October 31, 2014 | 891 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Azuree Soleil Skinscent Atomizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am the person who finds Azuree Soleil to mimic the woodiness of fig. On me AS smells like a close cognate of Premier Figuier. I am especially sensitive to tiare notes and generally am put off by full-blown gardenia, but this one has me totally puzzled. My reaction is the same whether I've smelled the cap, doused a dipstick, or worn the scent for an entire day layered over the oil. I bought it twice and swapped it twice.

It doesn't smell of suntans and beaches and tropical anything to me, and if it lacked the "soleil" in the name and if I hadn't read all that copy about what it was supposed to be, I'd have thought, Marvelous! Lauder has made a sappy fig frag.

Except that they haven't, despite the sense of milkiness. I even find AS to be a bit masculine, which I need to contextualize by saying that in general I gravitate towards dry chypres. This is the second part of the puzzle. I wear fragrances that are easily worn by men, and yet I don't find them masculine. I'm wondering if the combination of tiare, with its potential for mimicking gasoline, in combination with a very dry sandalwood, is responsible. AS is too sharp for me, probably because I expected something else and cannot accept its reality. Somewhere in the middle Lauder's synthetic marker appears, this time in the form of one of those water/air notes that's supposed to make a scent feel breezy and casual. There's very little development in AS, and as much as I hate to say it, I do not find it creamy. Or any stand-in for creamy, or salty or any other descriptors that get applied to beach scents. But take this with a grain of salt: I thought Bond Fire Island smelled of Ivory soap and nothing but. Therefore I can conclude I am selectively anosmic to gardenia and that this limitation has greatly affected this review.

I still say fig.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this due to all the raves on this site and just about every other site I've visited and I just didn't like it. It surprised me that I didn't. I'm a "light and air" fragrance lover and this was heavy, not a touch of sun or summer to it... just a heavy coconut. It never morphed into anything different as I hoped it would. I sprayed it on my clothing hoping it might just be my chemistry and still the same. Was so disapointed. It will be going on Ebay :(. Was at the Estee counter last night and it is identical to Bronze Goddess.... (what a name of a fragrance!) I'm still looking for something I simply love for summer but no luck yet. UPDATE: Found my HG summer fragrance - Annick Goutal L'Hadrien... Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Nesdem

It s my all time favourite in summer, an whenever i want to feel like i m at the beach! ;)
Would definitely repurchase, but as it was limited, that s not possible...
Bronze Goddes would be a good alternative, even though it s not exactly the same scent (it has more citrus notes and is not as "creamy" as azurée soleil).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by sabiveli

Great smell, my favorite one! I just have one wish - to have perfume spray so it would last a bit longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Magdalenaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it too!!! And I have good news beacuse it is comming back. It will be called Bronze Goddes this year, but it smells just like the other one. I have the spray and oil- it lasts longer when you build it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by andrea171

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was in the duty free in Cancun last week and I saw this there and rememebred its high rating and bought it unsniffed. A bold move, even for me. It's awesome. It's the only tropical scent I've been able to wear that doesn't have a fecal tang. Sometimes gardenia smells off on me but this is so smoothly blended that it's perfect. You need more than one spray to make it last but its worth it. I can't find any information about whether or not this was Limited Edition or just a seasonal product that will be back this summer. I would hope they'd bring it back as its clearly a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 2:17:00 PM More reviews by besidetheocean

After searching and searching for my perfect perfume, I have finally found it! When I was growing up, my family and I would drive to the beach on vacation every year and my favorite part of the trip was stepping out of the car and breathing in all the "beach smells". This perfume is that scent in a bottle - a light blend of salt, suntan oil and flowers that brings back good memories every time I wear it. I think that this will still be wearable throughout the winter months also. (At least I hope it will because I don't think I can stand to be without it until next summer!)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gave this a three because I'm not sure if I am crazy about it yet. It is nice, but a little thin for me, I like creamier scents, but it's pretty. I don't think it's too beachy, but I live in Florida, so it definitely is something that women here would like, all year round. It starts out on me, kind of a light gardenia with a touch of coconut, and then has a kind of incensy type of smell. It's a light type of smell, not too flowery though, but definitely feminine. I will try it a third time, usually by then, I will know one way or another if I really like it to buy it. EDIT: I went into Saks , Macy's & Nordstrum's to look for this fragrance, and they all said it was a "limited edition," and is not in stock anymore. That is unbelievable!! They put out something, that most everyone loved, and then stopped carrying it in the stores? What a racket these perfume companies are. Now they can jack up the price, and sell the remaining stock for an inflated price, that's disgusting! I'm glad I wasn't crazy about it yet, I would be furious, because I am annoyed, just on principle. Or maybe they'll just sell it in the summer, because it is considered a "summer fragrance". What a crock!!! NEWS UPDATE: I just bought a bottle off of Ebay, and it smells nice, but not totally my kind of scent, but I will wear it & enjoy it. (wouldn't repurchase I don't think, but it's a change from what I usually get) Another poster said they're bringing it back under another name, (Bronze Goddess?) I read, the new fragrance will be similar, but not exactly the same. I saw the notes, and they are somewhat different. It will still probably be a beachy kind of scent, hence the name. If it was the same exact scent, they wouldn't be changing the name. EDIT AGAIN* I don't know if it's this particular bottle, or my nose is playing tricks on me, but I find this fragrance less appealing than I first thought. It's too sharp smelling & not my cup of tea. It's something that I would think alot of younger women would like. Kind of a "now" fragrance, in it's simplicity. Beachy? Maybe, but smells like something you would smell like, right out of the shower, not soapy, but clean & feminine. UPDATE: I've had this scent for quite a while now, and just don't like it, not my kind of scent, I guess. Don't feel comfortable wearing it, and I paid quite alot for it, off of Ebay, because it was discontinued. Nobody likes it that I know. Tried to give it away, but nobody wanted it. What a waste of money...oh well...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I purchased this back in July I could not make up my mind if I liked it or not. At first it made me feel nauseous but once it settled I could not stop smelling my wrist. However, it gave me a headache with the heat and so I put it back in the box. I am wearing it again and it's perfect for winter! I usually go for more gourmand scents at this time of year - think chocolate, vanilla, almond - but I enjoy wearing this as it really cheers me up. It's very floral at first with the Tiare (love!) but becomes soft, warm and buttery after a while, not too sweet, just yummy :o) It lasts hours on my skin and it's a perfect antidote for the dull dark days of winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by carela11

I love this fragrance. It is so clean and beautiful. I wasn't even aware it was out there and I got a spritz and I fell in love. I also bought the oil to go with it. Many people say the it smell like suntan oil to them. But I can totally smell gardenias in it. Maybe a bit of coconut. The floral lingers after the cocunut though. Anyway, I'm being rebel and wearing this in fall. I love it.