October 22, 2014 | 858 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips- Dolly

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I am not a real fan of lip gloss, but this lip gloss was nice. It creates a cooling sensation upon application, but I do not notice any significant plumping effect. This gloss goes on almost colorless, so it is simply shiny. I had to reapply this gloss almost hourly, so it would not find a permanent spot in my makeup bag. I think it is just ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by beautystar87

Love EVERYTHING about this lip gloss.
I have about a million lonely lipglosses in the bottom of my purse that never get used, because Dolly is my go to.
Its a beautiful color ( not too "old" , not too "youg") , It can be worn to work all day, or out on the weekends. I love how it makes my lips cool and tingly. and this is coming from a girl with very sensitive lips!
Even after the gloss is gone, my lips feel and look fuller.
Perfect color, perfect smell, perfect tube.
Buxom, please don't ever discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I never wear lip gloss... It just isn't my thing. But I recently got this in my October Ipsy bag and had to try it. And I absolutely love it! Even though it's a subtle mauve color, it looks great on my neutral, fair skin with my reddish hair! It feels luxurious on my lips. Long lasting but not too sticky. And it makes my lips feel cool and tingly. As far as the plumping is concerned, I don't know if this actually does anything beyond what a normal lip gloss does. But I adore it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I love the Buxom glosses.
This color is beautiful- mauve with gold shimmer. On the lips it looks beautiful, and I think it would be flattering on most, if not all, skin tones.
It tingles a bit, but I don't find it to do much in regards to "plumping" the lips. But it doesn't hurt like other glosses can. And since the plumping is not something I particularly look for, that doesn't hurt my love of this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a generous sample size tube of this in the latest Sephora Give Me Some Lip kit. I don't typically wear lip gloss but I really like this one. It is a browny mauve with slight shimmer, but still looks good with my warm-toned, fair skin (usually mauves look awful on me). I like the tingly feel that lasts long after you apply this gloss. Although it is more on the "sticky" gloss side, you can still rub your lips together - it's not one of those where you feel like your lips are sealed in a bubble. Also, even after it wore off, my (thin, dry) lips still *felt* fuller and moister. I would consider buying the full size of this when it runs out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a fan of B.E. Buxom glosses and Dolly is one of my favorite for subtle lip look. It is only a shade deeper than my natural lip color so this makes a wonderful combination with smokey eye looks. I cannot wear the "nude" lip that is popular with smokey eyes...it leaves me looking washed out. Dolly is a neutral mauve/light plum with a tiny bit of shimmer but no obvious glitter or sparkle.

This gloss is one of the "sticky" glosses but not nearly as sticky as MAC Lipglass and not quite as thick textured. But it does last well and leaves my lips moist even after the gloss as worn off. Wear time is at least 2-3 hours which for me is very good for lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Monklin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally I'm not a lip gloss kind of girl but I must say that I have fallen in love with this one. I received a sample version of this with my points at Sephora recently and found it to be one of my favorites ever. The color is fabulous and as soon as I put it on, my lips start to tingle. Normally any lip plumpers make my lips look terribly swollen but surprisingly this one didn't. It is highly fragranced but it's not too displeasing. The only complaint I have about this is the sticky/tackiness of the lip gloss but mostly all lip glosses tend to have that issue. It's not too dark and it's not too shiny. I definitely will be getting this again when I run out of my sample. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by bacasuso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Dolly is a neutral mauve color- perfect on just about any skin tone as a daytime gloss.

I wear it over some lip liner (WnW Brandywine or UD Naked are great ones) and it sticks around for a good amount of time without needing a touch up. It's sticky and minty, but not overly so. Not uncomfortable at all.

If I lost it or if it ran out, I'd go grab another in half a heartbeep! Definitely a daytime HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by nomnomloot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging is pretty but i found it sticky and not that pigmented. It smells good though. I wouldn't recommend it but it's probably because I'm not a gloss person.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by pewtermercier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Like many other reviewers, I first got this as a points gift at Sephora. The color is great -- on me it's MLBB. I haven't noticed any plumping, but I do feel the tingling when I first apply it. It's a little sticky, but it lasts better than regular lip glosses. Because of the flavor/plumping agents, I don't like to eat or drink within an hour of applying it...it does taste a little funny.