April 19, 2014 | 1813 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 10hr Sleep Effect

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this one because I was such a fan of bourjouis healthy mix serum that I wanted to try more of their foundations. I like this a lot and although the coverage is pretty light it has a beautiful finish. Also so far I don't believe this has caused me any breakouts. I wear it on good skin days, with a dusting of the bourjois healthy balance powder. Another great product from bourjois!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very nice for dry to very dry skin. Medium coverage, covers minor imperfections, although still need a concealer in places. Very dewy and youthful looking on the skin, natural coverage and does minimise the pores. 73 is a perfect colour for my light-medium yellow based skin tone. I would recommend this for someone with dry and mature skin. Pump is perfect for dispensing the required mount. Applies to skin easily, blends perfectly with finger tips over my moisturiser. No flakes, no streaks and no reaction on my very sensitive skin. Some foundations tend to redden my skin immediately, not this one. Can't fault it for a dewy medium coverage actually.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this foundation in a waaaaay too dark for me shade #73 to be able to neutralise a pale cast that my Avene sunscreen leaves behind (a tinted version of this sunscreen seems to be unavailable in Scotland?!). It works beautifully this way. Skin is back to its normal colour, it is lightly evened out and as this foundation does not contain spf, it does not destabilise my spf underneath.

Packaging is pretty but not luxurious (well, not for that price although the pump works very well) and I thanks to a semi transparent packaging I am still able to see how much is left in it, however that pump weirdly reminds me of my Chanel Vitalumiere! The consistency of this product is actually so similar to Vitalumiere that I am wondering if it is actually not the same product in a cheaper packaging?!

The foundation smells strongly, flowery and powdery but I do not mind. It did not break me out like Vitalumiere did. I hope that Bourjois will not discontinue it as I really like it as it makes my skin with spf on (and I use a heft spf 50!) look really nice. Which is not easily achievable, trust me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by purplesage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is impressive - glides on, is so silky smooth, looks gorgeous on (sheer but still leaving a lovely coverage) BUT after a week of using I broke out in awful sore lumps on my forehead. Annoyed cos it looks so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Actually really do like this product I had my doubts as it came out so watery. However it sets beautifully very subtle look and coverage but with a powder does a great job I didn't go oily at all. Actually stayed really well too I even got compliments the next day on how nice and rested my skin looked And it felt really nice and moisturised! I use this more as a replacement bb cream because I haven't found one of those I really like, would recommend trying however you will need a concealer as it does lightly but no fully. Will buy again yes I like it on days I feel like lighter coverage

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the lightest shade in Abricot Clair 71 and it's a good match for my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1 and Bourjois Healthy Mix shade 51. The formula is very runny, blends easily into the skin, provides sheer to light coverage, and sets to a luminescent satin finish. In terms of wear it looks good for about 2 to 3 hours before my glow goes oily. Personally I don't like wearing this foundation alone, but I have started to mix it into more long wearing with higher coverage foundations to give my skin a lovely glow. So far my 2 faves to mix in 10hr Sleep Effect are Revlon's Colorstay and MAC's Pro Longwear. I should also note this is probably the most fragrant foundation I own and it smells very floral, but it personally doesn't bother me. Would I repurchase? Sadly no, but will continue to use this up by mixing it into other foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Codyshoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given this to try by my mother-in-law and fell in love! This foundation is quite runny and smooth but goes on great and coverage is decent. I love the dewy finish but if I want more of a finished look I just do a once over with translucent powder. I have already gone out a bought another one for when this one runs out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by plasticsun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Even though 'abricot clair' looks nothing like my skintone by itself, this foundation blends so well that you can't tell when it's on. It leaves me with an even skintone and doesn't look strange at all. I really love how incredibly light it feels too. It's never caused problems for my oily skin, even when I don't put a powder over the top. I'm kind of neutral on the fact that it's scented. Definitely repurchasing as my cheaper go-to foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I really love this for a light foundation.
    I have combination skin and if I just powder my oily T-zone I can wear this with no problems. It gives a healthy dewy look, isn't cakey and does not cling onto dry patches which with my dry-ish cheeks is important for me.
    The coverage is light but it is buildable so you can get a light-medium coverage if needed.
    I did notice a bit of transfer, but only when I used a heavier moisturiser underneath (which you probably don't need to do since this foundation is moisturising), and not on my clothes, but on my phone, on the one or two occasions that I was on the phone for longer than 30-40mins. Thus one lippie off. I reckon if you set this on your cheeks with powder as well this wouldn't even happen, and it definitely doesn't happen if you're only on the phone for a normal amount of time!
    Highly recommended for those of you who like lighter coverage or have drier skins!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by zynab

this's foundation is nice I got 71 the lighter shade it's fair enough the coverage light buildable
    the package is so good i love it ,but I love the healthy mix & 123 more