October 24, 2014 | 1046 users online

Treatments (Face) - Prosacea

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Kat630

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Slowly but surely I started getting redness on my face along with bumps and irritation. Soon I could not hardly wear makeup because my skin started flaking in places. I tried everything I found from honey to exfoliation. Nothing worked except this Prosacea. My skin was better overnight. The bumps do peel as they heal, but I've only been using this for five days and most bumps are gone and all are better. But best of all, my pores are smaller! I was able to wear my regular foundation today. I do moisturize with California Baby's Super Sensitive lotion after I leave this on about five minutes since it is a little drying. It does contain a paraben, but that's my only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by ncmom4all

After using a very expensive tee tree shampoo for a few weeks, I noticed that my once smooth forehead had become infested with small flesh colored bumps, tons of them, especially around my hairline and a little down on the sides of my cheek. These things were terrible, and nothing would get rid of them- I tried everything from honey to BP 10% to exfoliating scrubs... nothing worked. Last night I found Prosacea at my local drug store for less than 10 bucks. The active ingredient is sulfur. Since it was the last thing I hadn't tried, I bought it. I washed my face, pulled my hair back, applied it all over the bumps and to a few spots of cystic acne and this morning there is a 100% improvement. I couldn't believe it. Yesterday I was using three concealers to even go out in public, this morning, I didn't have to put anything on my face!! I couldn't believe it. Even the cystic spots that were looking so bad (I'm a picker), the kind that don't pop, just ooze out clear fluid and get crusty, were almost completely gone. It seems impossible but it happened.

I'm going to use this sparingly so I don't develop some sort of resistance. I changed my shampoo too, so maybe that'll help.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I had high hopes for this but it ultimately had no effect for me.

I just have redness and only on my chin, generally it is a cyclical flare up or it happens when I drink red wine. This not only didn't help but I think there is a small chance it made things worse by being drying. I tried to use it in combination with moisturizers but it didn't seem to help. Eventually it would flake up on my chin and look terrible, especially if I tried to wear it under make up.

Oh well, on to the next "cure."

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by xpomegranate

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Smelled awful, irritated my skin really badly, and did nothing for my redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by stefdo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this only in the morning before I put on my makeup ,so there is something between my skin and the makeup. It has definitely decreased the redness (about 50%). After reading some of the reviews before I bought this product, I try to be careful it does not dry out my skin too much. Sometimes I will wait around 15 minutes after I wash my face before I put it on (years ago was told not to put on Retin A right after washing my face as it helps with the drying effect). Also sometimes I will add just a touch of water to the gel to get a even thinner layer. But I do use it every morning and think it helps. Not with my acne/bumps so much but mostly with redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lakegin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have derm. diagnosed rosacea but my flare ups are so occasional I don't find it beneficial to purchase an Rx. When I do have flare ups this works really well. The smell isn't the best, but after a while I don't notice it. I use this morning and night during flare ups (I just get extremely red in the cheeks and they *burn*, no breakouts) and they don't seem to be as intense and it goes away more quickly. For the price/results I definitely keep a tube around.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I CANNOT express how WONDERFUL this product is! I have combination skin that tends be be more on the oily side and this past year I began noticing MAJOR redness in my face so much so that my makeup had to be switch to Full coverage foundation AND powder on top :( since using this product (only two days) the redness is almost COMPLETELY GONE! And on top of the wonderful ability this product has to get rid of redness it also is by far THE BEST MATTIFYING face product EVER!!!! I apply once in the morning and my face looks MATTE ALL DAY!!!! But beware I don't think this would work so hott on dry skin,maybe if used with a light hand? Or with a moisturizer? BUT awesome at taking redness away! It is a lil pricey but I will pay $10 a tube for the results :) thank u lord! For this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by angelinam

I have really bad rosacea and I when I saw this product in a drug store I wanted to try it. I didn't want to spend the money right away because I feel it is pricey so I figured I would do my research before I bought it. I mostly found bad reviews and I forgot about it for awhile. About a month later I saw it on sale and thought why not. I ended up completely loving this product. It has definitely worked for me. I noticed results within 2 applications , I even noticed my pores getting smaller. The smell doesn't bother me like I've read from other peoples experience but my fiancÚ says it does smell but not strong. I guess this product is a touch and go for people but I personally have had great results from it. I would recommend this product and keep using it for myself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a treatment for the redness around my cheeks and the acne around my chin and side of my cheeks. While it didn't clog pores or irritate my acne/redness more, it did little to abate my skin's condition. While I have heard so many good reviews about this product, it just didn't work for me. I think the problem lies in that sulfur (active ingredient) does little for my particular skin. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is dry and sensitive and normal-to dry in the summer. I used this as a spot treatment on a breakout I had on my chin area and along my chin. It dried it out SO bad but it did clear up my zits in those areas. I could only imagine how much it would dry out my cheek area. I don't recommended using this if you have severe rosecea on your cheeks because I can't see it doing anything but drying your skin out and possibly making it more sensitive. The smell is HORRIBLE by the way.

I've never been diagnosed with rosecea but I think I seem to have mild case of it. All in all I love it as a spot treatment but you have to moisturize and moisturize if your skin is anything like mine!