterproof eye make up.

After trying Almay Moisturizing pads (which I still love, great for travel since it's not liquid!) and Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover (hate it, it burned my eyes, and did not remove my mascara at all), I was about to give up on my search and just go back to Bi Facil.

Then I saw someone on Youtube rave about this product and I went to get this from my local Target (which is a plus, since I visit Target once a week). And this works just like the Bi Facil, and larger bottle (4.2 oz vs. 5 oz) and 1/5 of the price! ($26 vs. $5)... Cant get better than this, I will be repurchasing my HG for the rest of my life... now let's hope they won't discontinue this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this today, so I used it once on my eye makeup. I usually need at least two cotton balls with remover to get my liner and shadow off. I used just one to test it, and it got most of it off. It didn't sting at all, and I don't notice very greasy skin. With a heavy oil remover you'll get it all over your lashes and cannot see, but this has a light weight oil and seems gentle. I think it's more gentle than my Lancome Bi-Facil.
The smell is light and just smells like plants to me. I think I paid about $6 for it at Target. Update: I know why this is so popular now. It's so gentle that it's like water on your face, but it removes everything. The light oil can get into every lash to remove makeup. It even took off mascara along with shadows in no time at all. I'm not going to write a whole page about it, like some have done, but keep in mind that most of the negative reviews are the minority or people who have other skin issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Great make up remover. Effortlessly removes makeup, non irritating and is moisturizing. Love that its more on the natural side too.