December 18, 2014 | 1647 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Purete Thermale Cleansing Micellar Lotion for face and eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by kalliope

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this mostly to remove remnants of oilier eye makeup removers, but I've also been known to use it as a calming cleanser for my whole face if I don't have much makeup to remove.

It's super gentle and doesn't sting my eyes at all, even if quite a lot gets into them. I've used Avene's Micellar formula and liked it, which led me to try the Vichy when my drugstore stopped carrying the Avene. It was a happy accident because I prefer the Vichy due to its milder, less perfumed scent. This costs me about US$15 at CVS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, acne prone, waterproof sunscreen and full makeup.

It does not seem as nice or as effective as the Bioderma, but Vichy is a heck of lot easier to obtain in the US. So I would grab this IF I just HAD to have micellar water. But really, if I was desperate for makeup removal, I would probably just use jojoba oil in a pinch until I get more Bioderma in the mail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up from my neighborhood Walgreens for $17 + tax. I have highly sensitive skin and am prone to mild yet persistent acne/clogged pores. My skin is combo-oily but is chronically dehydrated and starting to show signs of rosacea. Even the mildest of wash off cleansers cause my skin to feel tight and dry and force me to use a moisturizer which wouldn't be necessary otherwise...and then that of course leads to other problems such as clogged pores. Oil cleansing with mineral oil is the closest I've gotten, but my skin still sometimes get irritated due to having to remove with a washcloth. Very unpleasant cycle I've been stuck in.

I'd been wanting to try a micellar cleanser for a while, but they haven't quite caught on in the states yet. This was my only option since I didn't want to shell out the $ for any of the ones from Sephora and my skin is so sensitive that I didn't want to risk sending away for the Bioderma/Avene/LRP only for them to not work.

Luckily for me, this works and it works well. I can't say how it works on sunscreen removal since I'm still looking for one that works, but it does a fantastic job of removing my light daily makeup (powder, blush, e/s, non-wp mascara) and cleansing my skin without leaving it feeling tight and uncomfortable. Also to my surprise it did not sting/irritate my skin or leave a gross film or residue. My skin actually feels calmer and totally comfortable after using this - no additional moisturizer necessary except around my two dry areas - eyes/mouth. I've only used for a few days so far, but I am feeling hopeful that this may be it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of micellar solutions. I have used both caudalie and avene versions in the past, but I recently bought vichy because the 400ml was on sale for the price of the 200ml ($22 CAN) and I heard good things.

Out of the three of them, I definitely like Vichy the best. It removes makeup better (of course, if you are wearing more than a light foundation/tinted moisturizer - you might need something else...) and it also doesn't have a lot of fragrance like the others. It is also about half the price of the caudalie.

I happen to like the pump the 400ml comes with, though it isn't that travel friendly - it is convenient just to reach into the medicine cabinet and dispense. Just push gently on the pump or else the product comes out straight at you!

I use it in the morning with a spritz of mineral water and at night before washing with vichy cleansing milk. So far, this is keeping my dry, sensitive, and blackhead prone skin really happy. No tightness, even in the winter!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Vichy face product and its amazing!

No noticeable scent
Like water
Amazingly mild while removing makeup including eye makeup easily

Although it is not required to be rinsed off, i still do because i'm just used to rinsing off any cleanser. I do the same for Bioderma and Nuxe. The only con is that its expensive.

Very impressed and will continue repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jsublett

the best thing ever

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutly live for this: My "babywipe" of life ! I keep it in my purse and everywhere I go. Its the only thing I can tolerate to remove my makeup + and all of it. It never burns, never irritates my skin, and hydrates and soothes. I wait to buy it on sale at Shoppers and get the optimum points.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I went through gallons of this stuff when I lived in France, clearly I loved it. And at the time, it worked well - removing light make up in a speedy fashion, keeping my skin soft. But I didn't wear any SS or heavy make up (just a primer & some concealer) so it was fine.

Fast forward a couple of years and this no longer cuts the mustard. That is, if you wear a heavy duty SS and make up, especially anything that's long wearing. I hate to say it, but Bioderma Sensibio does a much better job at removing heavier make up & SS. I'll use it up, but won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This micellar cleanser does everything I expect it to; it removes light makeup, including non-waterproof mascara, doesn't leave a residue, and also doesn't irritate my slightly sensitive skin. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fine, just like the La Roche Posay one. I love micellar water cleansers, they are affordable, quick and effective and they do not bother my sensitive, acne-prone skin. Outside of the shower these are the only cleansers I use: no more messing around with face wash, makeup-remover etcetera.

I prefer the Avene one, somehow it seems to calm down my skin just a little bit more. But if I can't be bothered with ordering that one online the Vichy one is readily available in every local pharmacy here, so I do use it from time to time and it's pretty good.