August 28, 2014 | 1169 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by megumiforyou

I've been using this powder for a couple of years now and I swear by it. Seriously, much better than any other mineral foundation I've ever tried. The price is a little expensive, but you get what you pay for, and there is a lot of product in the containers. They usually last me about 3-4 months, and I use it almost every day and use kind of a lot, since I use it as my foundation.
I have really sensitive, normal-dry skin, that breaks out if I try anything new. This never once broke me out, and covered up my red cheeks in a really natural way. Doesn't settle and get blotchy like some other makeups do.
I highly recommend this, and wish I had all the money in the world to buy LM products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by creyna87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Skin: Very sensitive-Oily-Acne prone (due to hormones or sensitivity)
Color: Real sand
I LOVE this foundation. I recently switched from liquid to powder.
-Dont need alot to get full coverage look; a little goes a long way
-covers blemishes and dark scarring without using concealer.
-Has a matte finish with a soft glow (not over shimmery).
-Had no negative reaction to this product
-Never feel like I have it caked on nor does it look cakey even after my face gets oily

I get pretty nervous using a new product because I don't just break out here and there I will break out in a painful rash of small under the skin pimples and all over my face or I'll get big painful cystic acne. My skin is so sensitive I can not use Aveeno, Cetaphil and can no longer use Simple face wash.

OIL AT BAY: IDK if this product has an ingredient that helps with oil control but it's not getting as oily as quickly as it used to. It's not advertised as so. My skin care routine seems to be working with my skin issues and my skin has cleared up in no time.

Routine: Olay foaming face wash sensitive skin morning&night
Palmer's skin success fade cream at night
Simple light moisturizer in the morning
Almay Luminous CC primer before applying make up

Advisement: after years of having problem skin I realized that some product dont mix well with others and can cause additional oiliness/dryness/ irritation. As you can see in my routine I use no products that are for controlling acne and my face now seems to be doing fine.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by june0626

Got it as a foundation after my skin recovers from irritation. the powder itself is soft and silky on the skin, a tiny bit is enough for a medium coverage. it contains shimmers that leaves the right amount of sheen to the skin but not shiny. I use a kabuki brush for the face and a small fluffy brush for spot concealing under the eyes and scarring. I love it for a natural every day look for school. It cuts down the time for foundation. Given the amount of product, it would last for a long time and it definitely worth the try. I heard complaints of this highlighting pores, therefore Girls with larger pores might need a pore-minimizing primer and more buffing in.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by tvall

Let me give you a bit of background - In just over 2 years I have bought this powder 3 times, using it EVERYDAY to either set make up or wearing it alone. It last the longest I've ever known a make up product to last for.

This powder is amazing, although it's slightly pricy (at around $40 after tax)... When finishing up my last pot I decided to buy Mac's mineralise skin finish natural as it was cheaper and I couldn't face paying the money for the LM one. Although I really liked the Mac one at first, I have now decided enough is enough and I purchased my 4th tub, LM you are now back in my life. (Prompting me to write this review)

I cannot believe I ever strayed away!! Seriously girls, this mineral powder gives you absolutely flawless coverage, its slightly luminous (no glitter or sparkle though… *shudder*), last all day and I mean ALL DAY. Its never cakey, doesn't cling to dry patches, very pigmented and soft and doesn't clog pores.

Its seriously the best mineral powder I've tried, it as very few ingredients which makes it good for my sensitive skin.

And for reference I either use it alone when I can't be um bothered…. But I do prefer it to set my foundation (I'm a full coverage kind of girl). I use the TINIEST amount and buff it over my face with a real techniques large powder brush. And like I said the only word to describe it is flawless!

(PS packaging only got 3 lippies as its so bulky, but then I suppose it is a loose powder)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by angiedairou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I apply it over the tinted moisturizer. It provides the perfect coverage for my slightly dry over 40 complexion. I was having a terrible time find a foundation that covered without drying my skin. Love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by lotsflo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really good product: I am very fussy with foundations - they have to be perfect!

I have combination skin; sometimes dry around my cheeks and forehead but slightly oily in the middle. I have very pale skin and Real Sand seems to be the perfect shade for me; however, I do look slightly orange if too much is applied!

I use a big, soft face brush to apply this - I buff the brush in the powder and tap off any excess and then I buff it onto my face - sections at a time.

The finish of this product is so so beautiful - radiant and glowing on the skin! Sometimes during the day (after 5ish hours after applying) it does need touching up a little - either that or just let it rub off naturally so that you have less coverage (this doesn't bother me too much towards the end of the day).

It's also very good if you are prone to the odd break out like me! I tend to get a few spots around my chin area and when I use this product, over time they go away and don't tend to come back!

The only downside about this product is the price - I tend to ask for it for birthday and Christmas etc. And it doesn't last a particularly long time either - around 3 months.

Summary:

Pros = beautiful finish, excellent coverage, radiant and glowing look to the skin, easy to apply, good packaging.

Cons = quite expensive, doesn't last a particularly long time (around 3 months), does rub off slightly during the day.

I have been using this for about 4 years and always repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by breebree89

After reading all the great reviews about this product, I decided to give a shot since EM changed their formula and the quality decreased. I wore this foundation twice in a week and unfortunately it broke me out :( I usually only get hormonal break outs, so it's definitely the powder.
I did like the wear/coverage and the shade matched me good. Gonna have to return this sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by sparklezandbutterflies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never tried using this as foundation, simply because I prefer liquid foundation as my base. What I do use it as though is finishing powder to set my foundation. This makes me look luminous, glowing and flawless. It also makes my foundation look a lot more natural and skin-like. I use the color Rich Vanilla which suits me only in Winter (MAC NC40 –NC42) I get a lot darker in summer and cannot find a matching shade in this product for my summer color. I can’t rave enough about this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I bought this to use it on top of my foundation as a finishing powder based on some great reviews on Youtube and returned it immediately. First of all, the color I had was classic beige and was too dark and pinkish on me, I don't really like loose powder and didn't do anything for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go- to mineral powder for touch ups during the day/ eve (I find it a bit heavy to put on directly after foundation in the morning as its a powder foundation so would be doubling up)
I'm conscious of caking / powder sitting in fine lines as I'm in my 40's but this gives a lovely velvet finish - its a little pricey but some things are worth every penny & this is one of them & a little goes a long way