October 30, 2014 | 1671 users online

Shampoo - Joico - Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a highlighted blonde, I recently got highlights a month ago, I was so in love with my hair color...until I washed it for the first time, I have no idea what happened, but I have hated my hair ever since. I've read about purple shampoos and bought the John Frieda(Did nothing for my hair) from a local grocery store because I didn't wanna make a special trip to Ulta. They recently had the 1 liter bottles on sale for $15.99 so I had to buy it.........I just got done using it and I am in love! My color looks exactly the way it did the day I came home from the salon!

This is only my 2nd purple shampoo, but it is my favorite so far. There are still some more brands i want to try...but I love this one.

Edit: I went to the salon after about 3 uses of this shampoo, my stylist asked me what shampoo I have been using because my blonde looked great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed a shampoo to work with my newly colored and highlighted hair that came out a bit too brassy/coppery/orangey to my liking. Some background info: I am AA and have natural hair that I have been coloring at home. I went to the stylist that I use for "special" needs, i.e., trims, additional/better coloring services, etc. to let her give me highlights. In attempting to correct my reddish colored (base) hair to an ash brown color before adding blond highlights, I ended up with the coppery look. It didn't look horrible, just not exactly what I wanted, so I decided to try this shampoo to tone down the look. After one use I got good results and am satisfied that my hair isn't bright like it was. I still think I need a do over at the salon to get *the* look I was originally going for, but this shampoo does what it says it will do. I am also satisfied with the companion conditioner. The fact that they're both sulfate-free is important to me so that's a plus. (Note: the picture that accompanies this set of reviews is incorrect, as this line is now in a red bottle.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by xclusive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this purple shampoo! It's my second favourite after the Fudge one. It tones and does its job and leaves my blonde looking beautiful!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This WAS the best purple shampoo out there.. until they reformulated recently. I was happy enough they went sulfate-free, but the pigment just isn't as strong now. You can tell right when you lather. The lather used to stay dark purple and stain your hands; now it turns white after a little while and doesn't stain. It will still probably do the trick for many, but not for my stubborn warmth. I've moved onto Pravana for killing the brass in my blonde. Sulfate free as well, even gentler, and much more toning power.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bebedejuin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can we talk about how much better this smells than Clairol Shimmer Lights?! It's like night and day! I think the tone of violet is similar but with Joico you don't have to worry about smelling like an old lady. I use this weekly to refresh my highlights and it does a nice job of maintaining the light ash blonde that I love. The formula can be a bit drying so you should certainly use a good conditioner. I bought the shampoo and conditioner on a whim at TJ Maxx. I probably wouldn't pay full price because I'm fickle with hair products, but if I see it again for $8 I'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by polkadotshears

I love this purple shampoo. My ultimate go to! Does what it is supposed to do, tones down those icky brassy tones.

My only complaint is the packaging.. they recently changed the bottles so hopefully it doesn't happen anymore. Sometimes when I'm showering I drop the bottles in the bath tub, which really isn't a far drop.. and somehow they get punctured!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best purple shampoos I have used so far. The version I have is reformulated so I can't compare this to the old version. It is sulfate-free and you leave it in for 3-5 minutes. Shimmerlights worked well, but left my hair a bit knotty after drying and didn't have a pleasant scent. The Joico violet shampoo smells nice and isn't that stripping. My highlights came out looking brighter and the brassiness was gone. I spent almost sixteen dollars for my bottle, so it is pricey but since I only use it after every third shampoo, I feel like I can justify the price. No problems with my hair turning purple as long as I follow the directions and don't go over the five minutes. edit 5/15/13 This had to be dropped to four lippies. It is just not cleansing enough for days when I really need it to be. This is perhaps too gentle for my hair, though I still love it for toning brassiness in my highlights and leaving my hair soft and less frizzy. Still in search for the perfect purple shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by feribz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have ombré hair that goes from black to light blonde with brown transitioning. For dark hair, this purple shampoo won't turn your hair purple, so don't worry. But I had some pretty brassy orange and yellow hues, which were almost all removed after using this only once! This stuff is pricey though! I guess every joico product is. I looked around and found an awesome deal for the mega size with the pump for $14. Love the packaging and the product itself. Does what it promises. I said yes to buying it again, but I probably won't need to haha.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this shampoo. I highlight my hair every 6 weeks ( natural hair is dark brown ) and I always had issues with yellow and warm tones. Every time I do my hair it only looks nice for about a week. Reading the boards everybody was talking about violet shampoos , so I did check what brands do some and Joico seems the favourite one. I end up buying it of course and at first was worry to use as some people say it can turn hair purple . Well I did start using it and at first I left 2 min then up to 4 and my hair looks amazing to be honest. I don't know how this work but man my hair is really nice blonde every time I use this shampoo. So happy.
I use this about every 10 days. I shampoo ones with this and then use good conditioner ( I use Joico intense hydrator ATM ).
Will definitely keep buying it as I can really see how this turn my hair to really nice blonde with 0 warm tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by shandramct

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for just over two years. I have my hair bleached and then a silver toner applied at my salon. My stylist recommended this to me because I wanted to make the silver last longer and keep the brassy tones out. I will NEVER go back! I use a small amount to clean and resfresh daily. If I feel I need to even out and really give my hair a refreshing punch, I apply it from root to tip on dry hair for about 20 minutes and then wash it out like I would when shampooing. Just make sure to use a colour freindly conditioner.