Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips- Dolly

4.3

on 12/18/2013 11:15:00 PM

I'm already on my second tube! I never would have bought this on its own but it was part of 2012's Superstars kit and it was a lovely surprise how much I loved it. On the website it's described as a shimmering muted plum, I think it's a MLBB in lip gloss form. I'm NC30. It can be worn alone and it's still gorgeous, there is gold shimmer but not obnoxiously so. Personally, I like it over Revlon's honey balm stain or berry smoothie lip butter. I enjoy the plumping sensation and the smell. The only downside is that it's $23 CAD for 0.15oz. Currently, there are a bunch of lip gloss sets for the holidays and they feature Dolly. (I got a set but I still like Dolly the most.) I think I'll just wait for the VIB sale next year to stock up on this. I don't even want to look for another lip gloss. This is HG for me.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The colour is pretty and I liked the texture.

What I didnt like the tingly feel. I really don't like 'feeling' the makeup on my face and unfortunately I could feel this waayy more than I wanted to. I also disliked the smell.

The packaging is also very solid but I had a bit of a struggle to open it the first time. For a few minutes I thought I would have to take it back just because I was the idiot who couldn't unscrew the lid but it finally opened.

Edit: I have large lips and they were definitely larger after I applied it once so the plumping action works.

on 10/30/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color is perfect, the packaging is gorgeous, the applicator is great and the minty tingly feeling my lips get when putting this on is fantastic. Plus, it tastes great and not lip-glossy at all! For the price, I got what I paid for. :)

on 10/20/2013 3:14:00 PM

I am not a real fan of lip gloss, but this lip gloss was nice. It creates a cooling sensation upon application, but I do not notice any significant plumping effect. This gloss goes on almost colorless, so it is simply shiny. I had to reapply this gloss almost hourly, so it would not find a permanent spot in my makeup bag. I think it is just ok.

on 10/17/2013 4:13:00 PM

Love EVERYTHING about this lip gloss.
I have about a million lonely lipglosses in the bottom of my purse that never get used, because Dolly is my go to.
Its a beautiful color ( not too "old" , not too "youg") , It can be worn to work all day, or out on the weekends. I love how it makes my lips cool and tingly. and this is coming from a girl with very sensitive lips!
Even after the gloss is gone, my lips feel and look fuller.
Perfect color, perfect smell, perfect tube.
Buxom, please don't ever discontinue this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

So I never wear lip gloss... It just isn't my thing. But I recently got this in my October Ipsy bag and had to try it. And I absolutely love it! Even though it's a subtle mauve color, it looks great on my neutral, fair skin with my reddish hair! It feels luxurious on my lips. Long lasting but not too sticky. And it makes my lips feel cool and tingly. As far as the plumping is concerned, I don't know if this actually does anything beyond what a normal lip gloss does. But I adore it!

on 9/29/2013 5:00:00 PM

I love the Buxom glosses.
This color is beautiful- mauve with gold shimmer. On the lips it looks beautiful, and I think it would be flattering on most, if not all, skin tones.
It tingles a bit, but I don't find it to do much in regards to "plumping" the lips. But it doesn't hurt like other glosses can. And since the plumping is not something I particularly look for, that doesn't hurt my love of this product.

on 9/2/2013 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got a generous sample size tube of this in the latest Sephora Give Me Some Lip kit. I don't typically wear lip gloss but I really like this one. It is a browny mauve with slight shimmer, but still looks good with my warm-toned, fair skin (usually mauves look awful on me). I like the tingly feel that lasts long after you apply this gloss. Although it is more on the "sticky" gloss side, you can still rub your lips together - it's not one of those where you feel like your lips are sealed in a bubble. Also, even after it wore off, my (thin, dry) lips still *felt* fuller and moister. I would consider buying the full size of this when it runs out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am a fan of B.E. Buxom glosses and Dolly is one of my favorite for subtle lip look. It is only a shade deeper than my natural lip color so this makes a wonderful combination with smokey eye looks. I cannot wear the "nude" lip that is popular with smokey eyes...it leaves me looking washed out. Dolly is a neutral mauve/light plum with a tiny bit of shimmer but no obvious glitter or sparkle.

This gloss is one of the "sticky" glosses but not nearly as sticky as MAC Lipglass and not quite as thick textured. But it does last well and leaves my lips moist even after the gloss as worn off. Wear time is at least 2-3 hours which for me is very good for lip gloss.

on 8/19/2013 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Normally I'm not a lip gloss kind of girl but I must say that I have fallen in love with this one. I received a sample version of this with my points at Sephora recently and found it to be one of my favorites ever. The color is fabulous and as soon as I put it on, my lips start to tingle. Normally any lip plumpers make my lips look terribly swollen but surprisingly this one didn't. It is highly fragranced but it's not too displeasing. The only complaint I have about this is the sticky/tackiness of the lip gloss but mostly all lip glosses tend to have that issue. It's not too dark and it's not too shiny. I definitely will be getting this again when I run out of my sample. :D

Recommended for Medium Skin