April 23, 2014 | 1869 users online

Masks - LUSH - Love Lettuce Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by automatiqhigh

The first time I opened the package, it smelled weird to me but not too overwhelming. I know the name mentions lettuce but really, there is no lettuce at all. It's just a mix of kaolin, lavender oil, almond oil and a bunch of other ingredients. Most of these items are mostly natural ingredients that will aid in extracting excess sebum from your face.

I like the feeling while washing it off, it feels like I'm exfoliating at the same time so I can skip my daily facial scrub for that day. After removing it, the effect is almost immediate. My skin feels smoother but not tight like what other masks will make you feel. Just the right amount of smoothness which makes you want to touch your face over and over again. Creepy, I know right?

The only downside to this is, like any other Lush products, the price is quite steep as compared to other masks. I got this for $25 a 75g tub. A tub can be used for 7 times or so, depending on how much you use at a time. Also, there is an expiry date to their masks. If you don't use it within a month, you're going to be welcome by a tub of mouldy substance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Stg16

I love this mask! Love lettuce by Lush is exactly what I look for in a face mask. It smells and feels very fresh, it does not dry out the skin or burn like some chemical masks do and it works! I have found that my skin which is prone to the odd spot and blackheads does look noticeably clearer and feels softer. I use the mask twice a week before bed and my skin feels extremely soft afterwards. The mask smells strongly of lavender and it is therefore easy to relax whilst wearing it. The mask is designed to be kept in the fridge as it is all natural ingredients, therefore it is always very cooling when put on the skin. I find that it evens out my complexion and the almond shell pieces within the mask help to gently exfoliate away dead skin cells. Overall it is probably the best face mask I have ever used... The only negatives would be that for the size of the pot it is a little expensive (£5.99 for a small tub) However I do think it is money well spent and it does last for the full three weeks of its use by date if you use it twice weekly. Go in store and ask to sample it, the sales assistant in the London Westfield store gave me a full demonstration of all the masks... I decided that this suited me best!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by xxjenner

This was my first ever lush product I purchased and let me tell you, it is amazing. The smell of intriguing lavender in a green mush that has all sorts of natural oils and almond shells to help exfoliate your skin. It's 6.95 per pot but it's totally worth it because it lasts for 8-10 masks for me. Btw it only lasts for 2 weeks but whateves. I use it everyday because I feel like it does wonders for my dry skin and little bumps on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Adnama2250

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the BEST product i ever used from lush (for the face). This mask smells fantastic and is great to put on after a stressful day. The almond pieces really exfoliate my skin and makes it feel soft and smooth. I dont recomend for those with sensitive or acne prone skin. Overall my favorite mask ive ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by fishereliza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in love with this mask! The first thing i noticed was the smell (which is ah-mazing). It smells like fresh cut lavender and some other kind of earthy green. Totally makes me think of a spa. But the real star is the mask, it dries quickly and i took it off after the max 10 minutes every time, put the cap on the pot (even though it stayed in the fridge for the full two weeks, the packaging kept it just as fresh as when i first bought it), and stuck it in the fridge. I'll be honest here, the first time I used it I was not impressed. My skin was about the same as if I had just washed it. Granted it smelled like an herb garden (in a good way). But after about 8 or so days (using it once every day) I noticed the acne on my forehead (that had been red and irritated just the week before) was diminishing. And today all of the acne is totally gone. Snaps for you lush, great product.

DISCLAMER: I was also using the bioderma sebium and a spot treatment from kiehls, so I cant give all of the credit to the mask. Granted, the bioderma and the spot treatment had done very little the weeks before. (So i honestly do think the mask is the reason for my skin clearing up)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this for free at Lush, because I bought over a certain price number. I had to use it in a week because it's a fresh mask, which I think was a downside to this product (I think they normally last 3 weeks, but mine must have been an older one), but I used it 2 times and I really liked it! It's green and have something exfoliating in it. It has a suddle lavender scent, that I love. It's also supposed to calm down the skin, but I'm not quite sure it does. My skin was a little red after I used it, but it luckly went away again!

Overall a nice product, but you have to use it within a few weeks as I said and that's kinda annoying. (but it's nice to know that it's fresh and new)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

Felt gentle and refreshing on my combination skin. It smells fresh and clean, is easy to put on and take off and left my face feeling soft without feeling tight.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by jennbebee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HELLO :)

I have never used a mask from lush before-i have always used the mint julep masque...anyway i purchased this one and also got the mask of magnaminty as a sample (because i wasn't going to spend my $$ on a huge tub of product when i have no clue how it works) LOVE lush for this :)

as soon as i got home i used my ULTRABLAND to wash my face (also from lush)
then applied LOVE LETTUCE ...left it on for about 15 mins then washed my face. I LOVED the way my face felt with and then w/o the mask after washing it off. it seriously helped my blackheads on my nose that have been there forever.
i have tried everything i can to get them out. nothing worked for me til i tried this routine.

LITERALLY since my blackheads were so deep in -- once i washed my face off with LOVE LETTUCE all i needed to do was flick them off (i know gross but funny)
It helped so much to exfoliate my face enough where it isn't so harsh on my skin and it brought all the dirt and diberis UP from deep within my pores!

my nose has never looked better and CLEAR!!!!

------
onto mask of magnaminty---i used this mask about a week later -- felt ok on my skin.
after washing it off, my face felt clean and soft.
i really think my face just fell in love w/LOVE LETTUCE.

try it-u wont be disappointed.
just make sure u use it 2-3 a week to get the entire use to the tub.
its fresh, amazing, and good for the price. ($6.95) a 2.1 oz tub

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by rawritsxreptar

I have tried this mask & the Catastrophic Cosmetic mask, thus far from this collection, and I would say this one performs best! The exfoliation is wonderful after breathing in the relaxing, fresh scent for the duration applied. It helped calm my acne down a bit by healing existing spots more quickly. I would purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Completely obsessed with this mask. I love that it's all natural and doesn't use any harsh chemicals. I use this mask maybe 2-3 times a week. I have noticed it has made a difference in my skin. It goes on nice and smooth and has the cooling effect (since you need to keep it refrigerated). I leave it on for 15-20 minutes then rinse it off. I love that it acts as an exfoliator when washing it off. It leaves my skin feeling so nice, smooth and supple. Only downside is that it has an expiration date so I end up throwing away some of the product, but its understandable since there are active ingredients in the mask.