April 19, 2014 | 1753 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boots - Mattifying Make-up Base

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ltarwater

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Iíve only dipped my toe into the world of primers, but Iím strongly suspecting that silicone-based primers do not work for my skin. This stuff applies easily, and it works as far as keeping my skin not oily and making my makeup last longer. But the day or two after Iíve used it my skin breaks out like crazy. I still use it occasionally for very special occasions but itís certainly not an everyday product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by miamsg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. I am extremely oily, and during the first 30 min this primer does mattify. However, after 2h I am more shiny than without any primer at all. I will say more, after 2 hours I am more shiny than if I had used a greasy moisturiser as a base! Do not buy this product, horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by kochou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I hated this product. It was pasty and thick and difficult to work with. But I've been able to make it work. I simply blend it with my moisturizer and pat it on. It works wonderfully now and though I'm not totally in love, it does the job. It keeps my notoriously oily skin from looking like an oil slick at the end of the day. It's the only primer I've found that actually keeps oil at bay from 7am-midnight.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

when u first apply it , it feels like it is going to keep you matte. but it doesnt. it dries out so quickly so you should be very quick when applying it. also you cant apply anything rubbing with your fingers like liquid foundation on top of this primer as the primer rubs off your skin when applying anything else with fingers. i still look shiny after using that. it doesnt do any magic. wont buy it again. cheap and useless.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

You are better off using some chalk on your skin. This product is one of the worst products that I have ever seen. It dries up the skin and it does not spread well. I tried it on my hand and my hand looked dry and weird. I used it on my face and I could not even tolerate it for a minute. If you are oily and want to use a primer, go for the gel kind. These white stuff will make your skin oilier and can clog your pores. A no no for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This product does what it claims, but it is incredibly difficult to work with. The product comes out of the tube like a thick paste---thicker than toothpaste and needs to be worked with in small sections. Too much rubbing or product in one area will cause it to ball up or become streaky, leaving you with patchy white areas. The best method I have found is to squeeze out a small amount and work between fingertips to warm up the product a bit, then pat on areas where you tend to get oily. Applying to other areas of the face may cause dryness by the end of the day.

While this product does control my oily t-zone, it does not fill in my nose pores quite as good as Revlon photoready perfecting primer. Blending foundation on top of this is a bit of a chore---not smooth and easy like other silicone primers. This has some "grip" to it.

I can't use this when in a rush as it just takes too many steps to achieve a natural look. This isnt worth the time to return (only cost me $5) but I would not repurchase or recommend to anyone. Putting on your face makeup should not take so much effort.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by ChristyLuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this product doesn't have positive reviews. I actually like this primer. It doesn't let my makeup soak in. It just sit on top of my skin, which btw you need to apply this a certain way or else it'll ball up. It's really matte and my makeup stays fine. I don't break out with this and makeup stays.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

This was dry and cakey, very hard to smooth out no matter how I applied it or what I wore it under. After 3 hours my face looked pastey and makeup had kind of a cracked effect instead of smooth and matte. Despite washing thoroughly I broke out badly after.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by inndria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a notorious oily skin, and for the first three hours, it did a good job in making my face looks matte. After that, i'm back being busy with my blot paper.
The texture is very thick and dries really fast on my face so i have to apply it on section by section, also it feels really thick instead of velvety smooth (made me feel like i'm wearing layers of foundation, when in fact i only wear tinted moisturizer).
Even though it didn't made my skin break, i would not recommend it for people with super oily skin like myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I believe this primer is breaking me out but I am not 100% sure. As for creating a smooth canvas for makeup, it is so-so. It did help my foundation spread better but it didn't completely mattify my face. Within two hours, oil broke through the foundation. It is relatively cheap and can be found at Target. I will try this one more time before I change the rank.