I really love this product. It does not settle into lines and does not itch--will buy again, but it will really last a long time!
This MMU has great staying power and can be built up to full coverage but if they dont have your exact color it will look wierd I have ML44 and its a tad too orange I need more yellow but if they had my color I would of given it 5 lippies it goes on with a bit of shimmer and it doesnt make you look oily just healthy and disguises those pesky fine lines you may have it does not pool on us oily girls and doesnt go into the fine lines either i might have to buy two color to mix so I can get my exact match. I still love Merle Norman though I usually finish this off with the ultra powder in ultra golden and it stays matte all day.
I had been wearing Bare Escentuals for a few years, but there isn't anywhere in my hometown to buy it, and one day in desperation I stopped at the Merle Norman store. SOOO glad I did! I had tried other mineral make-up but never liked any as well as B.E. Well, this is even better. Just slightly more coverage and the glimmer seems to hide lines a tad better. Most liquid foundations give me bumpy skin but this make-up doesn't at all.
I love this foundation. I love it for reasons unique to me that I'll share. If your skin is similar to mine, or if you're looking for these things - then give it a try :)
1. It suits my skin (cheeks are normal to dry and my t-zone is normal to oily).
2. It photographs amazing!! Whenever I see photos of myself with it, my skin always has that right amount of radiance and smoothness. This surprised me because when you look at it in the jar, it looks glittery. It makes my skin look radiant and smooth in real life too.
3. I can't resist sharing this - I have this friend, and we used to be all-nighter buddies, because we'd be in the library in the wee hours of the morning frantically starting and finishing whatever paper was due the next day. One time I finished my paper at home. In the morning, when I went to hand my paper in, I had this foundation on. My friend asked me how many hours I'd slept. When I said "none", he had this shocked look on his face! Then said, "Wow... you don't look like it at all"
4. my sister and I were in the Middle East one summer. It was so hot, sweaty, and sticky. One day I noticed she was quite perky. It turned out she was wearing this. That's when I first started wearing it. For whatever reason, it seemed to absorb the sweat or the stickiness or something. It's strange to say, but it made a huge difference to our energy levels just because we didn't feel as sticky anymore. Plus also, we felt pretty :)
5. Titanium dioxide is the 3rd ingredient, which is a chemical sunscreen. I am quite pale (NC15-NC20). I find this does a pretty good job of protecting my skin (I've worn it in the Middle East and in Thailand. I do wear Mac studio finish concealer which has an spf 30 over any hyperpigmented spots)
6. It comes in a huge jar. I apply this stuff quite liberally, without thinking about conserving it, and one jar lasts me about 6-8 months. (14 g or 50 oz for $40 CAD)
7. It doesn't break me out. I was using this, then switched to the Laura Mercier mineral powder because the colour suited me better - but it broke me out horribly (I still have hyperpigmentation marks). I think it's because it contained bismuth oxychloride.
Con: there isn't a wide range of colours, however, I've found that by mixing L10 and L20 in a 2:5 or 1:2 ratio, matches me pretty well.
Bottom line: This is my favourite foundation. It's my old faithful. I try other ones out of curiosity or for a different finish, but I always come back to this one :)
Although a little more on the pricier side, this really is a nice powder foundation-very light and non-irritating. With that said, it doesn't cover blemishes very well, and it's not very build-able either. I sometimes dust a little over one of my more heavier foundations to add a little 'sparkle'. The foundation has a shimmer to it, so I wouldn't recommend applying it to any oily-prone areas. Overall, its a really great investment and it lasts forever (however, I use mine only sparingly-so maybe that's why it lasts!). Regardless, it's a great powder alone or with other foundations.
This is my HG foundation!
~matches my skin tone perfectly
~stays on well
~only 4 ingredients!!!
~doesn't irrtate my skin or break it out.
~package sucks hard to get any foundation out(mine container looks different than the one shown in the picture)
~expensive (cost me $30 taxes included.)
~Has glitter in it but that doesn't bother me but for some people i know it will.
EDIT:not to crazy about this now i found that my skin is so oily at the end of the school day that I can't wait to get home and remove it.It also transfer so easy i can't even scratch my face without getting foundation on my fingers.. and i thought you get so much product but you don't even get a full Oz.you get A half of an oz. o_O so thats really expensive.It does give me full coverage without irration but I know there is so many more foundation out there that is cheaper and works better than this so I wouldn't repurchase
I've been wanting to try this for a long time but don't live near a Merle Norman store. While vacationing near a store I stopped in and picked some up. I absolutely love it! It gives a slightly luminous coverage that looks very natural. I am happy with how nicely it blends into my skin, I use it over a primer and apply with a dense flat top powder brush. I've been looking for the right foundation for my very problematic skin for years and this is it! I'm so glad th owner said she will ship me anything else I need in the future because it's pretty hard to come by if you don't live near one of their stores.
This is my daily foundation. As someone who suffered from Acne and 3 rounds of Accutane I am VERY cautious of what foundation goes on my face. I�ve been using this for over a year, and have just gone back to buy my second container. This hasn�t made me break out at all since I started using a year ago (daily use).
The coverage is great, can be light but can easily be layered for stronger coverage, without looking cakey. Yes it�s a little more pricey, but when it last over a year with daily use I can not complain about the $35 I paid for it. Although it looks a bit shimmery in the container, does not appear that way on skin. The shimmer only helps to make a very natural glow. On warm days or going out at night I will use a bit of MAC Blot Powder to stop any possibly oiliness. I was considering Laura Mercier mineral foundation, but it�s hard to stop a good thing like Merle Normans.
Keeps skin clear/acne free
Good skin color match
I'm on my 3rd year of using this foundation. Still keeps me from having breakouts, and leaves a perfect coverage without any caked on feel. However still HATE the packaging, it's huge and takes up so much room. Hope they change that soon.
I have tried almost every mineral foundation and jsut always bought BE because it was easy. I agree with many reviewers that think MN is make-up for the more mature lady, but this brand is amazing. The minerals are the best I have tried and the product with last an entire year with daily use. I love this product for my aging skin, does not go into wrinkles or creases and has a MUCH better coverage than BE. I will never purchase BE again!
I love Merle Norman mineral makeup. I have tried so many different brand names of makeup - liquid and mineral - and this is the best makeup I have found. It doesn't break me out, looks and feels completely natural. I find a jar lasts me a year or more. My mother and sister started using it, too and they both love it. I use a L10 in the loose powder and it matches my skin perfectly. Just love this stuff!