September 18, 2014 | 1374 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Tourmaline Hair Designer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim , i have lots of long , blonde dyed hair that is straight or wavy depending on what it wants to do that day :) I don't use a lot of styling tools , am almost scared of the flat irons although they say it's fine to use once or twice a week ..(all those steam coming up and everything , makes me think i'm gonna lose all of it since it's quite damaged already ) and haven't had luck with curling irons either ..So i bought this as a substitute for the regular drier , and so far so good !
Although it's fairly easy to use i'm even too lazy to replace it for the regular drier daily , i use it whenever it's a little more special then every day , drying the hair a little in advance , and brushing through ( detangling ) . Rest is easy , you take the hair in parts , doesn't really matter how big of chunks you take ( smaller for a more polished look , bigger for a non-frizzy straight hair look) .I love that it does get rid of the frizz. My only complaint would be the nozzle keeping wheeling about , i need to bring it back to the right position now and then(the velvety feeling part should be on top and the tiny teeth at the bottom) . And does it catch hair and knots sometimes ? Yes but not worse then regular combing -drying process, i don't think .
The nozzle has 4 settings , 1 recommended for straight ( easier to blow dry to a straight finish) hair and 4 for thick curly unruly hair . Although i could use the 1st setting according to that , i like the 3rd or 4th better for quicker smoother results .
Doesn't exactly compare to flat iron results ( this might be better because leaves the hair with more volume then the iron ) but compares to out -of-salon results that last . I go without washing 2 days at most but it'd probably outlast that .
Finally : When i use Kerastase Oleo-Relax Serum with this ,
the results are oily looking hair , so i try other styling products .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by soooo

This has been amazing for my hair. i could spend hours before with a round brush and blow dryer but it would still not b to my liking. But now i can blow dry it with easy and it looks fantastic. It saves time with drying too. No hassle of using one hand for a brush and another for the dryer. And the nozzle locks in so if you feel like being really tough with your hair the nozzle wont come off. I have really super duper thick unmanageable hair so i use the 4th setting on the fancy nozzle. =]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Momma2myQTZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I found this EXACT dryer sold under the Jilbere name at Sally's on CLEARANCE! I nearly jumped up and down at the $30 price tag. I was nervous about trying it at home though, worried that it would never perform well for my now short thick and curly hair. My worries were needless because this system rocks! I'm sure that it works better on my short hair than it would on hair beyond shoulder length, but this is actually easier to use on short hair when trying to achieve a flipped under smooth style than a round brush and traditional dryer. Yes, easier. It also adds wonderful amounts of volume! Yes, it takes a few days to get the hang of which angle you need the attachment at, but after that point it's simple. I haven't managed to get stick straight face pieces with this, they always curve under at the end, but it looks nice and I can SKIP the Chi on many days now! Drying takes me about 10 minutes now and literally under 30 seconds with the flat iron. WOW WOW WOW. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by AmandaLeeDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this hair dryer. I have thick, curly, frizz-prone hair, and I think it is a great product for someone who likes to blow her hair straight but is bad with a dryer and a round brush.

Keep in mind, the attachment takes a while to get used to--- for a few weeks, I really struggled with it. But eventually, I learned just to be patient and feed small sections of hair through it one at a time, which made all of the difference.

Now, my blow-outs last much longer and are much straighter and shinier than they are when I use a brush and a regular hair dryer, particularly when I use a straightening lotion like Rusk STR8. I still have to use my flat-iron to do touch-ups around my face, but I save a lot of time and don't have to use the flat-iron nearly as much as before!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have very thick, curly, coarse hair which I prefer straight but I hate the hours it takes to straighten it. With this hairdryer/brush thing (haha what is this thing?) I can get my hair decent looking (not perfect) in about 20 minutes to half an hour. I will still have a few crimps in the back of my hair, but to go from soaking wet to "ok this looks pretty good" in 30 minutes is great for me. My hair does seem to get very knotted throughout the day when i use this, but I can't blame the product I probably just have hair that tangles easily when it's worn down. The price isn't bad considering how convenient the product is, it takes a bit of getting used to to see what it can do but it's worth a try if you want something that can straighten out your hair quick.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nabaztag

