December 18, 2014 | 923 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skintone: around NC30
Skin type: Oily combo

Most of the shades run pinkish-orange. Luckily I was given a sample and the closest shade to me was Sand. Now I know some people use this as a foundation, I however used it more like a concealer. I recently got an allergic reaction from a product and it left behind small (flat) spots . So while using other products to fade it I was using this as a concealer. Now the shade was the best I could find but definitely was not a match. It had a pinkish-orange tone to it and I have yellow-olive skintone. So if I was someone who needed this as a foundation it would look way off compare to my neck. Nonetheless, because the color was that pink/orange shade it almost helped correct the brown spots. I would apply a thin layer of vichy (to color correct) and on top a thin layer of my own yellow based concealer or foundation. The finish of vichy dermablend is matte (natural looking). I believe it does last quite long on my skin...sometimes on hot days I'd have to double check and apply a little more of needed. Now I also found this worked better on brown spots than say red spots(discoloration). I don't think this has amazing full coverage but I guess to each their own. Mind you when it comes to base makeup I prefer sheer-medium natural coverage. I'm not big on full coverage unless it comes to concealers (medium-full). Now the spots are fading nicely but I'm not sure if I would buy this or not. I'm thinking there's probably something better out there... Btw I do prefer this liquid version over the foundation stick(easily looks cakey). Give it a whirl if you're looking for a concealer/foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Babycult

Really love this product!
I was recommended to use this by my dermatologist , as I have been dealing with quite bad acne the last few months that has only really gone away in the last 4 weeks. I was eager to try something new foundation wise, especially that claims to help heal skin faster, or at least not exacerbate acne.
I bought this foundation in shade Opal, as this was the lightest shade available and I'm really light skinned. I half expected it to be really pink toned, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's much more neutral and not as dark as I expected.

Once this foundation sets (which is quite fast) it dries on my skin to an almost matte finish. I have found I get the best results out of this by using a thin layer as a base, letting it set and then putting a thin layer of Bourjois Healthy Mix in shade 51 over the top to give it a glow and lasting power in the summer heat. I also blend and dab this with a beauty blender before I apply the Bourjois, to press it into my skin more- I found that applying it with my fingers or a foundation brush makes it look unnatural and leaves weird lines and marks in the foundation. Pressing it into my face with the damp beauty blender makes it look super natural which I love.
I really like the packaging, and how you can dispense as much as you need. I also think the price is fair for the product and the amount you get, especially considering how little I use. I can see the tube lasting me at least a couple of months, if not longer.

Overall I love this product if I am able to combine it with another product- hence why I am giving it a 4 star rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by msbuttercuo06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'd like to start with the only flaw this product has. The shades. All pharmacy brands have this flaw and Vichy is, sadly, not an exception. The lightest shade in existence, "Opal", looks more like terracota on me. However, it looks good when I'm tanned.
The coverage is really amazing. It does work like photoshop on your skin and it really is VERY highly pigmented. It even covers up my under eye circles a bit which no other product is capable of doing; it gives you such flawless dolly skin (I've got plenty of acne scars and acne going on) that sometimes I add it to moisurizer and use it like that because I don't want my skin to look THAT flawless, it seems unnatural.
The smallest amount of it goes a huge way. I can't get used to it and always end up squeezing out way more product than I need.
It's a tiny bit heavier for my oily/combination skin than I'd like it to be and my face starts shining faster but I don't really think of it as a problem in this particular case. The coverage is to die for.
It's hard to wash/take off. For those of you who, like me, take foundation off by washing your face, I'd recommend using actual makeup remover or some kind of cream or oil, regardless of how greasy and disgusting it will feel. You'll wash the grease off but trying to take Vichy Dermablend off with water and facial cleanser won't work, it just seems to get deeper into your skin every next time you lather your face.
All in all, do recommend for special occasions. This product is a one of a kind.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by idlejo

After returning from holiday with a ridiculous amount of dark sun spots my normal tinted moisturiser just wasn't enough. This works brilliantly, just enough coverage to blend away the spots but still looks natural. I bought the Gold shade as I have a tan but this would be way too dark normally. I had initially bought this to cover some scars on my legs which it did ok but feel I maybe need a little extra coverage for this. But as a corrective facial foundation for me it works well. My skin is dry/combination so haven't suffered from any shine issues some others have managed and the product has lasted the day even without powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by lottea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I have awful acne and large pores! I hate my skin and this product allows me to feel comfortable with going out in public. The coverage is great and the tube lasts months! I use a powder as without it my skin gets a shiny during the day.

I also have a number of scars, the foundations helps hide them as long as they are not raised!

I don't like the tube it comes in and I wish they would make a pump version! Also a great variety of shades would be another improvement.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by AmyScarlettxo

Absolutely love this foundation! I used to have acne and not only does it help the texture of my skin it also covers my scars amazingly! I have tried many others but this hides them the best. The only downfalls are you have to use it with a powder setting foundation such as rimmel stay matte as otherwise it slides off your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do like this foundation, it has great, build able coverage however, it settles a little in the pores send the side of my nose so you really have to blend it out! It does need extra mattifying powder throughout the day, but then if you have oily skin, you should be used to that anyway, foundation isn't going to stop you having oily skin...

The smell is a bit strange, and you can't tell when you are running out which isn't great but overall I do like this foundation and will be buying it again when it runs out.... In a shade darker (my bad for not looking at the shades in store and just buying it online....)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by mmaryk8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Am I the only one disappointed with this foundation? My skin is very oily and acne prone and this foundation did nothing for me! It looked cakey, it made the dry parts of my skin even worse and the worst thing about it is that it made my skin look soooo oily after only half an hour after applying it (even though i used setting powder!) ! It felt so heavy and my face looked like a mess. Def won't be buying this again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Zenith299796

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've hesitated at first when buying this foundation, as I've heard mixed opinions about it , but I finally decided to give it a go and I was not disappointed. First of all, the price is fairly low ; the packaging is not spectacular, but the content was more of interest to me.
I usually have a lot of problems when choosing the shade, but Opal is a good fit for my skin. I found that it is easily applyable and blendable, remains matte throughout the day (I also apply a very thin lair of powder on top of it so it as my skin is very oily in the summertime ) and has a high coverage of skin imperfections. It's not the best foundation I have ever used, but the price to quality ratio is very good. I would certainly use it again and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good foundation in this price range .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Mkendall1994

I never write reviews for products but after using this product I felt that I had to. I have the worse skin ever it's horrible so finding full coverage foundations that work well is difficult. I have used different types such as Mac, Estée Lauder, Lancôme, but after trying this it is amazing! With one layer it covers everything I want without having to wear a concealer. It isn't heavy and feels light on which is nice as some other full coverage foundations can be heavy. I have only just started using it but can tell so far it is a great foundation would definitely recommend!