September 16, 2014 | 1760 users online

Masks - LUSH - Love Lettuce Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After being glad to have used Brazened Honey I wondered about and started to try this product. I really liked it too :) It has a nice fresh lavender smell. Overall the effects were similar to Brazened Honey( soothing, softening, cleaning, relieving). There are just two differences, gentler peeling and easier application. In contrast to that Brazened Honey was like a dough, Love Lettuce is creamy hence it is easier to apply it. So I am again glad to have used another Lush mask.

p.s.: If you have acne-prone skin don't rinse it off by massaging the regions with acne. It can spread it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love Lettuce has nice texture, a bearable smell and good results.

** I have these annoying dry patches due to using Tretinoin to treat my acne. I tried many times with the Clinique Exfoliating Scrub to get rid of them, with little to no effect. But one time I slabbed Love Lettuce on and let it settle, the results were very good. I highly recommend this stuff but not as a stand-alone if you know what I mean...**

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Ramalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this 6 times now and feel I can make a justified review. I have combination skin with the odd monthly breakout and my skin has a tendency to be quite dull and lifeless. This mask is AMAZING. I got a sample of it before I bought it and the tiny sample lasted for 2 masks... So a little goes a long way! The smell of love lettuce is light, fresh and totally inviting. Since I use it straight from there fridge it feels super cooling and a little tingly when I apply it. I leave it on for 10 minutes where it kinda dries on my face. I remove it with a warm wash cloth in round circles so the almond pieces give me a bit of exfoliation. After my first use I noticed a remarkable difference. The spots I had at the time had decreased in size and red ness. My skin looked super clean, fresh and full of life. The next 5 times I used this it just kept getting better and better. I couldn't fault this product, and my skin has never felt the same! The short shelf life (3 weeks for most fresh lush masks) is acceptable, as this just reminds me and encourages me to use it at least 3 times a week!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. This was alright, but I prefer other Lush face masks. I didn't see a huge difference when using it unfortunately, but I wouldn't say it's bad. I could see how other people like it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i usually get mask of magnity but they were out of it so this product was recommended and i LOVE it!
i always buy LUSH products so when i take back 5 pots i always get this for free <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl23

Best facial mask at lush..period. This and cupcake are the usual go-to masks for my oily acne prone face. I think LL is better than cupcake due to the fact that its more lightweight and it scrubs my face leaving me with beautiful radiant skin. I wash my face with either herbalism or ocean salt, pat dry, leave this on for about 10 minutes, take it off with a washcloth massaging my face with the ground almonds, tone with eau Roma and moisturize with cl unique dramatically different gel and my face feels so brand new and soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

First Impression:
The smell of Love Lettuce is light and fresh, not at all bothersome to me in the least bit. It is a dark green color which resembles nearly every other face mask I have used, the only difference being the presence of ground almonds; which I was skeptical of at first, not wanting to over-exfoliate my face or irritate my skin. This product comes in a cute little black jar like most LUSH products (which by the way, if you save five of the pots and return them to LUSH, you get a fresh face mask FREE!).

My Review:
Let me just start off by saying, I am in LOVE with this mask! I have only used it four times so far (I use a face mask three times a week), so if anything changes, I will definitely be back to edit. Before I found this, I was using Mario Badescu's Flower and Tonic mask which had begun to grow on me, once I got past the tight feeling of it on my face, the weird film it seemed to leave behind, and how nearly IMPOSSIBLE it was to rinse completely off my face. I just didn't know what I was missing before this! I had originally planned to go with Catastrophe Cosmetic from LUSH instead of Love Lettuce, and now, I am glad that I did not.

To use this product, I just washed my face as normal (using Mario Badescu's Botanical Facial Gel with my Clarisonic Mia 2), used a generous amount of this mask after drying my face, left on for the recommended ten minutes and then rinsed off (So far, I have had no issues with the mask flaking or clumping due to talking while it hardens like some other reviews that I have read. Although, I am a bit confused as to why some say that they leave it on longer than the ten minutes... If I leave it on and the product dries, it does not exfoliate as well, instead it kinda just clumps up and is disgusting...). And by rinsed off, I mean added some warm water and went to town massaging and rubbing this on my face. It couldn't get any better than this mask and exfoiator combo. The almonds are not harsh and did not affect my face negatively whatsoever (note: I do not have sensitive skin, although I can't imagine this bothering someone who does). Immediately after I rinsed the mask off completely, I could feel a difference in my skin. My skin felt softer and appeared less dull, and red/uneven spots were not as noticeable. I complete my nighttime skincare routine by following this product up with Lush's Eau Roma Water, Full of Grace serum, and Vanishing Cream (Even though I feel like a moisturizer may not be necessary, my skin just feels THAT good.

