October 21, 2014 | 906 users online

Conditioner - Davines - Love Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! Thick, creamy, my hair feels like silk. But... the BIGGEST difference is when I blow it out using my usual styling products, my hair is smooth. I mean, the kind of smooth I get when I use my CHI.... it's amazing. The scent is lovely, my hair color looks richer... I am SOLD on the LOVE LINE.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by smashinga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with the scent.
I find this to be a great conditioner and it doesn't clog my pores like a lot of other deep conditioners.
It's kind of pricey at $24 but since I used it the first time, last summer, I have been wanting to go back and buy it. Finally got my second tub and will re-review after it's finished.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by wish71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was too heavy for regular use on my fine, wavy hair. It would weigh down my waves after a few uses in a row even with the little I used (about a quarter sized amount for shoulder lenghth hair). It did leave my hair soft and manageable though. The smell might put some people off, because you notice the oil. The packaging is terrible. It's a jar that can be a bit unweildly with wet hands. Plus, having to scoop out product like that makes me wonder about its shelf life.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by JulesJoolz

Got to agree with Sardis. This stuff has absolutely changed my hair from frizzy, bumpy, angry looking hair to smooth, manageable breck girl hair. I didn't think it was possible. Previous to tring Davines I was using Kerastase and did notice a big improvement with it...but my hair was still not silky and shiny no matter what the weather. But with this stuff my hair looks like I just walked out of the salon. LOVE IT!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Katie80

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

SUPER TOXIC INGREDIENTS!

Uhm...this was my favorite conditioner until I checked it out on costmeticdatabase.com It's a site that tells you how toxic your favorite products are. This got a 10 - which is the most hazardous to your health.

Sorry, but not worth getting sick over. Carcinogens? No thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by sardis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is for the smoothing conditioner. My hair is big and bumpy and gets bigger in the heat/humidity. This stuff makes my hair silky and soft- more so than an hour of Kerastase Oleo relax mask. I'm thrilled cuz i'm looking for alternatives to L'Oreal which owns everything and is on the poopy list for somehow helping kill Palestinians. They don't own Davines yet do they? I need more of this...i got Breck girl hair! Breck was...aw google it young uns...

update: yep yep- temperature in the 90s and my hair has never looked or felt like this in the heat. Divine Davines. delicious. Hope nobody buys them up. Their distribution stinks perhaps on purpose...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lisalangsdorf

I have been using this product for almost a year, and I really like it. That said, I'm not crazy about the packaging, wish it was a little less expensive and it also takes a long time to rinse out. But those are my only cons. The pink cream is very rich but it does not weigh my hair down. I just dyed my hair darker and it's done wonders to restore the moisure, that and Bumble & Bumble Prep spray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ohmigod. Can I give this, like, 32 lippies?!?? Please??? I know one should not prepare a review until the product in question has been used for a respectable amount of time (and I generally adhere to this philosophy) but seriously, I can't *not* review this -- right. now. -- because it has just worked some kind of mojo on my hair in one use. I have shoulder-length curly, coarse, thick hair that I processed to within an inch of its life several months ago. I've since been searching for a really awesome moisturizing treatment, as the condition just seems to be locked in a downward spiral -- Bed Head, Kerastase, Lush, Ion, Pureology -- and the only good thing I've found so far was coconut oil, but it just wasn't quite . . . enough. On a lark, I ordered the Love curl enhancing shampoo as a sort of last-ditch, "if this doesn't work I'll just have a *lot* chopped off and start again" effort. I changed nothing in my shower routine -- I was not due for a wash, so I didn't, I simply subbed this for my previously normal Lush American Cream conditioner, refrained from coconut oil, and proceeded with my usual-of-late Moroccan Oil Curl Creme before diffuse drying and OH. MY. GOODNESS. My trashed, strawlike, refusing-to-curl hair has arranged itself into giant, soft, bouncing ringlets of wonder. I'm not joking. The curls are so large and so bouncy that my haircut looks ridiculous (as it was most recently cut by a new stylist who didn't actually believe that I had curly hair. Needless to say, I thumb my nose at her) but I don't even care because the feel and curl is GLORIOUS. SInce this is the only thing that's changed, I am charging it with miraculous acts and was thereby compelled to share. Oh fortune! American Cream who?? And this ascends the pedestal to HG status whilst I dance around and jump excessively, just to feel the soft ringlets jangling around my shoulders. Hosannah! Admittedly: packaging is a stupid bucket thing and it's a little on the spendy side if you don't take into consideration that you only need a teensy bit each time. Totally worth it -- practically a value, in fact. Scent is pure, unadulterated grapefruit, and the consistency is uber-thick -- almost paste-like. But did I mention that it's amazing??

