November 24, 2014 | 2010 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by 1m083n

If you like unbelievably dark eyelashes beyond every other black promises other brands make, this is your mascara. Compared to the regular Diorshow, the regular diorshow waterproof and Blackout waterproof it does not smudge, holds a curl and is relatively easy to remove. I find the waterproof version of this is dry, and the Diorshow regular and waterproof just give you yucky pond looking panda eyes.
Blackout regular however is just wonderful and i have super sensitive eyes where if they do not like a mascara, not only are they irritated my eyelashes ACTUALLY FALL OUT. This mascara has caused no such thing, in fact, my eyelash population density has increased and they are now long and beautiful looking thanks to this mascara.
The one and only con has to be the big, clunky, clumpy, stupid brush. I can deal with it, but it lets the flawless formula down. It's a stupid brush and it makes me angry because it is so unnecessary, like monster trucks down little english country roads, it just makes application awkward and messy.
However, will continue to buy forever and ever so long as they make it unless they come out with one in mercy of use little eyed perfectionist folks.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by azalea2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed buying a mascara. I have long but thin lashes, so I'm always looking for a mascara that gives show stop black volume, and I really expected this to be the one. Especially since I've read so many gushing reviews about it!

When I applied it for the first time it came on way too wet and didn't separate well, clumping my lashes together. I tried to salvage it by wiggling the wand but all that gave me was unwanted extra length, resulting in a tragic combination of clumpy and spidery lashes. And for all that money! I can only hope I'm the one who's doing something wrong. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by ottybates

This mascara is as dark as deep space; black hole; a vortex. By a long shot, it has the best colour of any product I have ever used.

The formula isn't too gooey. My lashes are naturally long, and I don't get the dreaded blink stain under my eyebrows like I have had with other brands. It applies like a dream, and with a careful hand, lashes will not clump. The larger wand is good for maximum coverage; one coat is ample, although two coats will give knock-out results. I generally do one coat for the day, and a couple for after dark. It's also a good confidence boost; you can really see the difference it makes.

The price is certainly a factor, but as other reviewers have stated, this mascara lasts, wears beautifully, offers great colour, good coverage, great wear time, and luscious plump lashes; I haven't found a cheaper brand that covers the spectrum of beautiful eyelashes in one product.

I'll most certainly be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this mascara. This has been a favorite of mine for years. I don't usually go for mascara that lengthens. Some length is nice, but my lashes are already long so I like the soft volume and dramatic effect that this mascara provides. It's super pigmented so that it doesn't give you that weird grayish tinge that some mascara that claim to be black can give. This applies like a dream. I use one coat to get the desired effect, but for a night on the town, 2 coats really amplifies the drama. I personally have never had any issues with flaking with this and it doesn't clump for me whatsoever. This looks so sophisticated and beautiful no matter what look you are going for. It looks amazing with darker smokey eyes and if you're just doing a mascara and lipgloss kind of day, it really, at least for me, looks clean and put together. What I love about this is how easily it applies. I am usually in a hurry when I am going to work, and I find that I don't need to work with this a whole lot to get the look that I am going for. I have been repurchasing this for about 5 years now, and I just can't get away from it. I will buy something different for a while, but I always find myself coming back to this. The brush is really easy to work with and I feel like the product is evenly distributed so that when you apply it's not thicker or clumpier in some areas and not in others. The tip of the wand makes it easier to get into those hard to reach areas of the eye and yet it makes them look uniform with the rest of your lashes with out getting a gap which I sometimes have a problem with. I really just love this stuff. It is pricier but for the performance, it's worth it. Once its on, it stays put till you take it off. Just don't watch a sad movie unless you have waterproof on because you will cry Crayola black tears! I just cannot say it enough. I love, love, love this and cannot stop buying it even with that price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried all kinds of mascaras from all different brands, and always come back to Dior. I used to wear the regular Diorshow, but have fallen in love with Black Out. Why? It's sinfully dark and most importantly – it stays put. Be sure to have a lash brush handy though, as it can be thick. No issues if you have a brush for separation. LOVE this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Fef

I love this mascara! It's one of those products everyone shold try once! My first impressions, actually, weren't good and I didn't use it for more or less 2 months after buying (and trying) it.. It was difficult to build and I think that, if I spend € 29 on a mascara, I want results, and I want them fast! But in July, for my birthday, I received my first Dior palette, and I decided to produce a look entirely signed by Dior.. And I started to love this Mascara! Volume and lenght are amazing, it's the blackest mascara I ever had; unfortunatly it doesn't curl lashes that much, but you can solve the problem easly with a lash curler.. The formula, in those months, completely changed and I do really like it now! I wouldn't conseil this product to beginners because the brush is huge and because of the formula, but generally speaking, it worth the money.
The only reason I wouldn't buy it again, for the instant, is that I havn't found the perfect Mascara yet, even if this one is not that far from the purpose :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Pure class! Yeah it's expensive but this is Dior! Builds long, thick VERY black dramatic lashes.And this is from someone who has NO lashes without mascara.I've always looked enviously at other women who have long thick lashes. Now I am one of them! At 56 my search is over. Wish I'd discovered this years ago.A lot of people say this dries up quickly. I don't find this to be the case at all.I'm on my third tube now and with use it gets better.HG, try it , its worth it! It's one of those mascaras that you'll get asked what you're using.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a Christmas present and it is THE best mascara I have ever used. Hands down. It dries out WAY too fast though!! Damn if i'm gonna spend all that money at DIOR it better last me a long time!! The brush is thick with longer bristles. There are absolutely NO clumps with this brush. Fantastic. So in love. But too pricey for it to dry out that fast. regardless, it's heaven in a tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by rmylon

Tragic!
Half an hour after I put this on, I look like a panda...
Don't buy...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by xkudax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is so dry!!! I prefer a more liquid mascara so that it doesn't clump as much. This one does...a lot!!! It also gives you spider lashes if you put too much on. I like the deep color but that's about it.