November 27, 2014 | 1226 users online

Sunscreen - Peter Thomas Roth - Instant Mineral SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by LilleHavfrue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first read about this product I thought it was a dream come true. I hate the feel of almost all sunscreens on my skin and sunscreen on my face is even worse. But since sunscreen is a must in order to keep my skin healthy the last few years I put up with the stickiness, greasiness and messiness.
Ive used this sunscreen for about two month now and I don't want to live without it anymore. First I used it without any other sunscreen underneath but I feel like in the summer it is better to wear it over something else. So far I didn't get any sunburns and it is very easy to apply and reapply during the day.
I also really like the finish it leaves on my skin. It is mattifies the skin while making it still look skin-like (I hope you get what I'm trying to say).
So far I didn't have problems with breakouts from this. I do have oily and acne prone skin.
The downside to this product is the price (~ 30) and availability here in Europe.
Lately I used this in combination with the Kimberly Sayer Ultra Light Facial Moisturizer - SPF 30 and it works great for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by iwearfancypants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! It's so easy to use when you're running out the door, it gives you no excuse to not protect your skin everyday.
To use: hold it upside down, gently shake it and apply generously to skin. I was skeptical at first that anything was coming out, but it is. You can see a puff of powder come from the bristle if you look closely when brushing your finger over the top (it helps to have a dark background).

This powder form of mineral spf is really convenient for daily use when you're going to be exposed to the sun. I used this everyday last summer and my extremely white skin didn't get a single burn or freckle. But I would use it IN ADDITION to something else, when you're exposed to a lot of sun for an extended period of time, like an afternoon at the beach. Although, I haven't tested it alone under extreme conditions like that, so I don't know for certain.

This is a great alternative to spf lotions in the summer, especially for people with oily skin like myself. It works immediately, no need to wait 30 minutes for it to sink in.
My only gripe is that it's pricey, but I have discovered that it'll last you. I've used the same one everyday for over 9 months and I still haven't finished it!

Other reviews complain about cracks in the packaging and powder getting loose. I have two of these that have lasted me many months and neither have cracked. Just be gentle and put it in a plastic bag if you want to keep it in your purse, just in case.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I find it difficult to get the product out of the tube and into the brush, but this is not really a dealbreaker for me. The powder is silky and works really well with my skin. I don't really spend a lot of time in the sun so I can't comment on whether this will prevent sunburn. I much prefer powder sunscreens to liquid ones, and I would buy this again. Sephora had this on sale for $12 but I'm not sure if I would pay full price for this. Great product and highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

I really really love this powder, it works really well as a mattifyer and offers some coverage. I hate the packaging though. I recommend buying a powder dispenser and putting it in that. Be careful when pulling off the end of the brush it can get messy so be careful. The brush is not good at all. Great powder product and the SPF 30 is a bonus for the Aussie hot summers. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by busyatdizzy

I finally bought this and now have a love/hate relationship with it.

I love it for the matte powder it has for my oily skin, it covers well and keeps me looking shine free for hours.

The hate I have with it is I don't like the packaging. At first it was as though I had to beat the brush to death for the powder to release. Now that I have it releasing whenever I use it, I wonder how much I have left. I think that in and of itself is what bothers me most. Spending 30.00 on this is quite pricey if you don't know for sure how long it's going to last.

Another problem I have with it is no idea how often to reapply it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

Horrible brush, terrible coverage, powder doesn't even come out. What a waste of a product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by fiafiafia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this in the mail today, and I'm really glad I bought it. adequate sun protection, easy to use and slips easily into my bag for festivals! I'm uber-fair, and although I thought the product in the tube looked too dark, it blended in well with my pale skin. I didn't find the brush especially scratchy, like a lot of people here been whinged about. The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging; if only it had a clear tube, so you could see how much product is left! other than that, i'm very pleased with my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by starlee2

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the one in the blue packaging (for oily problem skin).
This is the best sunscreen I've ever used. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin, and it's one of the few sunscreens I'm able to tolerate.
The brush is very scratchy and makes my face itch, so I bought a powder dispenser at Sephora for $4 and just pour the product in there and apply with a separate makeup brush. The bottom of the original packaging screws off, so if the packaging is ailing you, just put it in a different container.
It does have a tint to it. If you need light coverage, this should be perfect.
I thought it was a little bit expensive for so little amount of product, but it doesn't make me breakout or irritate my skin, so I'm glad.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by kareneap

I love this mineral powder! Definitely a must-have in my handbag in the Australian summer sun - is incredibly light-weight and is fantastic for dusting over makeup to top up morning sunscreen routine. My only criticism is the packaging as you can't see how much you've used or have left. Would give it the full 5 lipsticks IF the tube was clear like the new bronzing mineral SPF powder they've brought out recently. Please fix this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for $12 at Sephora recently who had a special on it, otherwise I'm not sure I'd have picked it up and that would have been a pity. Apparently, I have the tinted version (although I only saw one type which did not say tinted nor did it have a shade name or number, so I don't know what this used to be like or what else it comes in). Despite that, it's still sheer enough that it does not look tinted despite looking a bit orange against the white brush tube. It mattifies and seems to control oil really well which is great; I keep it in my makeup bag for on the go use. I recently read that titanium dioxide in powder form spreads better on the skin due to the molecules or something so it's more forgiving than its lotion version and covers a greater area with less product. I'm no scientist but I like the idea/theory. And although I'm not sure I'd rely on this for my SPF alone, it's great for applying over foundation throughout the day to touch up without getting cakey as well as add more SPF when needed. Love the vitamins and minerals in this as well, without the dreaded bismuth or other irritants my skin can't tolerate. I don't have an issue with the brush but I also don't buff it or press hard, I sweep so don't notice any scratchiness (plus for $12 I didn't expect a fancy brush but if I paid $30, I would have). Getting the powder started was a bit tricky and a little does leak out the bottom (granted, I might have accidentally twisted it when closing so we'll call that Operator Error) but overall I love the concept, it seems to work well and does what is promises so I will repurchase this when I run out.