Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

3.0

PPD: 9.1 ||| Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, 9.1

on 8/10/2012 4:24:00 PM

I use this as a face primer because I'm not happy about the level of SPF in my foundation and I'm paranoid about tanning and skin damage.

I absolutely adore it as a primer. I notice a serious difference in makeup wear and shininess when I don't have it on under my foundation.

I don't notice any scent and while it makes my cranky skin a little red when I first apply (only a dollop. Too much gets ugly fast.), it quickly goes back to normal and I put on the rest of my face just fine.

on 7/14/2012 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This is the best sunscreen I have ever used. Doesnt make me greasy, no break outs, no film. Just wow. Neutrogena products are good, overall.

on 6/17/2012 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Honestly, this isn't a bad sunscreen. There is definitely better (aveeno's sunscreen is the best), but for some people, this might be perfect. It doesn't make me greasy, or give me a weird white cast. The problem was that something in this sunblock broke me out in hives. Clearly, I'm allergic to something.

on 4/21/2012 1:06:00 AM

I am looking for a good BODY sunscreen because Socal's summer sun isn't the most friendly. First off packaging is pretty standard, although for the body the size isn't the most convenient. The consistency of the suncreen isn't too thick, but its not the easist to blend. On my arm and legs I do notice a slight whitish cast at first, but that eventually fades withing 30 mins. The scent is not overpowering, I can only smell a little bit of that "suncreen smell" when I stick my hand directly under my nose. My only problem with this is that it is NOT dry-touch as it claims. I wake up at 6 everyday for school because classes start at 7:15 and I leave the house at 7. I put this on around 6:50 everyday, and by 3 period I feel a slight stickiness. Multiple friends have come up to me and hugged/touched me and asked me why I'm so sticky, so I know it's not only my imagination. The stickiness progresses throughout the day so by the time school ends and I get home (around 3:20) I feel gross and dirty and have to take a shower immediately. The feeling is the same one gets after a long workout where you've sweat a lot. Problem is I'm student aide for Track so I DON'T exercise or sweat, so I know the source of the stickiness is the sunscreen. Also, my skin looks kind of glossy after one-two hours, so I assuming that if you put this on your face you might end up looking like a grease-ball.

Ugh! Bought a huge package of this at Cotsco and ended up having to give it all away. Long story short - I had bumps and dry patches all over my face - all over. I thought it was a million things, fabric softener, medications, my dog, etc. After going one week without fabric softener, another week drinking tons of water in order to flush out remnants of the meds, and avoiding my dog for another week :-( I still had my bumps and dry patches. I then realized that I had started using the sunscreen again to take my pup out for her long walks since all my freckles were starting to pop out. It has been one week since I stopped wearing the sunscreen and my face is now recovering.

on 2/11/2012 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I put the ingredients in my sunscreen simulator and unfortunately this only has an spf of 24 with a ppd of 9.1, the ppd is less than the lubriderm spf 30 moisturizer. I put it on my face everyday for 3 months and it didn't break me out, I didn't burn, but I hate it when sunscreens lie about their SPF value. And its not enough PPD for a sunscreen.

on 9/25/2011 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This sunscreen is truly dry-touch cus it's very drying on my skin and after a few hours of wearing it, I could see my facial skin looking very flaky and dry. Also, it leaves a prominent white cast which is impossible to blend in. The only thing that I like about this sunscreen is that it didn't irritate my skin/ make my skin red + very good uva and uvb protection

on 7/30/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff, plus my dermatologist says it has the good stuff (avobenzone @ 3%) which is good for broad spectrum UVA and UVB. BUT, I am a runner/jogger and I have a problem when I sweat because it tends to irritate and sting in my eyes. So, best advice: if you sweat at the beach or exercise, avoid using this around your eyes if your are sensitive like me.

on 7/30/2011 10:27:00 PM

I love this sunscreen, i usually just use it on my face, i never get burnt wearing it because of the high spf, Its a tad pricey though but i can usually find a good deal on it in winners. My only complaints is its a bit difficult to rub in. And if you dont rub it in enough your skin turns white. So i recommend using a mirror applying this sunscreen.

on 7/1/2011 12:16:00 PM

I've purchased this last year and used it when I go out running in the morning then I wash it off in the shower. Everything was okay then, loved the "dry touch".

This year, I has a laser procedure done to remove my freakles so I've started using this every day to protect my skin. I've started noticing that my face became very dry and there's this permanent red dry patch on my face. Everything I've applied to my face to moisturize it just burned.

I then spent several gloomy days indoors and hence, no need for sunblock and the patch went away! But it came back within 2 days of using this.

I've read a lot of similar reviews online. Guess this is not good for long term use.