October 25, 2014 | 1873 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE Gel Eye Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by tatouchs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great gel liner. It's absolutely water, sweat and smudge proof. HG

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Green_Tea

Great formula! I like this much more than Bobbi Brown and Mac. Smoother application, and long lasting.

Will definitely purchase again!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is by far the best gel eyeliner I have tried. The only one that doesn't smudge on me and lasts all day. The texture is lighter and smoother than Bobbi Brown, which makes it easier to apply. It does dry fairly quickly so a fast hand in application is required. Love love love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by insayn

Highly pigmented, and it does smudge since my outer corners are quite oily. It is comparable to the Bobbi Brown one, but the only down side is that it dries out way too quickly. One third into using the product it was already starting to dry out. I'm almost half way now but I have to scoop away the surface to reach into the bits where it's still creamy and not flaky. What annoys me the most is that I have to clean my brush every single day because it dries out on my brush, when I used the Bobbi Brown one I didn't have to clean it too often!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by renastar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using gel liners for the past 6 to 7 years and this is the best gel liner I've come across. I've tried several different brands (Smashbox, Revlon, Bobbi Brown, Stila) but I always found something wrong with them. Smashbox dries out too quickly. Revlon doesn't stay on all day. Bobbi Brown and Stila smear too easily. Kate is THE holy grail of all gel liners. The only complaint I have is the huge markup in the US. Ebay and YesStyle charges you $14- $18. With shipping it ends up costing more than Smashbox or Bobbi Brown. I remember buying a pot for about $6 in Japan and HK.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

I bought this in BK-1 (matte black) on Ebay. First off, the packaging is really nice, it's in a tiny glass jar. I use this with my Sonia Kashuk Bent Eyeliner Brush $6 at Target. Most liquid eyeliners and gel eyeliners start smudging on me after 2-3 hours because I have extremely oily lids. However, the Kate gel eyeliner lasts about 8 hours, which is great! It's the longest I've ever had an eyeliner last on me. The only bad thing I have to say about it, is that it's difficult to wash off at the end of the day. You'll need to use a good makeup remover.

Pro:
-waterproof, smudge proof
-creamy
-doesn't fade
-long lasting

Con:
-hard to wash off
-buy online if you're in the US

Overall, I would repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by shi000

I bought the BK-3 color (black with silver sparkles) while I was in Japan in 2009. The eyeliner was creamy, highly pigmented, and applied fairly smoothly. It had good lasting power too. I have oily lids, and the liner smudged only a little after a few hours of wear (good in my experience). By the end of the day, I would still have a dark, clear line, but with more smudging. The color was just what I was looking for as well. Not too glittery, a bit of glam, but subtle enough to wear everyday. I did have some issues with flaking however. It would flake a bit towards the end of the day.

Back when I purchased it, it came with a brush as well. I noticed other reviews praising the quality of the brush. I don't really agree. I thought the brush was only OK, and much prefer an angled eyeliner brush over it. In my experience, after washing the brush several times, the bristles became rougher, and the brush would clump the product on, and cause more fall-out which irritated my eyes. Those looking for a good eyeliner brush should check out Sephora's angled eyeliner brush #23. The shape makes applying so easy!

Also, I have since thrown away the jar since it had started to dry up and cause more clumps/fall-out, but after a year of almost daily use, there was still a good amount of product left, maybe a third? So the jar may seem small, but it lasts forever (or at least until it starts to dry up).

So overall, I would say this is a pretty good gel eyeliner. Sometimes I felt that the consistency could have been smoother. Also, the flaking got annoying. I liked the color and results enough to put up with this though. I have not tried MAC fluidline, but many of my friends use it, and I would say MAC eyeliner has a much deeper, more intense black color. However, this liner was good for its price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by warsaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried a few gel eyeliners to use for my upper lashline and I found this one to be better than both Mac Fluidline and Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners.
The colour is an opaque deep black and has good staying power which the others do not have. It dries quickly but is easy to use. I bought it together with the matching eyeliner brush which is very good.
I use this to create a winged eye look. The only dissapointment is that it transfers to my upper eyelid but not a much as the other gel eyeliners, but I have this problem with all the gel eyeliners I have tried.
Overall I think its a very good quality gel eyeliner for the price that you pay, as it is not too expensive. But I have found that liquid eyeliner is more suitable for my sixties winged eye look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my second gel eyeliner, as you might have known, my first one is the maybelline gel eyeliner in black, now since I have a black eyeliner, I decided to get a brown one hearing about my older cousin saying how good it was.
AND IT IS GOOD.
It last all day! very creamy comes in 6 colors ( Black, Grey, Black with glitter, Brown, Dark Blue, and Clear) and it's cheap. HKD $69 but it is quite a tiny jar, but who needs so much eyeliner that it dries out and unhygienic?

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this when I was in Japan a few years back, when this came with the eyeliner brush as a package, not seperately.

That being said, it was worth it alone for the brush (price-wise) and the gel liner was alright, nothing to rave about. I used it while I had it, and I liked the packaging since the amount was much smaller than the oversized larger ones from HE lines, which meant that I had less time for this to dry out before I finished it.

That being said, I won't repurchase as it wasn't nearly black/opaque enough for me, and it did flake on me. :/