Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Didn't offer any real hydration - greasy formula with a nice scent. Bad balm.. Definitely wasn't worth it for me.

on 12/24/2014 6:46:00 PM

As lip balms go, this one is not the best, but it is certainly not the worst either. I like the feel of it on my lips, but as soon as it wears off, my lips are dry again. IMO instead of rectifying the problem of dry lips, it is just masking it. I don't particularly like the smell of this balm, but it is not offensive either. All in all, it is just ok. If I was given another one I would use it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy another one.

on 12/21/2014 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really dislike this lip balm. First of all, it doesn't have any SPF. So there's no protection for my sensitive lips against the sun. Second, I hate how I can't use it in the Summer. The lack of SPF plus the oils basically cook my lips in the sun. Third, this isn't very moisturizing, not as hydrating as I expected it to be. Didn't dry my lips out, but didn't help them either.
Overall, not worth trying. A bad lip balm.

on 12/19/2014 1:35:00 PM

This was the first Burt's Bees lip balm I ever bought and it's still my favorite. Actually I think I used most of it and I hardly ever do that with lip balms. It feels nice and leaves a nice tint to your lips. I will repurchase in the near future!

on 12/1/2014 9:52:00 AM

I've bought this product a few times, but I think at this point I wouldn't repurchase again. It's one of the only balms I've tried that add a nice dewy flush with a little bit of tint to my pigmented lips (i.e. it actually shows up) but it definitely ends up drying my lips out if used exclusively. And the scent/flavor is slightly unpleasant for me in a weird way. Like fruit that's gone rancid.

If you need serious lip moisturization, try Lansinoh, Dr. Hauschka, or Weleda balms :)

I don't really like burt's bees lip balms they're not very moisturizing on my lips. The balm feels nice on but once its gone my lips feel very dry and worse than what they were before I put it on. I didn't like the smell at first but I gave this two lippies instead of one because now I don't mind the smell I actually like it although it doesn't smell like pomegranate.

on 11/26/2014 6:19:00 PM

This lip balm smells good, adds the tiniest amount of tint which is nice, and is easy to locate in most cities. However, I have never owned a lip balm that I find myself using as much, and that's only because my lips feel dry rather quickly. If you're looking for a lip balm that really aids in your chapped lips, especially in the winter, do not use this brand. I expected more from Burt's Bees.

on 11/13/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this lip balm AS a lip balm—it's fairly moisturizing, not too shiny, and adds a natural tint.

However, my sister SWEARS by it as a quick cheek stain, and I have to say that she's 100% spot-on. It makes the skin on my cheeks look dewy and flushed. No need to add a lot—just a tiny swipe on each cheek, then blend.

It also hasn't clogged my pores one bit—if anything, my skin looks better.

I strongly recommend this, both as a lip balm and also as a keep-it-in-your-pocket go-to. Seriously!

on 11/12/2014 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was not impressed with this. This makes my lips feel nice for about 5 minutes and then when it dries it leaves my lips very dry and I even experience peeling. Maybe I personally just have a reaction to one of the ingredients but IMO you can get a much better product than this lip balm. It does not give long term moisture and you have to apply about once per hour.

on 10/29/2014 1:47:00 PM

I bought Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm for the inclusion of pomegranate oil, which is supposedly one of the better skin care ingredients for preserving youthful, healthy skin. I will continue to apply this lip balm during the day but I must say this in no way, shape or form competes with my standby: Cococare Cocoa Butter Lip Balm. If I had to rely on this Burt's Bee's lip balm exclusively to prevent chapped lips, it wouldn't do the job. Within an hour of application my lips feel somewhat more dry, which I think might stem from some of the natural fragrances added to this formula (it contains eugenol [clove], limonene and other potential skin sensitizing fragrant oils). In addition, I don't really care for the slightly medicinal fragrance that seems to accompany every Burt's Bee's lip product I've tried. Just the same, I will continue using this product at least once per day to see if the pomegranate oil benefits become more apparent in time. If I see any improvements that I have been unable to obtain with Cococare or even Chapstick, I'll update this review.

Popular Lip Treatments