October 24, 2014 | 1008 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by a81shivani

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got the towelettes as a sample from my doctor and loved them - actually kept me dry too which was weird because I know this is not an antiperspirant (and most antiperspirants can't keep me dry). Anyway, bought the rollon because I thought it would work just as well. It's okay - like the other users have noted, you have to squeeze the bottle to get enough product out so that it is effective (otherwise i found it was not effective at all). So while it works, I have to see how fast I go through the bottle to see if it is worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally found a deodorant I'm really happy with!

Pros:
-really does prevent odor all day for me, even in warm weather
-doesn't sting even if I just shaved
-doesn't stain clothes or skin
-very few ingredients (water, potassium alum, cellulose)
-doesn't interfere with perfume (I have the unscented version)
-dries quickly compared to other non-solids

Cons:
-not an antiperspirant (you still sweat)
-applies wet so you have to wait a minute before getting dressed
-must be applied to clean skin (it works by forming a protective barrier) so you can't just add another layer before going out for the evening - you have to spot wash first

I prefer this to their rock version, which I used two sticks of in the past. I found it would eventually break and become unusable. Also, it took that little extra bit of time to wet it before using.

I also prefer this to a spray version (I used the Naturally Fresh brand, but again just potassium alum and water). I found it stung after I shaved, and, strangely, turned my skin yellowy after I'd been using it for a while. Also, as an asthmatic, I try not to use spray products that do get in the airways, no matter how natural the product is.

In comparison to those two previous products and other roll-ons I've tried, I feel this dries quicker. I haven't timed it, but I feel like it dries particularly quickly. I've never had to postpone getting dressed just because of this - I just moisturize my legs and find it's dry.

I had to get used to the application at first. The roller part is smaller and doesn't "roll" as much as other roll-ons I'd used. So at first I felt like it wasn't going on, but when I looked, I saw it was. It can stick a bit, which you can remedy by quickly turning it upside down before you unscrew the cap. Also I learned to make sure to screw the cap tightly when traveling by plane (a small amount leaked into the cap once).

I highly recommend this if you're looking for a deodorant (not an antiperspirant) that works and you don't mind using potassium alum (I know there are some people who feel healthwise it's not that different from using aluminum chloride.)

A tip - because this has to be applied to clean skin, make sure your body wash is really cleaning your underarms (do a sniff test before stepping out of the shower). You may find it best to use something stronger, maybe a soap, just in that area.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Thegoodbadugly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on to search for a natural antiperspirant, is there such available at DS? I purchased this fragrance-free item many, many months ago at Walmart for less than $4. I've been a loyal Dry Idea (does contain Aluminum) user for years. After 2 weeks and as time progresses, I think the Crystal is a working better meaning that even if I do sweat there is no odor. Of course, during moments when I'm under intense "pressure" or the rare moment of rage (smile) it does not prevent the underarm perspiration. So, I only use it when I'm not on a business trip.

Edit: December 2, 2012. Found another use - my boyfriend's feet! Purchased 1 bottle where the ball wouldn't roll properly and if you squeezed hard then the liquid just ran down the sides of the bottle , so passed it on and (praise) it's working! I know that it's working because of the missing odor -he lives in boots. I'm also using it occasionally on the bottom of my feet and although I didn't have a malodor issue there's no longer that typical foot odor that occurs if you're feet sweat , eg., when wearing socks and closed-toe shoes. Still using it in the same manner as described above and noticed that no matter how much I sweat (started exercising) it prevents underarm odor. Very pleased with that!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

This did nothing for me. I could have used plain water instead. Got mine from Iherb. Just wanted this for odour control, because my armpits are quite dry. And yes, I did use it as it was ment to be used. This was a huge disappointment, as I really wanted it to work. Back to normal deodorants I went, and could not have been happier with them. Oh, wait... I AM happier with them now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This is the best NON Aluminum deodorant that I have ever used. Usually anytime I wear that I wear any deodorant without the Aluminum I end up smelling quite bad at the end of the day but not with this. You just have to make sure to put this on right after you shower on a completely dry armpit. Let it soak in for about 5 minutes while you are getting ready in the morning and you will be odor free all day! I have the Pomegranite one and it smells so good too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Don't forget to get it wet! Many a potential fan has had problems because of that. It just works ... you still sweat, because it's not an anti-perspirant, but you don't smell like anything! Totally hypo-allergenic, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I still use conventional anti-perspirant/deodorants a couple of times a week, but after years of trial and error I've finally found a natural deodorant that I'm really happy with. Over the past couple of years I've tried all the scents and also the spray versions. These are so gentle, there's no icky residue, the scents are very light and fresh, they're ridiculously cheap and best of all - they really do a good job keeping me free of BO. They're fine to use straight after shaving (I use the unscented spray then to minimize any risk of irritation.) My favourite one is the chamomile green tea roll-on. I heartily agree with everything the poster below has to say re some of the bad reviews. This is a natural roll-on DEODORANT and it makes no sense to compare it to a stick of secret or similar. For what it is, it's perfect imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Started using this instead of the Liquid Rock which I'd been using for several years, b/c I ran out of my LR and could't find it around town. The Liquid Crystal is available at Walgreens (tho much cheaper online at places such as vitacost.com) so I grabbed it in the lavender/white tea scent. It works just as well as the LR, and seems to dry faster.

You have to (or at least I have to) *gently* squeeze the roll on bottle to get the liquid to dispense on to the roller ball, and the n apply it. The LR was so runny it would just drip out around the roller ball and was rather messy that way. The scent of this product is very nice, but not at all overpowering, and seems to disappear when dry, which is great.

One thing - It drives me up a tree when people gripe "ew, it's wet" and "ew, I still sweat" when writing about this product.

People, it's a ROLL ON DEODORANT. That means it is (a) liquid, as all ROLL ON deodorants are, so it *will* be wet, and (b) it is a DEODORANT, not an antipersperant, so you will still sweat.

In sum, it works very well at a very reasonable price, and I absolutely will buy it again. If you want to try it, now you know it goes on wet and won't keep you from sweating, but it should help keep you from sending people fleeing in all directions when you raise your arms. :)

Hope this helps!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love love love the lavendar white tea scent! I initially tried the towelettes and fell in love with it...so went out and bought the roll on deodorant. Been using for a few months and will never buy another brand again, this is HG status for me. I used to hate putting on deodorant, but ever since finding this, I actually want to put it on. Roll on felt weird at first since I was a stick person before like so many other people, but you get used to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by RandomMusing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

For years I've been searching for a deodorant that doesn't irritate my skin. Everything I tried would give me a horrible rash under my arms and the deodorant scents would always mix with my BO and end up smelling all funky.

I decided to give this a try. I got the Lavender / white tea scent, which smells very clean and natural, but doesn't last long (unfortunately) Bottom Line, this stuff works! No underarm odor at all, no funky smell, it's really a miracle product. My pits are rash free, itch free and stink free. Love it, I'll never go back to "normal" deodorant again.