October 21, 2014 | 2087 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - Sky

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Got this for my sweet 9 yr old niece who likes it a lot! She loves the little ring too of course;) The polish requires two coats to show well and three to be truly opaque. I applied a Brucci iridescent (In The Buff) to bring out the iridescence in this one. Two coats of that under two coats of Sky, and very pretty. The top coat is a Jordana Hardening one with a slight blue tint, used that to also accentuate the blue. I bet my niece will be the envy of all the girls in 4th grade tomorrow!

Love the packaging so much!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mellowlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love this beautiful color. It is a pale baby blue. I only wish the quality was better. First coat will be streaky. It looks OK with 2 coats, but you need 3 coats for it to be opaque. I adore how it looks, but 3 coats take a long time to dry and harden and I end up messing it up a little. The heart ring freebie is super cute. It makes me want to be 13 again so I can wear it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I have the original Hard Candy version of sky and I love this color. I love using this on my toes and as a French manure color instead of the white. It really pops with a tan. It comes with a little jelly ring too with it cute, but I rarely wear it. I think this color is pretty unique, I haven't found a good dupe for it but I haven't tried the new Wal Mart version either. I loathe original Hard Candy line, in my opinion the new version does not compare to what it was when it was high end.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by facetious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never had the original Sky so I don't know how it would compare. Wall-Mart's LE Sky is a faded sky blue with blue iridescence but it applies as a faded sky blue creme. Really faded, it almost looks like white out. I haven't been able to bring out the blue iridescence. Maybe Hard Candy's other creme polish Frenzy gave me high expectations but this was kind of disappointing. The formula was really thin which was nice but it was very sheer and streaky. It took 5 coats for Sky to be opaque, less if I just piled the stuff on. It lasted pretty nicely. I wish I hadn't paid as much as I did for this because I probably won't be using this as much but I don't regret buying it because it looks really pretty in the bottle. Yes, I'm one of those freaks who'll waste money on nail polish and just look at the bottle.

Edit- Tried wearing this as a sheer, jelly-esque type of polish with only 2 coats, didn't work all that well but only because I have deep ridges on my nails and my skin color doesn't play nicely with sheer faded sky blue. I think I'll stick to using a white base underneath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I, too, have the Walmart Hard Candy version of Sky, which appears to be LE for Fall/Winter 2010.

I normally wear dark colors on my nails, so I bought this as a novelty and also because I had always heard about the iconic Sky polish from the original HC line and wanted to try it.

This particular edition is quite runny and the brush sucks. It goes on rather streaky, but after 3 coats it looks fine. It is kind of pearly when wet, but dries as a cream finish. The wear was about 5 days for me before it began to look gross without any base or top coats.

Over all, I think this is an amusing novelty, but I don't think I would repurchase this color. I don't think I will be using it all that much. But, if you are interested in picking this up, you should.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by jaybirdiscrafty

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the new Sky that just came out at Walmart. It is a gorgeous light blue with a slight opal shimmer. Beautiful color! The application is streaky. Do not like that. Not sure about wear. *** I came back to add about wear. I work at a distillery and do manual labor. This polish didn't chip. I have one spot of wear on my thumb. Normally my polish is destroyed after a day at work. I'm wearing Seche Clear base coat, 3 coats of Sky and 1 coat of Poshe top coat. THis is a winner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful color and very on-trend at the moment. It is a bit streaky so you have to be careful to apply it in 3 thin coats to get even enough coverage. It also looks great with a tan. I agree with the previous reviewer that 10 sky-blue fingernails are a bit much, although it looks pretty on some women. I think this is going to be my top toenail polish for this summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I loved Hard Candy nail polishes when I was in Highschool. Everyone mentions the nostalgia factor and I agree. The polishes were streaky and it took forever to apply them correctly but you wont find any colours as vivid as these. Especially back in the 90's. Sky was my all time favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by LexzCW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I have to agree with the other reviewers about this product. If I were reviewing on color alone (and nostalgia factor) this would get five lippies. I have never found another polish with the same shade, and I personally like the bottle with it's little rubber ring. However, the formula would get just one. It's awfully streaky, and it takes about three or four coats for me to get even coverage. A polish master might have a better time with this, but I don't like having to apply any more than two coats because my polishing skills are just not that good. As a result I like to wear this on my toes where the imperfections are less noticeable to me. Also, somehow it seems more normal for me to wear this on my toes rather than having ten sky blue fingertips. I do wish that HC would reformulate this, or set up a licensing deal with OPI or someone. But, even if this polish never changes I will still buy it, and it is the only polish I have ever felt the need to own a back up of.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by cranberry7

I missed this when it first came out - I was a bit young. My curiousity got the best of me and I bought it. I absolutely love the color! I was worried since it's a bit "funky," but it's really beautiful looking. With a topcoat, it lasts for over a week with very minimal chipping. The reason I only rated it a 4 was because it's a bit streaky.