October 26, 2014 | 848 users online

Sunscreen - Garnier - Garnier Ambre Solaire Clear Protect 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a BOGOF on this which made it worth trying. A clear sunscreen at last, finally the manufacturers are taking note - or so I thought. My smile quickly changed to a grimace. The smell of this is so overpowering, it's like a sickly, floral hairspray odour from the seventies. Yuck. It's gel like and a bit sticky. The concept of a CLEAR sunscreen is in itself, such a brilliant idea as the titanium dioxide from the white sunscreens stains anything black, including the dashboard panels in my car (grrrr), but why did they have to add this horrid smell to it? Is it being used to disguise an even less pleasant odour in the liquid?

Ten points for effort, zero for wearability.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2007 4:44:00 AM More reviews by em1387

i received a sample of this in marie claire magazine over here in the UK. I was going to an outdoor bbq and decided to try it mainly because i couldn't find my usual body sunscreen what with it being the first sunny days of the year! I was very wary of using it when i saw on the back that it is extremely flammable, are all sunscreens like this? Anyway i opened the pouch and my god: it smells so much like rubbing alcohol that i was almost sick! I noticed that the texture was quite oily but it did sink in very quickly. However when i was bending down to put it on my legs, the alcohol made my eyes sting, its that strong. I really wouldn't advise anyone to buy this, the alcohol in it is too much in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is weird because it's clear. It claims to be oil-free but still feels oily and is very shiny. It also has a lot of alcohol. The cap for the spray bottle breaks easily. I don't really like using this on my face - too shiny, or on my body/neck/etc. - too oily feeling. It seemed like a neat idea but doesn't really perform that well.