Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean

3.7

on 11/15/2009 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I got a sample of this--I'm not sure why or when or how--and I loved it. Loved it so much I bought the 3.3 oz size (before you could get them cheap online or at TJ's)... and have since discovered that I don't like it at all.

On my skin, this fragrance begins extremely sharp; no one note stands out, but I suspect it contains Calone. The dry-down is the best aspect (which comes out after a few hours on me) and is warm, vanilla-y, and musky.

The simplicity of the bottle is nice, but the cap is cheap coated plastic.

on 5/29/2009 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I first caught a whiff of this while I was talking a walk through the perfume section at Macy's..I thought I had died and gone to heaven it smelled sooo good! Anyway I purchased it and could not wait to go to work and have people compliment me. I did not get one compliment at all..the reason is that the smell fades quickly! By the time I get to work it's already faded into a super light scent..and that with the fact that I spray myself and my clothes. Too bad I love the smell but it does not last!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a marine fragrance done right! From the bottle to the aquatic breezy sophisticated scent, this is fabulous and stands out from the other blue fragrances on the market today. EDIT: WOW now I think it is just awful. My apologies to anyone who read this and took it into consideration.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm finally getting around to review this. I must admit I was completely caught off guard with this scent. I was pregnant in spring/summer '08 looking for a clean scent that wasn't too harsh and ozonic to my then extremely sensitive pregnant nose. I sampled this at Macy's and became smitten with it. I was blessed enough to get this as a generous extra in a swap.

The notes are I read that are in it from fragrance.net top notes: peach nectar sorbet, sicilian mandarin and damask plum; middle notes: wisteria, star magnolia and madagascar orchid; basenotes: sandalwood, musk and amber. Wow, no ozonic watery notes; yet, it's very fresh but not too crisp and surprisingly easy to wear.

After reading the previous views (and the very mixed reactions), it's obvious body chemistry plays an important part of what one perceives and gets from a fragrance. First of all, it lasts quite a long time on me-- I did give myself 7 spritzes an hour before walking out the house. Seven hours later at work I could still smell it. Eventhough I do get a slightly sweet & fruity floral drydown on it, I don't find it cloying. The basenotes round it out wonderfully and in my opinion, keep it from going too fruity sweet.

Overall, an almost non-offensive spring/summer scent that can be easily worn day or night. While I hadn't gotten any compliments on this, no one has wrinkled there nose up going "ewww, whose perfume is that?". Now that this is found in Marshall & TJ Maxx's at a substantial discount, I can see myself purchasing this once I finish this .33oz bottle I have.

on 3/24/2009 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this! I sampled it last summer and thought it was nice, but not worth the price tag... but good things come to those who wait! I found this yesterday at my local Marshall's and snatched it up, hoping I still liked it (not wanting another experience like my one with HDuff's). I have now learned the diff between an edp and an edt. Most of my frags are edts so I was unprepared for the INTENSE perfume smell at first. Once it dried down, there was the lovely vanilla floral smell that I remembered from last summer. I want to lick myself whenever I wear it, it's that good! For $16.99 at 1.7 oz, not bad! For reference, I smell best with sweet, musky, and gourmand scents.
Update: I have determined the best way to wear this is to either spray my scarf or to spray myself and then drive with the windows down. That way the intense part doesn't stay on me.

on 3/16/2009 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Elizabeth Arden's Mediterranean is a very nice spring/summer scent. It thankfully does not have an ozonic note nor coconut or pinneapple notes that so many fragrances geared for warm weather have. Instead this smells bright with melange of flowers, fruits and a light musk base. The bottle is pretty and evocative of the Meditteranean.

on 2/5/2009 9:57:00 PM

My new favorite! I think this lasts and it smells like a marine scent very fresh and a little bit fruity.I love the packaging and bottle.It is like a icy blue gem sitting on top a silver platform.Very nice scent, not for winter though.I want a big bottle,I have the 1.7 oz I got from Marshalls for 16.99. I like this so much I would order at full price from E. Arden's website I want the gift set! I really like this perfume.UPDATE: I found the 3.3 oz gift set at TJ Maxx for 25.00! Great deal! Great deal! The lotion smells soooooooo good! This fragrance is so nice I reccomend everyone at least try it! It reminds me of the pool in the summer it has that watery marine-ish scent that I don't normally get because I live in the hustle and bustle of the city! But really though it is a nice fragrance and the bottle is my favorite so simple but pretty!

on 1/20/2009 8:17:00 PM

Wow Wow Wow this is amazing. I think this is a perfect spring/summer scent. I get mostly fruit in the beginning (plum sweetness) When applied lightly this is really refreshing. I like the sweet notes on top but then it turns slightly woody, musky. I do like this scent but too much of it can ruin it for my nose. I love the little blue bottle too.

on 12/9/2008 12:22:00 AM

Smells boring and unisex. Boo to the aquatic florals!!!!
I gave it to my sister (who is younger and douses herself in any perfume) she likes it.

Go for 'True Love' instead! Much more womanly and special.

on 11/11/2008 2:06:00 PM

I love this perfume... its just not overpowering in any way and it smells to me like summer.

Popular Fragrances