September 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Buttered Tan

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by dakeeks

I am Asian and look like I have a light golden tan all year round. Buttered tan matches my skin color perfectly and the intensive formula gives me great coverage to even out my skin tone and cover acne scars, leaving my skin looking healthy with a subtle JLo glow... the first time a foundation has made my skin look so gorgeous! I've tried other mineral foundations but this is the best one so far. Both BE and Laura Mercier were a little too "shiny" for me. This one imparts a lovely natural glow.

NOTE: I have sensitive skin. I break out sometimes when I use the brush with a "swirling motion" on my face with any mineral foundation. So I use the brush to sweep this on my face in long strokes in one direction and this prevents break outs and because I use the intensive formula, still gives me great coverage. I tried this with the matte formula before and it wasn't enough coverage for me but the intensive is perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Yoboss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wouldn't purchase this again not because it is bad but because there are others that last better on my oily skin and look more natural in sunlight and with camera flash. I find it to be much better than Bare Minerals in both price and coverage. It also has a better feel but unfortunately it just doesn't last well through the day and requires so many touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this a lot, I use the heavy coverage powder foundation and it has the best finish so far for a mineral makeup, minimizes pores,(unlike Bare Escentuals) and stays put all day.
Update , I was very disaponted by this company when I tried to exchange a product, unlike what thier website claims ,they emailed me and said there are no exchanges and the returns are on only unopened product, very deceptive when you read the policy on the website which states "risk free guarantee"

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

I've been using EDM for about a year now, I used the intensive one for my oily skin, I've tried sooooo many colors from them, even mixing 2 colors to find the right shade too; I am NC35. So before I discovered Buttered Tan, I was using Med Beige which was slightly too dark for me, then I bought light medium which looked pinkish-ashy on me. So then I saw a youtuber using Buttered Tan and it looks glowy and has strong yellow undertone, I decided to get the sample size and I FELL IN LOVE!!! It matched my skin soooo beautifully that amazed me sometimes cuz I can never find a mineral foundation that ever gives me that flawless finish, matched my jawline and neck, and it lasts the whole day. I've repurchased this 3x already, I used it to blend out my Missha BB cream and it looks really good. I recommend EDM foundation to everyone who has sensitive skin that cannot take harsh chemicals from liquid foundation. My skin is able to breath throughout the day, doesn't feel heavy or looked heavy, I still need touch ups here and there but that's normal for oily skin people. Overall, this is my HOLLY GRAIL product that I cannot live without!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW. This is a total winner. I love MMU, and loved Prescriptives All Skins but found that their foundation a little too pink for me. Cover FX MMU was good but slightly on the powdery side, and of course both of my favorites were very expensive. Then I discovered EDM! I love how they provide free samples, and after 2 kits found my shade: Buttered Tan with a slight sprinkle of Winged Butter. Perfection! I never tried the other formulations, but Intensive is amazing. Medium to full coverage, not chalky looking, doesn't break me out, and looks incredibly natural. It's SO easy to apply, and since its a powder it never looks streaky and it doesn't "melt" through the day! Love! Also, it's so reasonably priced. The price of one Cover FX or Prescriptives foundation is the price of 6 full-sized EDM products... can't get over this!

I must also rave about the jar, with its genius closeable sifter! I travel with my MMU, and its a powdery mess after one bus ride. This allows me to keep everything neat when I open the jar - no dusty surprise for me. Yay!

As for Buttered Tan - I am a hispanic/Asian mutt, and this color fits me perfectly. I'm light golden tan in color, with peach but predominantly more yellow undertones. Buttered tan is perfect, but slightly less yellow and maybe a tinge darker than my skin, that's why I add a bit of Winged Butter. The combination together is amazing.

EDIT: Since this time, I have found that my perfect shade is in a completely different color family - Olive. My mix is Sandy Olive 1:1 with Olive Medium. Beaaaautiful and not as peachy pink as Buttered Tan - perfect for the summer months and JUST like my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by GlamArtist88

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I have it in the INTENSIVE formula to help cover my acne scars and whatnot....Before using this foundation I was using MAC Select SPF15 Liquid Foundation in NC30, and this is my perfect match! I'm asian and this fits my yellowish undertone. It lasts for a good amount of time, and I would definitely buy this again :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. One lippie off for not offering it in pressed form. Otherwise fantastic. The loose powder is good for making my own tinted moisturizer, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am NW30/NW35 in MAC just for a reference. Buttered Tan in Intensive is a shade that I normally reserve for the Late Spring and Summer Season, when everyone wants their skin to have a nice little tan sort of glow to it. I have this in the shade Intensive. The color is about a shade darker than the Medium Beige Neutral Intensive foundation that I normally wear from EDM. But, it is a shade that's in the Medium family that I find that many skintones can get away with wearing, including myself.

One container of this stuff will last me a really long time. But, whenever I do happen to use up the full-size one that I have, I definitely will re-purchase me another full-size container in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sunmin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Buttered tan is the perfect color for me. I am Asian and have a medium colored complexion - like I have a light tan all year. I have tried mineral makeup before - BE and Laura Mercier but both of them made me break out. BE and Laura Mercier were also a little too shiny for me and after half the day, it felt like I was wearing a mask. Everyday Minerals is much better. It looks natural, you can layer the coverage (I am using both matte and semi-matte; the matte gives more coverage) and it doesn't break me out. The price is so much lower too. My new HG foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 7:12:00 AM More reviews by tishtish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

My HG. I add a little Olive Medium to this to find my perfect shade. Anyway, this stuff is amazing. I used BE for over a year but it wasn't a perfect match. I think this stuff is even better because it has much longer staying power than BE. One lippie off because I'm still waiting for Everyday Minerals to create a pressed powder version of this shade. The pluses are:
- great build-able coverage
- covers blemishes
- makes pores invisible
- long-staying power
- very cheap compared to other brands
- feels very 'light' (no mask-like makeup feeling)
- creates a flawless polished look
- great for sensitive skin
I've recommended my friends and colleagues to try the free sample kit.