January 31, 2015 | 1941 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a baked powder with minerals which is supposed to give your face a natural looking, matte finish and a light coverage. I got it in the shade Light Plus, but I think it is the wrong shade for me. After a couple of hours the powder turns quite orange, which means it actually oxidizes! I have never experienced powders oxidizing on my skin before. I guess the Plus shade is a little bit more yellow than the regular Light shade, so if I ever will repurchase this I will buy it in Light, not Light Plus.

When it comes to the coverage of it - it provides a really light coverage. It covers a tiny bit, like redness and pigmentation, but not acne, scars, freckles etc. When applied with a dense buffer brush/kabuki brush it covers more than when applied with a regular powder brush. The finish looks really natural when buffed into the skin! Over a full coverage foundation it can look a little bit cakey, but if you're careful and don't apply too much, it will look good. Applied alone over a kind of thick primer (a primer which is supposed to fill/hide pores for instance, they are usually quite thick), it will look as natural as bare skin - but with that tiny bit of coverage!

The staying power is just OK, nothing too great. After only 2-3 hours it's completely gone around my nose, mouth and forehead. After a couple more hours it's gone everywhere else on my face. I reapply it though, but I'm always on the hunt for a powder that lasts for several hours, not only 4-5 hours.... It controls oiliness quite well, but my skin can get EXTREMELY oily, so I'm not surprised over the fact that the powder disappears after only 2 hours when my skin is at its worst. If you got just slightly oily skin, I think this will be good. Since I've got combination skin, my skin often gets really dry too and when my skin is dry I don't use Mineralize Skinfinish - it clings to dry patches like crazy, making my skin look awful.... A good thing though, is that it didn't break me out.

!SHORT SUMMARY!
I probably won't repurchase this since it's not a good powder for my skintype. It only works great when my skin is just slightly oily and a little on the normal side, but that happens rarely. The finish is pretty, it looks natural and feels light on the skin, it doesn't break me out and all that jazz.... But there's nothing more special to it. It doesn't last for too long, turns orange on me and manages to find all the tinytiny dry spots on my skin.... So yeah, guess I won't repurchase it. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, not sure why I didn't review it sooner. I am NW10 and this powder is a neutral light beige color IMO. It is ever so slightly a smidge too dark for me if I get heavy handed, which is the only reason I took 1 lippie off. However, if I use a lighter hand and MAC fix+ it looks really good! I use a velour puff to press the powder over my foundation and then I use a powder brush to lightly buff the excess away. It is expensive for a setting powder, I may try something else if I find something pale enough but you get a lot of product so I would consider buying this again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by maddieziegler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I highly suggest this powder if you wear a lot of full-coverage foundation and you want to give your makeup a more natural looking finish. If you're looking for a face powder with coverage, however, I would skip this as it is very sheer- this product is better suited for setting your liquid makeup. I use this powder everyday to set my MAC Prolongwear Foundation and I love it. Will continue to repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Absolutely love this! I have used Studio Fix for years and loved that but it was getting too heavy. This pleasantly surprised me. I have VERY oily skin and usually only gravitate towards something that has matte in the name. The "natural" finish kind of made me hesitant. So glad I tried it, though. It feels like you are wearing nothing and I am surprised at the coverage it gives. Of course, with the Studio Fix, I am spoiled with full coverage because that is what it provides. This doesn't seem to provide that kind of coverage but I don't have to pack it on to get any coverage. And it never gets cakey. Packaging is minimal. Not even a mirror but I can put this on without one (I don't) but you could. Love and will buy over and over.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this powder off and on since about 2009 and felt it was finally time to write a review. I have used many different powder foundations and this one tops them all. I realize this is not marketed as a base product, but that's how I use it. Light is a perfect match for me and it covers up my redness quite well, makes my skin look more lively, and doesn't look powdery or cakey. My skin is also extremely reactive and this has never given me a problem. I really love the finish of it as well - very smooth and slightly luminous. It does not control oil very well, but I don't really expect any makeup to make much of a difference in that regard. For application I use a large powder brush, swirl in the powder once or twice, and just go over each section of my face. It is a bit expensive, but lasts a decent amount of time and, to me, is totally worth it. I will keep buying as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by dawny1980

i absolutely love this powder! i use it over smashbox 15 hr foundation in 1.1 and it is my perfect combination. i love mac powders but am not so in love with their foundations as i have never managed to find a perfect match as i'm really pale. i apply this with a bakuki brush and need very little to set my make up. it has very little colour in it so looks completely natural. it is on the expensive side but is well worth buying as it makes my combination skin stay matte in the oily t zone but does not dry out my (very) dry chin. i am also prone to the odd break out but have never had an issue with this powder. i have used mac blot powder in the past and would recommend both although this gives a more natural glow and not such a matte effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder several months ago after having zero luck with drugstore powders. I love it! It matches my skin perfectly, and gives me a nice, full coverage (combined with foundation) natural , matte finish. It is easily blended and doesn't look powdery. Depending on my day, I might have to reapply once in the middle of the day to mattify my nose. I do wish that the compact included a mirror, but the clear top is also very nice looking. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is a lovely powder, I've lost count of how many times I've repurchased this. I love to use it over matte foundations because it sets it very naturally without looking cakey. It does have more coverage than a traditional pressed powder, so it evens out the skin very nicely. I don't find it's the best for oil-control however, so I don't use this to set dewy or satin foundations. But I love the overall flawless look it gives as a finishing powder. On very low key days, I will just put some concealer and use this lightly dusted all over. I've also heard of people spritzing their brushes with Fix + and applying it wet for more coverage, but I have not personally tried it. It's a great versatile powder! I use 'Light' or 'Light Plus', and I am a MAC NC15 in Studio Fix Fluid. I find that the 'Light' is good to set foundations because it doesn't add too much color, but by itself I find the color is a bit too pale to add any warmth or even-ing out of the skin, so I will often use 'Light Plus' when I am using it alone without any foundation underneath. 'Light' is a very pale beige color, without any prominent pink or yellow undertones. 'Light Plus' is a fair-light golden-toned shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLauren24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was recommended this powder by a makeup artist at MAC to set my Matchmaster (shade 1.0). Having never used powder before I was hesitant to try this, worried that it would exacerbate my dry skin.

True to it's name, this powder really does create a natural finish. It doesn't make my skin look too matte or dull. This powder helps my Matchmaster foundation to last all day, from 7am to 9pm. I also like that this powder is finely milled enough to be used under my eyes, so it can be used to set my under eye concealer, without making it look cakey or cause creasing. This is now a product that I use in my everyday routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by samm23

I returned this product within 72 hours of purchasing. This did not suit my skin at all, it felt dry and chalky ugh .