Product Claims:
-Scoops up oil, dirt, and debris and washes it all away: True. I wash my face before I use this, but by the time I go to rinse it off, my face looks more radiant than before.
-Removes buildup of dead skin cells that can clog your pores and cause imbalances: True. Like I said, my skin looks so much better after use of this product. And I truly believe that it is not just a temporary fix. My skin has never been so smooth, I have not had a pimple even once since I started using this mask,and the dull spots on my skin are gone!
-Balance an oily T-zone and ease any inflammation: True. YES YES YES, I think I have gone over this enough!
-Suitable for all skin types: True. I have combination/oily skin, but I do not find this product drying AT ALL, so I think that even those with dry skin would have amazing results with this product.

Final Thoughts:
I would not consider the price of this product to be a downside. In fact, $6.95 USD for a mask cannot be beat in my opinion. Yes, the jar is a little unsanitary, but what can you do. Nearly all masks I have ever used come that way, so I just deal with it. The only downside, which again, really is not that bad in my opinion, is the lifespan of the product. It is only good for a few weeks before it goes bad, which I justify by knowing that it is all fresh and natural ingredients. Which sucks because LUSH does not sell their fresh face masks online, and the nearest store is about an hour away. Regardless, I will definitely be repurchasing this product when I run out, there is no question in my mind about that!

Ingredients:
Agar Agar Gel, Kaolin, Honey (Mel), Fullers Earth, Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almond Shells (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chlorophyllin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by automatiqhigh

The first time I opened the package, it smelled weird to me but not too overwhelming. I know the name mentions lettuce but really, there is no lettuce at all. It's just a mix of kaolin, lavender oil, almond oil and a bunch of other ingredients. Most of these items are mostly natural ingredients that will aid in extracting excess sebum from your face.

I like the feeling while washing it off, it feels like I'm exfoliating at the same time so I can skip my daily facial scrub for that day. After removing it, the effect is almost immediate. My skin feels smoother but not tight like what other masks will make you feel. Just the right amount of smoothness which makes you want to touch your face over and over again. Creepy, I know right?

The only downside to this is, like any other Lush products, the price is quite steep as compared to other masks. I got this for $25 a 75g tub. A tub can be used for 7 times or so, depending on how much you use at a time. Also, there is an expiry date to their masks. If you don't use it within a month, you're going to be welcome by a tub of mouldy substance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Stg16

I love this mask! Love lettuce by Lush is exactly what I look for in a face mask. It smells and feels very fresh, it does not dry out the skin or burn like some chemical masks do and it works! I have found that my skin which is prone to the odd spot and blackheads does look noticeably clearer and feels softer. I use the mask twice a week before bed and my skin feels extremely soft afterwards. The mask smells strongly of lavender and it is therefore easy to relax whilst wearing it. The mask is designed to be kept in the fridge as it is all natural ingredients, therefore it is always very cooling when put on the skin. I find that it evens out my complexion and the almond shell pieces within the mask help to gently exfoliate away dead skin cells. Overall it is probably the best face mask I have ever used... The only negatives would be that for the size of the pot it is a little expensive (£5.99 for a small tub) However I do think it is money well spent and it does last for the full three weeks of its use by date if you use it twice weekly. Go in store and ask to sample it, the sales assistant in the London Westfield store gave me a full demonstration of all the masks... I decided that this suited me best!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by xxjenner

This was my first ever lush product I purchased and let me tell you, it is amazing. The smell of intriguing lavender in a green mush that has all sorts of natural oils and almond shells to help exfoliate your skin. It's 6.95 per pot but it's totally worth it because it lasts for 8-10 masks for me. Btw it only lasts for 2 weeks but whateves. I use it everyday because I feel like it does wonders for my dry skin and little bumps on my face.