August 2, 2014 | 1157 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Hydra Zen

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by ChubbyBunny3698

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is amazing! Though I have oily skin and I'm aware that this moisturizer is for normal to dry skin, but I'm still enthusiastic about try out this moisturizer. I used the small sample, that come it with other Lancome product from Lancome. I usually only use it before I go to sleep, because my skin repairs and rejuvenate the most at night and in the morning I would have soft, silky skin. The moisturizer feel so creamy and water-beased when I apply it to my skin, I can feel that it starts sinking in my skin and hydrated it the minute I apply it on and the moisturizer smells so divine too. The next morning I would found my t-zone flooded with oil, that's all right, it doesn't stay like that the whole day, just cleanse your face in the morning with your favourite cleanser and water. After remove the excess oil, underneath I swear to god, I can see a most more glowing, radient, healthy, clearer, smoother and softer skin. I do recommend it, if fact I swear by it. It works on about anyone and the cream itself it soft on the skin and hydrating. Please do give it a go.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by FeminineCharm

I didn't see any calming effects but this is a very light cream that is rapidly absorbed into the skin, which I liked.

There was no trace of greasiness and was comfortable to wear.

The fragrance is as usual, subtly floral.

However, for the price I can't justify buying another one because there is no SPF. It's a shame as I like the Lancome products that I have purchased so far.

This is nothing special. I don't agree with the "Neuro-Calm" pitch- what does that even mean? ( My field is chemistry )

My skin experienced no adverse reactions but the same goes for any light lotion with no added colours or fragrances.

I would not make a habit of buying this. No way.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

This is very light weight. I like the jar and the consistency. Like the previous review said, I always use spatula to scoop out cream/lotion in a jar. It is gentle yet hydrating, did not irritate my sensitive combo skin, nor does it turn my face into an oily slick in hot days. It's easily spreadable so a jar last a long time. Although I've used moisturizers that made more difference for me, this moisturizer does make my skin better through long time use. But I want to share one thing about this which is why I only gave it a 3. This is strongly perfumed, and its scent lasts for hours. I wouldn't mind the scent at all if it were not for my face. My sister is a life long Lancome customer and would buy anything Lancome. But I suggest anyone who's never worn this to try this either by visiting the Lancome counter, or get hold of a sample. Know its scent before you buy a large jar. You may love it or hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by helenajustina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is really a great cream. I'm a dermatologist and thus, I really know how to read ingredient lists and how our skin works.
I've been using it for 6 months now and can't recommend it enough. I do find it tricky however, when companies advertise their products as "suitable for sensitive skin".
First, EVERY skin is sensitive. It is just that some people react to more stuff than others. Second, one can have allergic reactions to EVERY single thing! Most of the time, if a product is suitable for sensitive skin, it just means that the product doesn't contain common irritants - no more and no less.
Everybody has to try out for themselves if a product suits them or not but as far as the ingredients are concerned, this moisturiser is great and contains all you need for good-looking skin. Just make sure to use SPF in addition or with your Makeup.
P.S.: If you use a spatula moisturisers do NOT get contaminated and you have the additional advantage to get out all of the product. With pumps, you're never able to do that.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too much perfume and synthetic ingredients, Will not use again. Now it burns my skin and makes it itchy. Gave it 2 lippies because it does not break my skin out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by BD

Horrible, horrible moisturizer for my sensitive skin!

Although it *is* moisturizing (without being greasy, which is great) on my normal/dry skin the moment I applied it my skin burned like crazy. Seriously, it even felt hot to the touch which isn't normal in me. The burning sensation went away after a while, however the fact that my skin reacted like this in the first place can't be good, imo even more so when the product claims to be soothing!

I must say I used this in the night and the day after my skin did look less dyhadrated and the dyhadration lines I had on my forehead and around the mouth disappeared.

My overall rating is 2 lippies, basically because HydraZen is definitely not suitable for "all skin types including sensitive types" as it claims. Especially since it has fragrance in it! It did NOT soothe my skin, rather it irritated it a bit. It is a nice moisturizer (hydrates well) but for the price I'd rather buy a Vichy, LRP or Avène moisturizer which is half the price and better in quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Cozielouis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It doesnt seem to be absorbed but just covers the contour. When applied other product like makeup base, it forms the clusters and gets scattered outside the skin. So irritating and ruins the base to start make-up. Completely disappointing. Only pretty outside..try to apply other stuff on top of it, and u'll see what I mean..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by svnty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I did not want to buy the full jar (50ml) in case I didn't like this, I got quite a sizable sample (15ml) free with another purchase from Lancome. With daily usage, morning and night, the 15ml jar has lasted well over a month and a half and I still have some product left in it. As it is hydrating you do not need to use a huge amount of this to get the job done. Considering this, the full version will be excellent value for money for me.

As well as leaving my dry skin feeling very moisturised, it did not irritate it which is lovely since I have sensitive skin. It does have quite a strong scent which I wasn't sure about at first but you do get used to it (in a good way!).

I will repurchase in future.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

This moisturiser is ok. It keeps skin hydrated and does not cause any irritation.

The packaging is nice but the jar is impractical, and unhygienic.

I purchased several jars of this back when I was young and ignorant about other moisturisers in the market. I was always scared to try creams that were not department store brands becuase I feared they would ruin or irritate my skin. However, since discovering the cetaphil range, I refuse to pay such expensive prices for such little product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by xsoph

this product was pretty okay on my skin, but i think cos i have young skin, it was very strong and made my skin break out a lot. i tried it when i was like... 13-14? i'm not sure if i should go back to it or not...