Joico Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

4.2

-Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Stearate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silicone Quaternium-16, Amodimethicone, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Undeceth-11, C11-15 Pareth-7, Butyloctanol, Undeceth-5, Laureth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PPG-12-Buteth-16, Polyamide-2, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 11/14/2013 5:19:00 PM

Amazing amazing amazingggggggggg I finally got my hair to ashy beige blonde after years with gross uneven copper hair and 1000 s of $$$. I recommend this to everyone who's looking for a purple shampoo

on 11/13/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of the better purple shampoos I have found. I would say this and matrix so silver have worked the best for me. At the time I was looking, choices for a sulfate free purple shampoo were limited. I picked it up on sale at ulta in the liter size. I feel its very moisturizing which isnice when you have double processed hair like me plus the other ones ive tried are drying. Personally I don't use purple shampoos for cleansing as toning is the prim purposeto me so I wash my hair with another shampoo first and then put this in and let it sit. Therefore I can't attest to it not cleansing well and making hair greasy. I have an oily scalp and have been trying to wash every other day so that's why I wash twice cuz Then I can use less of this up. Next I want to try pravana , lee stafford and some horse shampoo I've seen raved about on youtube. I have tried and didn't see results from jhirmack, pantene silver something, goldwell, john frieda, and some matrix cond foam. Haven't tried matching conditioners cuz Im picky and my tangly fine hair has special needs and they don't seem like they have the pigment the shampoos have.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I recently went platinum blonde again (about four weeks ago) and I have used the Clairol Shimmer Lights shampoo (effective but left my hair feeling like straw), and the One N' Only purple shampoo which should be banished to the inner circles of Hell because of how terrible it made my hair felt.

I use both the shampoo and conditioner in this line, but I find the conditioner to not be as effective (as far as a conditioner it works well...not convinced on the toning).

I use the shampoo about twice a week and leave it in my hair for longer than stated (which if I'm not mistaken is about 3-5 minutes..I usually do 20 and get dressed/eat or something in the mean time). I do this because my hair tends to yellow faster and was stubborn during toning, and to be honest I'm kind of neurotic about not having yellow tinted hair. The shampoo does not dry my hair, smells great, is packaged well, and works wonderfully at zapping the brass. It can be a bit pricey, but to me, it is worth it in the long haul as it is a quality product.

I'm not sure about the reformulation of the product, but when I use it, it is definitely still a deep violet. Be careful during use that you are careful when you put it in your hair/rinse it out as the purple can get places. I haven't noticed that it stains anything permanently but you never know.

Overall- 5/5. This shampoo is wonderful...and it makes my hair look really cool when I'm using it.

on 8/6/2013 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this product from Joico a few years ago, and I decided to try it again because as much as I like my AG Silver shampoo, I have started feeling like it wasn't purple/blue enough to help tone my blonde highlighted hair anymore and I am not sure why. I have previously tried Shimmer Lights, Joico, and a couple of other drugstore brands which were not tinted enough.
PROS:
- amazing smell
- toning well (better than my AG Silver - definitely noticeable when I am using it 3 times a week)
- lathers well
- priced well and available at drugstore
CONS:
- my normally oily hair is oily right after washing with it!
- after washing and drying my hair, it instantly has no volume
I also purchased the Joico Color Endure Violet Conditioner, and I do not find that it does anything. The shampoo is actually detangling enough that I usually use it by itself without a conditioner so that I can avoid any extra risk of oily roots and ends... but it hasn't made any difference. I love everything ELSE about the product and it would probably work well for anyone who doesn't have naturally oily hair. I am not sure if I will repurchase. I would like to try the Fudge brand next and see the results.

I am a highlighted blonde, I recently got highlights a month ago, I was so in love with my hair color...until I washed it for the first time, I have no idea what happened, but I have hated my hair ever since. I've read about purple shampoos and bought the John Frieda(Did nothing for my hair) from a local grocery store because I didn't wanna make a special trip to Ulta. They recently had the 1 liter bottles on sale for $15.99 so I had to buy it.........I just got done using it and I am in love! My color looks exactly the way it did the day I came home from the salon!

This is only my 2nd purple shampoo, but it is my favorite so far. There are still some more brands i want to try...but I love this one.

Edit: I went to the salon after about 3 uses of this shampoo, my stylist asked me what shampoo I have been using because my blonde looked great.

on 7/17/2013 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I needed a shampoo to work with my newly colored and highlighted hair that came out a bit too brassy/coppery/orangey to my liking. Some background info: I am AA and have natural hair that I have been coloring at home. I went to the stylist that I use for "special" needs, i.e., trims, additional/better coloring services, etc. to let her give me highlights. In attempting to correct my reddish colored (base) hair to an ash brown color before adding blond highlights, I ended up with the coppery look. It didn't look horrible, just not exactly what I wanted, so I decided to try this shampoo to tone down the look. After one use I got good results and am satisfied that my hair isn't bright like it was. I still think I need a do over at the salon to get *the* look I was originally going for, but this shampoo does what it says it will do. I am also satisfied with the companion conditioner. The fact that they're both sulfate-free is important to me so that's a plus. (Note: the picture that accompanies this set of reviews is incorrect, as this line is now in a red bottle.)

on 6/22/2013 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this purple shampoo! It's my second favourite after the Fudge one. It tones and does its job and leaves my blonde looking beautiful!

on 4/3/2013 9:13:00 PM

This WAS the best purple shampoo out there.. until they reformulated recently. I was happy enough they went sulfate-free, but the pigment just isn't as strong now. You can tell right when you lather. The lather used to stay dark purple and stain your hands; now it turns white after a little while and doesn't stain. It will still probably do the trick for many, but not for my stubborn warmth. I've moved onto Pravana for killing the brass in my blonde. Sulfate free as well, even gentler, and much more toning power.

on 3/24/2013 11:09:00 PM

Can we talk about how much better this smells than Clairol Shimmer Lights?! It's like night and day! I think the tone of violet is similar but with Joico you don't have to worry about smelling like an old lady. I use this weekly to refresh my highlights and it does a nice job of maintaining the light ash blonde that I love. The formula can be a bit drying so you should certainly use a good conditioner. I bought the shampoo and conditioner on a whim at TJ Maxx. I probably wouldn't pay full price because I'm fickle with hair products, but if I see it again for $8 I'll repurchase.

I love this purple shampoo. My ultimate go to! Does what it is supposed to do, tones down those icky brassy tones.

My only complaint is the packaging.. they recently changed the bottles so hopefully it doesn't happen anymore. Sometimes when I'm showering I drop the bottles in the bath tub, which really isn't a far drop.. and somehow they get punctured!