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by virgogrl100

Love/Conditioner: Lovely Curl Enhancing Conditioner:
I didn't love this product when I first tried it, but that is because I wasn't using it correctly. I always thought that if you use too much conditioner and leave it on for too long, it will make your hair oily or greasy. I was just using a little bit and washing it out right away.
I actually discovered by accident that this conditioner is amazing when you just let it sit on your hair while you are shaving, shower gelling, etc. It makes your hair really lovely! If you have natural curl/wave, this product can help bring it out. Never would have thought that about a conditioner!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 5:29:00 AM More reviews by ResearchWarrior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG intensive conditioner. I'm usually never swayed much by advertising or magazines but I was reading an article where Chris McMillan or someone said he uses this on his movie star clients' over-processed locks and that "the hair just drinks it in." I saw that the product was pricey and had an unfamiliar Italian name so I wrote it off, but I kept thinking about what a great (albeit exaggerated and cheesy) description that was. My highlighted hair wanted a drink!

But I pushed it to the back of my mind and moved on, continuing to use my staple set Redken All Soft (which I still also love and highly recommend). So imagine my surprise when I'm at Longss a few days later and see Davines there on the shelf! (Note: I have since learned that apparently drugstore sale of salon products can be illegal, and the fact that it was the only time I've been able to find Davines there probably means Longs got busted early on).

Anyway, although Love was expensive (even on sale), the image of my stressed hair "drinking in" this clean, kinda sweet-smelling conditioner was too much and I bought the bootleg stuff immediately. I skipped the Love shampoo and styling products because the article had mentioned this was a deep treatment, and at the time I didn't consider it an everyday product, although I think now it's marketed that way.

The packaging: yes, it's bad. The smaller size is essentially a plastic bucket and the lid never does screw on after the first opening; it just rests on top. It slipped off the edge of the tub more than once and of course slippery conditioner spilled out all over the tile. BUT, the wide opening makes it so easy to scoop product out, easy to put it back if you take too much, and easy to clean up off the bathroom floor. Plus, I've since repurchased it in the liter size which is in a much stiffer plastic bottle - still with a wide opening, but at least the cap screws on. It is a bit awkward, but I'm willing to deal.

Anyway, on to the actual product. It feels slick going on, but thick. I'm probably kidding myself, but I do imagine my dry ends "drinking" this in. Haha, I'll admit that's sounds like I'm slightly delusional, but hey, this stuff suckered me. And it works! My hair is so incredibly soft after using this. It's almost too soft to style, but I never mind that since I tend to limit my Love use to once a week and let my hair air-dry afterward. I can't attest to using it as an everyday product, but I have long wavy hair and I think this would be too heavy for daily use, even for me.

I agree with mapn's review and concerns about ingredients. Most of my products are "greener" than this (although Davines as a whole does seem to be environmentally responsible, at least in PR). But I haven't noticed any adverse side effects from silicones, parabens, colors, etc. and I've been using this for almost two years. Also, I'm sensitive to scent, and while this is a bit perfumey, I like it. Other Davines products can be overpowering, but this is lovely and doesn't linger once hair is dry.

Bottom line: Davines can be expensive and can be tricky to find, but as a deep conditioner, Love is amazing and worth the effort.