September 3, 2014 | 1061 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

I use this brush everyday for my highlighter shadow. It covers a large area of lid very quickly and provides nice coverage. It really is very big; I would suggest seeing it in person before you order it of watching a video review online. This is definitely meant for covering larger areas. I wouldn't say it is a must-have brush, but if your budget allows (because it's quite expensive!) I might splurge if you think you would get a lot of use from it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Kayla25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this brush!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this brush so much that I purchased a second, one for eyes and the other for applying highlighter to my face. This brush is dense, but soft and perfect for powder products. Great investment and a must have in my daily face routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by DebbieN

I use the 227 to apply highlighter to my brows and the "c" zone where we highlight just above the cheeks and around the eyes.

I use this combined with the LORAC's "Perfectly Lit" highlighter. love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Chocoholic2486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this brush for about $60. I actually wanted to get a concealer. The makeup artist used the MAC 227 to apply concealer on my blemishes and to cover my under eye dark circles. I liked how the MAC 227 felt on my face but more importantly, I liked the fact that it applied concealer on my face well. Applying concealer on blemishes using the MAC 227 is like applying concealer using fingertips, only more gentle, hygienic and flawless. Like the other reviews state, the MAC 227 is wonderful for blending, applying eyeshadow and contouring. The brush, although very expensive, has several functions. The bristles are densely packed and do not shed. Overall, I will say that this was worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by JennieTimberton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Honestly just an amazing all around brush. Bristle strength and density is perfect for application on sensitive skin. It never leaves me irritated and I can actually use it for just about any makeup application. love my 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic brush and well worth the price. It's soft, holds eyeshadow well, and its size makes it perfect for applying shadow to the brow bone or the entire lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by emiliagorgeous

This became one of my favorite brushes unexpectedly, I never felt like before I could find the right brush to highlight my checks or brow bone. The 168 brush is too big and picks up too much color, same with the 109 brush. Also the 217 I don't like using for this purpose because, I usually use it to smoke out my eyes, and so then their is all this dark color on the brush, so i don't want that dark color all the way up on my brow bone and and face. Also this brush is dense, it picks up a lot of colors and spreads it evenly faster then other brushes. Its also not a brush that many people rave about on blogs or on youtube, but even better then maybe the 217 . Also the hairs are black so the hairs don't get stained easily like the 168 or 217 or 219 so it doesn't take as long to wash all the color out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by annasandler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Amazing brush for highlighting the cheek and brow bone. Perfect size, denseness and bristle softness. Amazing precision of application. Cannot fault it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by MissHappyBeach

Oh.My.God!
I thought this was going to be a nice little luxury brush, something i didn't really need but it hey, at least it looked cute right!?

WRONG! My god, so very wrong! This is one of those 'i don't know what i did without you' products! I use it to highlight (brows and face!), to set undereye concealer, to do an allover wash of colour, contour nose and blend out harsh lines! I used my 224 for similar things before but this has completely knocked that down to concealer brush!

It's lovely and dense, and the handle is great; the perfect size/weight for the brush (something i love about mac brushes) also has not shed, no running dye... honestly i couldn't recommend this brush enough!

Also, I have pretty small eyes and when i first saw this i kind of dismissed it to brow bone only highlighting duties, but when i used it i was like 'woaw, this i really cool.. i wonder if....' and before you know it I'd used to all over my eyes AND face!!!

and on top of all that, it is incredibly cute :)