November 25, 2014 | 1812 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by iwannavacation

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not happy with this product. Used this product on one side of my face and Visionaire on the other side for 1.5 weeks. dramatic difference. Wrinkles plumped and smoothed on the Visionaire side - no chance in the wrinkles on the Protect and Perfect side. Several cystic pimples on my nose forehead and cheek. I never get these.

Edit: ok now that I've been using it awhile no more pimples. Still the Visionaire side is getting better results. Upgraded to 3 lippies.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by GoldenMonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product to use in conjunction with the rest of the protect and perfect range.
It does feel nice to put on, it glides on smoothly, however I wonder how much of this is to do with the silicone nature of the product.
I can't comment purely on this product as I was using it along with the other moisturisers but although it felt nice on at first I felt that the range was too heavy and greasy for me. This surprised me as normally I have dry skin.
If i'm honest although I liked to think the serum was working at the time, it wasn't really working. The serum didn't last that long about 2 months and when I ran out of it I stopped using it and my skin looks exactly the same as it did before I started using it.
I put that I would buy it again but to be honest I probably won't. It's not a bad product, it was nice enough, I just don't think it lived up to it's hype in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by juliastockholm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff works. I don't know how, and honestly I don't really care. I have this wrinkle across my forehead, or, at least I did. I apply this onto it before I put on moisturiser, and now, it is almost completely gone. It took a few weeks before it started working, and I was using it out of habit for a while, not really thinking it would work.

One day, I was looking at my reflection in the mirror, thinking I looked rather well slept for a change. Then I thought oh, well that's probably because the wrinkle is gone- wait what!? I have carried on using it since then and I do not see myself giving it up.

I don't mind the boring, cheap looking tube in this case, the results speak for them selves. No shiny gold lids are needed for this one. The price is really good too, serums can be stupid expensive so I am happy to have found a cheap altenative that does what I want it to.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Amie83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used this for 2 monts. It has reduced pore size on cheeks, softened lines around eyes and "marionett lines". Overall my skin has got a nice glow.
It hasn't removed deep forehead expression lines, but not sure if anything will, or maybe it just takes longer for any change on that area.
No adverse effects and affordable price. Recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kellyvision

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about 5 years now. I repurchase it because I feel it improves the condition of my skin. I have had a few months here and there where I didn't use it (usually due to running out and not having the money to buy more) and I noticed my skin doesn't look as good as when I am using it.

I apply it morning and night under Boots Protect and Perfect Intense moisturiser.

I give it 4 lippies as I don't find it the best base for makeup. I would like to try Visionnaire by Lancome next and see if that is any better.

For the price, I highly recommend giving this serum a go. It does say to use for 4 weeks before you see results. I wonder what I would look like now if hadn't been using for 5 years! Maybe the same, who knows! People never guess that I'm 30 (usually think I'm early 20s so perhaps it is doing its job).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by oudette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the intense serum and have been getting compliments on my skin. My husband even asked me what products I use as he noticed the difference on my skin.

I use the serum every night after my Castor Oil routine (please see my other review) and in the morning before I apply my No7 day cream.

I have oily skin and with my Castor oil cleansing routine and boots product I don't look like I'm ready to fry pork chops on my face before the end of the day. Dark blemish spots and sun spots on my face fading with these combo.

Good Luck!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by kriskwon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this product after I read that Good Housekeeping rated it the #1 Beauty Serum and I think most people know how intense their testing is. It has also won in some "Best of Beauty" lists from various magazines. I am 52 years old and most people think that I'm in my late 30's. This didn't happen until AFTER I started using this. I also have VERY sensative skin and have never had a problem. Yes, it DOES make your skin soft -but it also reduced any spotting I had, reduced the size of my pores around my nose, and most of all helped my fine lines almost disappear!! I love this stuff and wouldn't change for nothing!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Add my name to the group who broke out like mad. Within days of using morning & evenings, I broke out into cysts and annoying little whiteheads all over my jawline & forehead. At first, I put it down to stress, PMS, etc. then realised my skin returned to normal immediately after I quit using this.

Fortunately, there are some pros to the product; my skin just doesn't seem to react well too it (odd, because 'cone heavy primers never bother me). The texture spreads nicely, and it does leave dehydrated skin feeling nice. The packaging is also very spendy looking; much more so than other products around the same price.

Will not repurchase; I've learned my lesson.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by clarathehygienist

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the product may make your skin feel nice when on however if you read the ingredients ( and most of us are more savy now due to the internet) they dont DO anything other than make your skin feel nice when on.... serums shoul make your skin feel nice and do anti aging as well...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is nothing special, just look at the ingredients. I used it for a long time but it wasn't really doing anything rather than make my skin feel soft. There are far better serums out there, olay regenerist for one.I remember when this came out, you couldn't get it in boots because testing at Manchester university said this actually worked.It's the retinol in it that's supposed to do the trick. However lots of products contain retinol.What boots didn't tell you however, was that they PAID man university to do the survey. Says it all really.