July 30, 2014 | 1029 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lip Stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I bought this is in a few colours -Beloved, Valentine, Frenzy, Crave, Forbidden, Flame, Desire, and my favourite is "Passion" - some don't show up like the lighter nude shades barely show up on my lips. But the pinks and reds looks really nice. They go on soft and really do look like you just bit your lips - sheer, natural colour and like your lips but much better. Passion shows up like a bright pink shade. The stain lasts about 6 hours and I don't really like the application of it but way it looks is worth it to me. I don't really use the balm side, I usually use any plain lip balm.

I am slightly shocked by some of the bad reviews but this isn't for a full-on lipstick colour, just a stain - and for that this is a great product. It can be slightly drying so you do need to re-apply lip balms throughout the day.

Overall, I think it's worth the price and I would repurchase. I like this for a subtle lip colour at work. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a sheer wash of colour for the lips without that obvious "lipsticked" look.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by courteey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never used any sort of lip stain before, though. I've got this in "crave" and "victorian". I love the colour of both. Because they are stains I never expected the colour to come out opaque, which it doesn't, but if i put on a second or third layer, the colour really shows very well. That being said, one layer still does add a decent amount of colour. "Crave" and "victorian" are darker colours (crave especially), so I don't know how well the lighter stains would show up on lips.

DEFINITELY use the balm (or any clear lip balm will work, I've found) otherwise it will feel very drying. With balm it's fine.

As for staying power, these stains last quite a long time for me. The colour is still there after around 4 hours, even though I drink water throughout the day. As for eating, it depends on what I eat. I have eaten a sandwich with this on and it was still there afterwards. But if you eat a full on meal it will likely come off and will need to be reapplied.

The packaging is really where this product falls short. I don't WHY they thought the way it is packaged was a good idea. The balm on my "crave" broke, which was disappointing but I just use any other clear balm and it works the same. The balm should really be retractable, I have no idea why it isn't.

Another shortcoming of this product is that when applying it on my upper lip, the colour doesn't come out of felt tip very well, but I just hold it upside down for a few seconds so the colour flows to the tip and keep going. It's not a big issue, in my opinion.

Overall I like these lip stains, and I will probably purchase one again. (I've got my eye on "gothic").

PS: I've had these two stains for about a year now, though I haven't used them THAT much since I purchased them. I recently rediscovered them when I was sorting through my makeup and throwing away stuff I no longer used. I expected them to be dried out, but when I applied them, they were still perfectly good!! So they've got a pretty long shelf-life.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by InLove205

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised to see such low ratings for this product. I had been looking for a good stain for a while now. My lips are well-shaped though not too plump and I usually wear dark reds but I needed something different to pull off the au naturel look. I saw this in the shelf and I was tempted to buy it because Revlon has a wonderful line of lipsticks that are very much affordable.

This product is NOT meant to make wonders happen: if you have uneven lips in terms of colour and/or shape maybe you need to reconsider and apply other products instead. I just needed to enhance my pale pink lips and the Victorian shade was perfect for me!

Granted, I have only been using it for a couple of days so I do not know how drying it is (as so,e have claimed) but for once in a while this is a great product. It does not come off and the balm gives a nice shine.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The only negative thing I have to say about this is it's visibility. My upper lip is darker than my lower lip, and the lip stain is only visible on my lower lip. No matter how many times I reapply it. It was so obvious my family asked why half of my lips were red. Other than that it went on smoothly and lasted more than my other lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Shauneexo

I don't like how applying this feels. I literally feel like I'm applying one of those scented markers (90's kids, you know what I'm talking about) to my lips. It doesn't really seem to last either, isn't the whole point of a stain to stain? Anyway, it dries out my lips and kind of stings them as well, so I am still on the hunt for a lip stain I like. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the colors but does not hydrate my lips at all. I like the beige lighter color that adds a nice gloss and shine to my lips. I try to apply chap stick or vaseline before putting this gloss on to prolong the color and moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this stain!!! Looks very natural and not too dark when I apply to my bottom lip and then rub my lips together. Lasts all day. I have has no trouble with the balm breaking and I have bought several tubes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by vjagger

Broken balm instantly. Uneven colour. Pass

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by radiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The stain itself was ok. It applied well and stuck right away. Felt like it seeped into your lips quickly, which was good. It lasted for about a few hours max before it needed reapplying and would certaintly come off if you drank or ate anything. But I think that's where the ok and good ended for me. The balm broke off the first day I used it because for some crazy reason, Revlon decided to plant a stick of buttery balm, upright at the end of a marker. Of course it's going to break off! Not that it really mattered, it did nothing to enhance the color but just added some shine .

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by tinsel5001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The balm packaging is a joke. It broke upon first use for me like everyone else. Who at Revlon thought this was a good idea? It should go up & down so it doesn't break. Worthless. Good idea --- very bad execution. Laughable.

The stain is not good either. Very drying, wears unevenly.

e.l.f. does a much job with their less expensive stains.

Will not repurchase ever. Wouldn't use if it were a gift. Too bad. Wanted to like this.