April 21, 2014 | 974 users online

Shampoo - Joico - Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This WAS the best purple shampoo out there.. until they reformulated recently. I was happy enough they went sulfate-free, but the pigment just isn't as strong now. You can tell right when you lather. The lather used to stay dark purple and stain your hands; now it turns white after a little while and doesn't stain. It will still probably do the trick for many, but not for my stubborn warmth. I've moved onto Pravana for killing the brass in my blonde. Sulfate free as well, even gentler, and much more toning power.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bebedejuin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can we talk about how much better this smells than Clairol Shimmer Lights?! It's like night and day! I think the tone of violet is similar but with Joico you don't have to worry about smelling like an old lady. I use this weekly to refresh my highlights and it does a nice job of maintaining the light ash blonde that I love. The formula can be a bit drying so you should certainly use a good conditioner. I bought the shampoo and conditioner on a whim at TJ Maxx. I probably wouldn't pay full price because I'm fickle with hair products, but if I see it again for $8 I'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by polkadotshears

I love this purple shampoo. My ultimate go to! Does what it is supposed to do, tones down those icky brassy tones.

My only complaint is the packaging.. they recently changed the bottles so hopefully it doesn't happen anymore. Sometimes when I'm showering I drop the bottles in the bath tub, which really isn't a far drop.. and somehow they get punctured!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

This is one of the best purple shampoos I have used so far. The version I have is reformulated so I can't compare this to the old version. It is sulfate-free and you leave it in for 3-5 minutes. Shimmerlights worked well, but left my hair a bit knotty after drying and didn't have a pleasant scent. The Joico violet shampoo smells nice and isn't that stripping. My highlights came out looking brighter and the brassiness was gone. I spent almost sixteen dollars for my bottle, so it is pricey but since I only use it after every third shampoo, I feel like I can justify the price. No problems with my hair turning purple as long as I follow the directions and don't go over the five minutes. edit 5/15/13 This had to be dropped to four lippies. It is just not cleansing enough for days when I really need it to be. This is perhaps too gentle for my hair, though I still love it for toning brassiness in my highlights and leaving my hair soft and less frizzy. Still in search for the perfect purple shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by feribz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have ombré hair that goes from black to light blonde with brown transitioning. For dark hair, this purple shampoo won't turn your hair purple, so don't worry. But I had some pretty brassy orange and yellow hues, which were almost all removed after using this only once! This stuff is pricey though! I guess every joico product is. I looked around and found an awesome deal for the mega size with the pump for $14. Love the packaging and the product itself. Does what it promises. I said yes to buying it again, but I probably won't need to haha.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this shampoo. I highlight my hair every 6 weeks ( natural hair is dark brown ) and I always had issues with yellow and warm tones. Every time I do my hair it only looks nice for about a week. Reading the boards everybody was talking about violet shampoos , so I did check what brands do some and Joico seems the favourite one. I end up buying it of course and at first was worry to use as some people say it can turn hair purple . Well I did start using it and at first I left 2 min then up to 4 and my hair looks amazing to be honest. I don't know how this work but man my hair is really nice blonde every time I use this shampoo. So happy.
I use this about every 10 days. I shampoo ones with this and then use good conditioner ( I use Joico intense hydrator ATM ).
Will definitely keep buying it as I can really see how this turn my hair to really nice blonde with 0 warm tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by shandramct

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for just over two years. I have my hair bleached and then a silver toner applied at my salon. My stylist recommended this to me because I wanted to make the silver last longer and keep the brassy tones out. I will NEVER go back! I use a small amount to clean and resfresh daily. If I feel I need to even out and really give my hair a refreshing punch, I apply it from root to tip on dry hair for about 20 minutes and then wash it out like I would when shampooing. Just make sure to use a colour freindly conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by aimeeuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a long black haired girl gone long sandy blonde and this product is great for taking out the orange-y yellow parts of my hair especially after 7 or 8 washes my hair just gets that gross orange-y tint to it as my hair is more of a warmer blonde. Its a super tinted dark purple out of the bottle and it smells good.

It does dry out my hair a bit but all the purple shampoos I have tried do the same thing some worse than others.. it must be the pH, so I would recommend a really good conditioner I use the Aveda Color Conserve.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Starjazzmine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the only "purple" shampoo that, pigment-wise compares to Clairol Shimmer Lights, which is what I typically used in the past. I must say the Joico Color Endure has become my new favorite. It smells nicer, the color is nicer and the actual shampoo quality is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

This is a great shampoo! I usually use Matrix So Silver, but I bought a bottle because of the good reviews. It's so pigmented! I think it's more pigmented than Matrix. It lathers well, and cleans my hair. It's a little more stripping than Matrix, but it leaves my hair more cool and even less brassy. Don't leave this on too long, it will give your hair a purple tint. It does go away though, and it's not too obvious. I highly recommend this, it's a great shampoo.