July 26, 2014 | 1385 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by avantgardelovers

I LOVEEEE
a little drying or maybe im just not use to matte lipstick/ lip pencils

but even smooth BEAUTIFUL application
and loveee the BRIGHT orangey-red color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 6:38:00 AM More reviews by famous12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Red Square is a sunny, true orange with a hint of red. It is so summery and happy. It reminds me of a fruity, juicy orange. I really like Red Square a lot and it it is one of my favorites from the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. I like the smooth, matte orange especially for Spring and Summer. It is a nice alternative to Nars' Heat Wave and Mac's Lady Danger. I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I believe this was one of my first NARS purchases and I love it. It's a great summer red colour and it looks best when "dabbed in" with a finger to give it a stained look. Looks awesome when tanned. Good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Katybensted

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. Perfect orangey red for those of us who can`t wear blue reds, but also makes teeth look whiter too. The excellent matt finish is very retro and extremely long lasting. It`s a touch drying but nothing a dab of lip balm won`t ease!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by b_electrocuted

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best orange based red I have ever found, except maybe Nars lip lacquer in Flare Up. This is a total Christina Aguilera red. It has great staying power and almost feels like a stain because it is so shher feeling. The color is anything but sheer. It is super pigmented. I am going to the Nras counter to by some other colors today. Don't forget to purchase the Nars sharpener for $6, you will need it!
The packaging is not so great because the cap doesn't really stay on well at all.