November 23, 2014 | 1926 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Douce 30 Rosee

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by catnap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been looking for a new highlighter (i was previously using YSL touche eclat #2 for the past year) to bring some life to my haggard-looking 34 yr old light/fair asian complexion . i have pretty bad dark circles and redness around the nose and under the chin . within the past week or two, i've tried Benefit High Beam, Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder in Pink Fresh (smells very pretty, lovely texture, but i think its more of a shimmery blush since there's too much color/pigmentation to be a 'true' highlighter), and Chanel Poudre Douce 30 Rosee . Out of the above three, i have to say i like the Rosee least. Because:

1. i can hardly see any effect (i.e., glow/highlighted area) in indoor lighting - this stuff looks bright pink in the container but dissappears on my skin (perhaps darker skintones can benefit from this) no matter how many layers (of Rosee) i put on (using the attached brush and/or my fingers).

2. super glittery in direct sunlight (NO color whatsoever, or healthy shimmers, just alot of GLITTERS) - not attractive or natural to me .

Back to Chanel counter it goes .

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by MeredithPB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Still on the fence about this product. I will continue to use as I have an almost brand new compact, but I do not think I will repurchase. Instead of using this in the mornings, I have switched to sticking it in my makeup bag and using for touch ups only. When I was using it to set my makeup, I felt as though it made me look a little too pale. In my bathroom lighting it looked great, but when I got in the car, and in natural lighting, I felt overly pale, even when I used a bronzer. I do have a little more color now than usual (BB Warm Beige), so I may love this in the winter (normally BB Sand) when I am more fair. I really want to like this, as the other reviewers raved about it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by aizen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

at first I am NC10-15,
everybody well said about this powder in here,
so I just add bit my revew.
I am huge fun of loose & Pressed powder because I don't wear foundation. 1.apply sunblock 2. powder.

I've tried lot lot of Asian & USA & Euro brand powder's past 20 years.

this is one of * Best 5 *pressed powder I ever used.
most important thing about powder to me ( pressed & loose) is if it's makes skin look flawless and glowy finish and Natural look.
this is the one! it's not too much illuminating ,
you can make your skin looks not only soft foucus finish but soft glowy. like your skin looks beautiful as smooth as sleek silk.
I apply this powder by everydaymineral's flat top brush or mac 187.
you can make gorgeous natural glowy looks if you apply it on neck and ear too.
about price, to me it's not expensive if you can have gorgeous
porcelain skin finish by $50,
Rossy is very light cool pink tone ,so it's not good for someone
who has yellow tone & mid color skin tone.

big pic is in my profile.
also pic compare with chanel poudre douce Almond / Lilas / Peche Tndre.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by socalsuperstar

I bought this powder on a whim during a recent shopping trip. I have combination skin and I am a retin A user. I have neutral neither warm nor cool skin thats neither pale nor tan. I am a Laura Mercier nude, Bobbi Brown Sand, GA LSF 4.5 MAC NW25 for reference. I was looking for a powder that would not leave me dry or cakey. I checked out the poudre douce colors based on the MUA reviews. I tried the peach first and thought it was ok, but a little off. When I saw the Rosee I was like, yeah right? It looked ballerina pink and I thought if anything it would whiten my complexion which I did not want. At the suggestion of the salesperson I tried on the Rosee. I was completely surprised. My skin appeared even and flawless. It did not shine, but glowed if that makes any sense. When I got to work my coworkers said something was different, that I looked awake. I wanted to be sure it was the powder but I have gotten compliments similar from others. The compact and powder are very pretty. I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 6:06:00 AM More reviews by naesther

Love this product. I can defiately see the difference between with and without this product. My complexion is kinda more pale/white than normal Asians' and with freckles. It's really sheer and evens out different tones in my face. I usually wear foundations, cheek blush, and mascara (My moto is keep it simple!!). By applying this powder, I don't look like person who only applied foundations. If you love naked natural luminous white make-ups (the typical Asian makeup style), this is the perfect powder!! Although it is really pricy -_-

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll just be repeating what everyone else is saying, but here I go:

Poudre Douce 30 Rosee:

This is the most expensive finishing powder I've ever owned. I have tried all the mid price range ones (just look at my notepad), all colors, from lavender to pink and everything in between, and there is NOTHING else like this. It's a combination of the perfect shade of pastel pink, the microfine particles, the light fragrance and the amazing ability to provide luminosity without having the particles settle into fine lines. (I don't know HOW they do it ...) Like another reviewer said, it takes YEARS off of you and the skin does not look matte or flat. I will NOT leave home without wearing this. I wear it during all seasons, but it works the best in the summertime! I just glow and glow and glow!!! It is pricey but worth it. A true winnner.

The only thing I don't like about it is it comes with a brush that is not easily stored. It also applies better with a flocked sponge. Even though that gives it a heavier finish, I still look luminous! Pure Genius!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after dropping the thought of buying Benefit's "Georgia" or "Dallas", respectively. I was looking for a beauty powder that leaves a very subtle wash of colour (if any at all) and simply makes my skin look more vibrant and alive. I'm a very pale girl and often my skin looks dull and simply dead. Can't have that, won't have that. I've been experimenting with all kinds of powders so far: from Dianne Brill's Fresh Water Pearl Finish in "Baroque Pearl" to Benefits "Bluff Dust". I've been satisfied with all of them, but was still looking for something else. That little bit of "more". Whenever I look at gorgeous girls like Liv Tyler, I wonder why they appear so elven, so pale and yet so lively.
Anyway, this powder finally does the trick for me. It does appear slightly pink in the pan, but leaves hardly any colour on the face. It simply evens out the skin tone, adds a lovely, very subtle shimmer (I couldn't find any glitter on my face, like so many other reviewers apparently did) and turns my often tired and dull complexion into that of a porcelain doll: sophisticated, rested, happy, glowing. Chanel's Poudre Douce in "Rosée" is everything I expected from a skin enhancing product. Finally I found my elven secret. Totally in love with this. Will buy again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: This powder does nothing for an oily T-zone, which I have now that it is summer.

I am *so* loving this powder! For me, it pulls everything together to give me a finished, almost airbrushed look. Yes, I still have pores on my forehead, but who is looking at that when my skin is even and luminous? Tell me, who? While it is expensive ($50), a little goes a long way, it comes with a brush, and I *will* use this every day...and, I do. I have combo skin...not sure how this will work for oily skinned girls. I really think that would depend on the skincare and foundation used. BTW: The Peche is much darker than I thought it would be...much better for medium to darker skins. The Rosee has a pinkish hue to it, but does not make my skin look pinky in any way. Glowy, yes, but pinky, no. The Almond is SUPER shimmery and is a highlighting powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The texture is silky and lovely, but it makes my skin rather pinky and off. It accentuates the darkness but doesn't tone down the redness, leaving my face a bit of a mess. I won't be purchasing, but I do seem to like the Lilas and will test that again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by figtart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir! It's odd that Chanel uses the name "Rosee" for this product, since you would expect it to be on the pinkish side, but instead, this is quite milky pale - too ghostly even for my pale self!

It's hard not to love most Chanel products - they're beautifully packaged and are of high quality. But this one just didn't do it for me. As some others have mentioned, it's too pale and sparkley, so it's time to resume my hunt for a great pressed powder.