December 20, 2014 | 1767 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Leeso89

LOVE THIS MAKEUP!!! I can't say enough about this brand 1st love how everything is cat themed too cute. 2nd Great coverage I have acne scars so I do use a concealer of a different brand but the overall finish with this foundation on top is flawless. It feels so light weight and you dont have to use much at all. Gives a nice natural looking matte finish. Im on my first munchkin size container which is the size of a reg compact. Ive had it for 3 months and still plenty of product left. Plus I have samples of blush still that where only 1$. I <3 meow cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by lonefreckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

First, I don't understand why some people are talking about glitter in the Pampered Puss foundations. :/ Never experienced anything but a matte finish with mine.

I went through SO many samples trying to find my right shade. And this is why Meow is really worth the money --- because they helped me test my assumptions about my skin color. As a pale girl with blue veins, I always assumed I had a cool complexion and needed pink-toned foundations. But then when I bought those, I looked super pink and kind of sickly and they never really matched my neck/body. So with Meow, I went through multiple rounds of sample sending until I realized that I actually prefer more neutral and yellow toned foundations to even out my redness. In pale colors, this is hard to find elsewhere. But in Meow I found that 0-Inquisitive Korat is a close match.

The only downside, as others have mentioned, is the sheerness of Pampered Puss. This is not medium coverage by any means!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by a1103

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading many great reviews, I got a bunch of samples in Pampered and Purrfect. The company claims both are matte and "never shiny".

They are full of glitter. The sparkly bits are tiny but they are not subtle and they are not flattering. The few reviews I saw that mentioned glitter said it wasn't visible on the face...yes it is! It's easily visible from 2-3 feet. I even got a few awkward "you're sparkly" comments on the two days I did a full face with it.

Why in the world do they claim their product(s) are matte? Matte is not a confusing term.

To add insult to injury, the coverage is very sheer with both formulas. It disappeared within 3-4 hours. Adding a little extra to get better coverage made it chalky. Glittery chalk, not the look I'm going for.

They do have a great range of colors, the best I've come across. There were three colors that worked for me and that is truly amazing. Unfortunately, that's the only nice thing I can say. They misrepresent the product (intentional or not, it's still not right). The shipping took over two weeks. I've never had anything take so long, even from other countries.

Apologies for such a lengthy, sparkle induced rant. I just wanted to give a heads up so if someone is looking for matte, they won't waste a chunk of change.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by flatula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Meow Cosmetics! I started out using Flawless Feline (full coverage) and now that my acne has cleared up, I use the Pampered Puss version. It has medium coverage and it's very matte. Stays put and does not settle into creases (like BM did for me). Really, the only downside is finding a perfect shade (they have $1 samples, but it takes like $20 in samples to find yours); the colors vary between the different coverage versions, so I had to start from scratch when I switched. If you can find your shade, you'll probably not look for another MMU again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is only a preliminary review since I just got my jar of Pampered Puss and have only used it for two days - but so far I am really pleased.

Firstly, about me: I have combination skin that is equally likely to be perfectly balanced, greasier than a deep fryer, or extremely parched and dull. I am often, but not always, able to keep this under control with my skin care routine but I like a foundation that can adapt. For the past 3 years I have been using Alima Satin Matte foundation - Neutral 1 was my best match - it is a bit too neutral for me BUT that helped it hide my red cheeks really well. As of my recent review of Alima, I was considering that my HG.

Now to Meow. What a HUGE selection of shades. It was overwhelming, truth be told, but I actually pulled the trigger without sampling foundatons - I had tried the Skinny Dippers and Sunplashers in a number of shades and used those plus the product descriptions to choose Sleek Bengal (cool beige, level 2). I risked getting the (GIANT) 30 gram jar because, well, they were having a really good sale. I swatched as soon as I it got home and knew I had a match as long as this wasn't one of those powders that oxidizes to a darker, or otherwise different, shade. So far, it stays the same from application to removal.

Application: I had to experiment a little on day 1. I found that by applying this dry I could achieve very light to moderate coverage, but anything beyong "light" took a lot of building and the dry application looks more matte than I would like. I also tried this "wet" (spritzed my foundation brush with witch hazel hydrosol before picking up the minerals) and found that it was still easily buildable and I could go as light or as heavy on the coverage as I want. So far, my preference is to apply wet until I get my desired coverage, then brush a little on dry as a finishing powder if I feel I need it. Making sure I moisturize well and doing at least one layer of the wet application I can get the dewy look I like with minimal effort.

For the two days I've worn this so far, it has stayed put through my work shift and looked *almost* freshly applied when I went to remove it - so with no primer and no finishing powder (just a spritz of hydrosol to set) that's about... 10 - 11 hours, though if I were going somewhere besides home after work there were a few spots I felt needed a slight touch up. I did blot about 2/3 of the way through work tonight even though I didn't really need it and about half of the usual amount of oil came off my face - BUT that could be my skin acting balanced and not the m/u.

So far, loving it, but too soon to tell if it will replace Alima as my HG. I'll be back to update!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Ohsoohla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pampered puss is my favourite foundation. I've tried Flawless Feline also but it's a little too heavy.
PP is never cakey, no matter how much I apply. It works great with my oily skin, it's not completely matte and gives a very subtle dewy look which I really like.
I prefer to apply it with my TBS kabuki brush, 1-2 thin layers wet and 1 top layer dry cause applied this way it minimize my pores and last longer.
Lasting power is very good, up to 8 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Sk1nW0es

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a cover up for blemishes or scars. It's the only foundation that doesn't break me out. It has minimal and natural ingredients. The drawback is that it's sheer, so it's not going to make your skin look flawless if you have imperfections. It's also very matte so it may dry out your skin if you have already dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by jwhisper

I have only been wearing foundation since I turned 30 but I've made a lot of mistakes and have been walking around town with orange face or white face and everything in between, but I finally found out what it means to find a matching shade. I got a bunch of samples from Meow and one of their colors literally disappeared into my skin. I thought something was wrong because there was no visible streak of color, but it turned out it was the perfect shade. I don't think that has ever happened before. Mind blown.

I have very sensitive greasy skin, and I haven't had any breakouts. Pampered Puss is supposed to be medium coverage and I think I could use a little more but it's layerable. I like that it doesn't feel heavy, or like I'm wearing anything at all. I use the matching concealer to cover up the persistent dark spots and I feel natural and even toned. Not flawless, but I have bumpy textured skin and this is not a magic potion, so I don't expect miracles. I am really happy with my purchase and the little Munchkin jar should last me a long time, even with daily wear. I highly recommend it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by TranquilTurtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff, this is the only mineral makeup I've tried and I don't plan on buying any others. it has layer able coverage and works well with the concealer to hide any blemishes or redness if needed. it looks very natural and is light weight, can't even feel it on my skin like when I was using liquid foundations. They have a shade that will match any skin tone, though it does take some trial and error to find the perfect one. One of the main reasons I tried this is because it's a lot cheaper then getting mineral makeup from MAC or Micabella, definitely recommend this if you are looking for a natural look with light to medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff! I have tried Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, Signature Minerals, Lucy Minerals, and Lumiere. This is my favorite by far.

Pros - does not break me out, looks very natural, feels like you're not wearing anything, LOTS of shade options, they sell samples, it does not settle in fine lines, lasts throughout the day

Cons - shipping takes forever, products have cutesy cat names which is just annoying, no locking feature on foundation jars so not travel friendly, so many color options it may be overwhelming at first

If you want full coverage, this is probably not the one for you.
Personally, I prefer light to medium coverage and this fits the bill. I have and will continue to repurchase.