July 25, 2014 | 1980 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by jess2133

I've tried this cleanser twice and both times it dried my skin out. It foams up great and does a really good job of getting rid of foundation (revlon colourstay), but after half an hour my skin felt dry and course. I haven't had a problem with other foaming cleansers I've tried, but this one just seems too harsh for my skin. I now use this to clean my smaller brushes, which works pretty well.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only used this twice, so normally i wouldn't review a product yet, but i'm just not impressed with this product already. Generally if i'm buying something that says "foaming" i'm buying it because i want a foaming product. Not the case with this at all, so i'm already annoyed. It literally doesn't even foam a little. It lathers and is more of a cream like consistency. It works with my Olay Pro-X Brush fine, but still not what i was expecting. My second complaint is the smell. I don't think I've ever been bothered by a skincare product smell before, generally i find something fresh about it and don't really think about it again but the smell of this is just gross to me. It has a "New Car" smell in my opinion, which normally sounds great...If i had a new car. I don't really feel like putting that smell on my face however. This could be the best cleanser ever but i'm just already thoroughly disappointed with it so i don't know if i'll even continue use. Thankfully its pretty cheap. Probably the only Pro in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product. I would alternate between using it alone or with my Clairsonic Mia. It worked great both ways. It doesn't foam up right away or much at all; more like develops into a nice lather. It's not actually soap, so the packaging says you can rub it over your eyes to skip makeup remover. I could never get into the habit of rubbing a cleaner on my eyes and would use wipes on my eyes before using the cleanser. It removed the rest of my makeup well too. My face felt fresh and clean after use. Definitely will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by avastefani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to be honest and say that I hate some of neutragena cleansers because it tends to break me out, but not in this case at all. I love how this cleanser doesn't break me out or cause irritation which is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

It didn't foam up at all for me. I felt like I had to use a lot to get my face clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Spfeif82

This is a great cleanser. It actually removes my eye makeup. Admittedly, I do not wear waterproof eyeliner or mascara, but my eye makeup also usually isn't smudging by the end of the day, so I assume that it has pretty good staying power and with a few quick massages over my eyes it all washes away.

I do probably spend a little extra time massaging the cleanser around my face, but for how clean my face feels, (and how non-drying this face wash is also) I don't mind. I always though Neutrogena products were very overrated, and I bought this out of desperation while it was on sale at the grocery store. I was shocked to find that it works as well as it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Maple26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

GREAT stuff! It is reliable, easy to use and takes off all my makeup (including eye make-up)! It doesn't strip off your face it feels quite moisturizing when you apply it on your face and start working it in, it doesn't foam up like you would think it's actually thick and creamy which is nice (I steered away from this product specifically cos it said foaming which makes me think DRY!!!!). It doesn't leave me all tight and dry. I was so desperate for a make-up cleanser cos I was always using make-up wipes which is totally bad for your skin... and i came across this on paulaschoice.com it had a good rating so i went out and bought it! Glad I did =)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Revlon Colorstay foundation daily and need a good makeup remover so I decided to try this. It gets off face makeup really well but is a little harsh for my sensitive eyes. It is also somewhat drying for me so I don't use it as a regular cleanser. I just use it occasionally because I prefer the Neutrogena makeup removing wipes but I would repurchase to have it around. Packaging is nice, price is decent (about $5.99?). Would recommend if you are looking for a cheap, simple makeup remover and you don't have dry or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ajj0061

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser originally because I wanted a cleanser that would remove my makeup. I just happened to see that it said it would remove makeup on the bottle and took a chance. That was about 9 years ago!

If I'm wearing eye makeup, I use the Neutrogena eye makeup remover with a cotton pad, and then I follow up with this cleanser. If I'm wearing super heavy makeup, I wash twice, just in case! All makeup is removed and my skin is happy :)

It is so important to remove makeup every single night and this definitely does the job. Having makeup on the skin over night may cause more acne or lead to clogged pores and wrinkles! YIKES!

This cleanser may be too drying to those with dry skin, but I have oily skin so this has not been an issue for me. I just thought I would warn you.

Overall, it's a great cleanser, and it's super convenient to find at any grocery store. I would highly recommend this, esp to those who wear daily makeup and have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 More reviews by KarenNguyen2000

The first time I used this product was 5 years ago at my parents house and loved it! I am a big saver and would rather use up all the old cleanser that I have than throw it away because it does not perform to standard but rather find ways to save money like use baby oil to remove the darker make up.

I am Asian with light to medium skin and wear mac black eye liner daily and sometimes apply two to three strokes of mascara on special occasions.We all know how difficult it is to remove the black eye liner and mascara. Using baby oil works great on the eyes as well as removing foundation, the only flaw is that my face becomes oily even after rinsing and washing it with other face cleanser.

Yesterday I decided to go out to Walmart to buy the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser even though I have 2 brand new bottles of Aveeno cleanser that were given to me as a gift. I haven't used the Aveeno cleanser before so I do not know how it performs in removing make up. I know from experience that Neurtogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser - make up remover works for me so I made my decision to spend the $10 and save time in washing my face just once instead of 2-3 times with my old cleanser.

Bottom line is, this product works well for me in removing make up. I only need to wash my face once and all the make up is off my face. If you decide to wear a lot of mascara, eye shadow and line for a special evening out, you may need to wash it twice. I would highly recommend it those who have had the same experience as me in having to wash their face 2-3 times to remove their make up. I hope this review is helpful for you in making a smart purchasing decision. I would suggest if you had a friend who has this face wash, to test it out on your skin and then make the decision. Best of luck!!