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is going to sound weird, but it made my skin break out. Ok, inflamed, red, and swollen all over. My roommate thought I was drunk, but at 4pm it didn't seem all that likely. Yes, Gentle Reader, I was using the hair dryer on my hair, not on my face.
I enthusiastically went to Bed, Bath & Beyond with one of their 20% Off coupons, got it for $50 including tax (this was after the coupon). It took 30 minutes to rip the hair dryer out of the enormous amount of packaging, then I actually diligently READ the directions, an act worthy of a standing ovation for me. The attachment part swivels around 360 degrees, so you don't have to risk carpel tunnel syndrome doing your hair. I blow dried to almost dry, as directed, snapped on the attachment, sectioned my hair, and went to work.
Numerous passes over the same sections resulted in straight but hay-looking hair. I kept the tension dial on '4' (the highest, the instructions said to start there and turn it down if it felt too tight). My hair kept slipping out so I tried using larger/thicker sections. Still the same hay-like hair. Still the same slippage. I had to actually hold my hair against the flocked part (this is what adds the so-called 'shine'), which meant that my finger was constantly in risk of 2nd degree burns. And the 360 degree swivel feature didn't work too well, it doesn't swivel on its own, you have to stop the dryer, simultaneously depress two buttons, remove the attachment, and then reposition it in one of the preset 8 positions. I can just turn my hand faster than all that removing, pressing, repositioning.
After finishing my entire head, I was left with straight, very dry, damaged looking hair. It had more volume than if I used my flat iron, but no more shine than if I just used a regular hair dryer and a paddle brush.
I really had high hopes for this. It's small, red, lightweight, quieter than my old hair dryer even though it's the same wattage (or are they all this quiet now? mine's older). I used to straighten my hair with a dryer and a boar bristle brush, gave better results than this expensive contraption, but the whole reason I stopped using a hair dryer was because I wanted to protect my ears from the noise.
So for the past two years I've been letting my hair air dry and then straightening it with a flat iron (Sedu, since you may ask, adore it). I thought about using this post-workouts. I usually wash my hair every other day, but if it's raining then I have to dry it every day (I run).
In conclusion, it SUCKED. It did nothing special for the Brillo pad that is my hair, took the same amount of time as flat ironing since you have to do your hair in sections, and my face is flaming red. It matches the color of the dryer. Maybe I'm allergic to the ions? I am slightly allergic to Aveda's tourmaline products, but since this was going on my hair not on my face I didn't think it would matter. Really weird, will update. (I have been using my regular hair dryer intermittently in the past 2 years, no redness, so it can't be from heat exposure).
Update: It went back to the store. I don't need this much drama from a hair dryer. And my skin is back to normal as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Ciji63

This review is for the hot air brush version of the hair designer. I am so glad they finally came out with something for us gals who can not manage a brush and dryer at the same time to get an awesome blowout. It really does add shine and some volume to my fine wavy medium length hair. It does not give me curls although I can flip my hair under or out easily and of course, make it super straight if I want that look. Super easy to use and I have found that between shampoos, I can spritz some Oscar Blandi Jasmine Protein Mist, run the hair designer thru and it's just like freshly washed hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by amyleegal

This is amazing! Forget the attachment, I think it's the best hairdryer I've ever used! It reminds me of a professional dryer that my stylist uses- doesn't give you all the buttons, just a high or low setting, with the perfect heat- not too hot, but not too cool. It dries my long, past the shoulders, hair quickly, and makes it feel healthy and smooth... So, the attachment, it's just the big cherry on top! I'll blow-dry my hair to where it's almost dry, and then switch to the attachment, use the low setting, and just go through it, and tah-dah, perfect straight, silky, smooth hair. I don't think I'll ever be without this tool- it's just great!
Bottom Line: If you have long hair, and spend a lot of time blow drying, give this multi-tasker a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I love this blowdryer/brush contraption. It is perfect for my hair,you don't need a flat iron or anything afterward. My hair does not look the same if I don't use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this thing! It makes my fine- thin -short -straight (read: impossible) hair look thick- healthy -bouncey- shiney with loads of body! It's aimed at hair that's frizzy, curly, wavy, thick, but what the heck, I'll try anything. Whadya know? It gave me so much body I can't stand myself! All I used was Barex Gloss Spray to protect it from the heat. Not a drop of mousse, wax, etc.
ALso, it eliminates the need for a brush, blowdryer, straightening iron, and all the assorted styling products I was carting around in my case. Now all I need is this and a can of spray. HOO ha am I happy!